MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cdd89

Is it still expected to be the case that Hyperspace Mountain will revert to Space Mountain at the end of SOTF 2019, I.e. as of 17 March 2019?

I really hope so. I am truly fed up of HSM, both in DLP and in HKDL! And I gather it’s now permanent in the latter :(

fradz

Is it still expected to be the case that Hyperspace Mountain will revert to Space Mountain at the end of SOTF 2019, I.e. as of 17 March 2019?

I really hope so. I am truly fed up of HSM, both in DLP and in HKDL! And I gather it’s now permanent in the latter :(
It is expected to return to Mission 2, yes, HSM is not permanent in Paris. As far as dates go, I've heard conflicting things so I can't say.

Regarding SW:GE, I wouldn't compare floor space in French documents to what we know about SW:GE in the US, as the concept is a little bit strange. Just know that we can expect to have the Rise of the Resistance ride + merch&food; at least in the first phase. If everything goes well, the land would grow in size.

Interesting! I wasn't really trying to compare this expansion to SW:GE alone, but rather imagining how we'll also finally get an exiting and huge project to follow in Paris. That wasn't really clear in my last post. :)

Indy_UK

Anyone else seen on twitter today that there's talk of 2 more rides coming to Disneyland Park? Apparently Mickey and Minnie's runaway Railway is one and Is meant to go between Small world and Videopolis?

Last edited:

fradz

I mentioned this about 2 months ago :)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magical-dlp-news-rumours-thoughts.887042/page-31#post-8444781
& here:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magical-dlp-news-rumours-thoughts.887042/page-32#post-8477661

The second ride is Indy (the EMV), between Pirates and the Indy coaster.

If you have time, feel free to scroll through my posts in this topic and the other one about the WDSP development.
I first mention the possibility of a ride in that spot in August, there: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ced-for-wds-paris.938477/page-27#post-8345000
I got the IP very wrong at the time, obviously, as this was pure speculation from me.

Things have stabilized since early November, with MMR & Indy EMV being the most talked.

cjkeating

I can't wait for HSM to go either... at the moment I'm visiting the park every few months and I don't even bother to ride it now unless it fills a gap in my day.

Stevie Amsterdam

So happy Indy is still on the table. One of the things I’m most looking forward to for DLP. It’s such an exiting ride and Tokyo and Anaheim are so far away to experience this that it’ll be a warm welcome for me. Two indoor rides are also welcome, paris can be really cold.
Same here! I wonder what kind of story telling they will use for the ride; a copy of Anaheim, a copy of Tokyo or a complete new storyline?

RandySavage

^Hopefully the latter. Still, Indy coming to Adventureland feels way too good to be true considering DLP's track record. With my luck, only one will get the green light, and it will be the cartoon mickey train.

DisneyFan 2000

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but while booking my stay for later this year at Newport Bay I was offered an option to add 3 choices for upgraded FPes to my vacation package:

1. Five one-time passes for "experience" rides. These included Ratatouille and Buzz on the list.
2. Five one-time passes for thrill rides such as ToT, BTM and Crush's Coaster.
3. Ultra ticket that includes unlimited rides on all available FP rides.

I tried to add them to my vacation package to check the prices but they were shown as unavailable when selected. I'm sorry if this information has been mentioned previously , its been a while since I've read up on DLP. Didn't think to take screenshots of the choices at the time lol. I apologize for the vague information.

DisneyFan 2000

Thanks, guess I thought this was new since they weren't actually available for purchase through the website. I guess it's just another case of Disney's brilliant IT lol

AndyS2992

I mentioned this about 2 months ago :)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magical-dlp-news-rumours-thoughts.887042/page-31#post-8444781
& here:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magical-dlp-news-rumours-thoughts.887042/page-32#post-8477661

The second ride is Indy (the EMV), between Pirates and the Indy coaster.

If you have time, feel free to scroll through my posts in this topic and the other one about the WDSP development.
I first mention the possibility of a ride in that spot in August, there: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ced-for-wds-paris.938477/page-27#post-8345000
I got the IP very wrong at the time, obviously, as this was pure speculation from me.

Things have stabilized since early November, with MMR & Indy EMV being the most talked.
Soooo no Splash Mountain? That's annoying. It's needed badly in the summer.

mharrington

Anyone else seen on twitter today that there's talk of 2 more rides coming to Disneyland Park? Apparently Mickey and Minnie's runaway Railway is one and Is meant to go between Small world and Videopolis?

I saw this on a video, on Disney Newscast, about the potential of rumor of this ride coming to both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris:

It said that the size of the ride in Florida is 1.85 acres, which just fits in the space behind the Gag Factory in Disneyland and, in the case of Disneyland Paris, in between Small World and Star Tours and behind the railroad track. I hope they have at least a mini-land for this area, as putting it in Fantasyland proper doesn't quite fit thematically. It also begs the question of whether there will be meet-n-greets back there, especially since there is a Mickey meet-n-greet elsewhere in Fantasyland.

Trekkie101

Lion King and Jungle Festival announced today:

- Rythms of the Pride Lands Stage Show
- King of the Swingers musical show
- Drum academy
- Timon MataDance party
- Park walking characters

Interestingly some of the artwork is from Animal Kingdom

If you want to read the press release from Disneyland Paris: https://dlrpr.com/festival-of-the-lion-king-and-jungle-book/

Attachments

• D851B95B-825B-48E6-B920-00088DF799A3.jpeg
    D851B95B-825B-48E6-B920-00088DF799A3.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 237
  • E1DFA78F-EDAA-4A50-A8EB-23DDF592BC93.jpeg
    E1DFA78F-EDAA-4A50-A8EB-23DDF592BC93.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 223
  • B2171581-B76D-4B95-BDA5-68D9BA64E2B3.jpeg
    B2171581-B76D-4B95-BDA5-68D9BA64E2B3.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 240

DLRP NEWS

What happen when you move a spring season in winter ?! You see princesses with sweater :joyfull::joyfull: And i'm not sure about the sweater for Moana and Ariel ... :eek:

mickeyfan5534

What happen when you move a spring season in winter ?! You see princesses with sweater :joyfull::joyfull: And i'm not sure about the sweater for Moana and Ariel ... :eek:

Honestly, most of the cold weather changes look good. The only real problems are Ariel's and Moana's. I have a feeling Ariel's wasn't ready and it'll change in the upcoming weeks. Moana's I'm not sure but it's just bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom