MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Bolna

The Price of a midweek hotel package, no matter for what time of the year you look, has doubled in the past year. Actually doubled. I looked this time last year and you could get Newport Beach Club 4 nights for less than £800...same dates following year it’s up to £1650....has anybody else noticed this? I played around with many different dates and it never come close to last years pricing.

It’s £400 extra for 2 of us to stay on international drive for 3 weeks! Just s Rosen inn, but still.

I can’t believe the pricing

At the same time you can book the DLP hotels on Expedia (without tickets) for 179 € for Newport Bay Club. Also, the official packages are always a question of which discounts are currently being offered.

fradz

There will be some announcements made at Destination D, but I have not been able to confirm if DL’s MMRR will be part of it. The ride is also now slated for Paris.
Just wanted to point out that @GiveMeTheMusic, another insider, is now also indicating the MMRR ride is slated for Paris. That's the 4th insider (3 french, 1 US) who agrees that there are at least "talks" about this happening.

DLRP NEWS

BREAKING NEWS ! Cinemagique return is cancelled ! Studio Theater will host from November 24th to January 6th a new christmas show with Disney characters, live music and singer, and dancers !

AndyS2992

BREAKING NEWS ! Cinemagique return is cancelled ! Studio Theater will host from November 24th to January 6th a new christmas show with Disney characters, live music and singer, and dancers !
Sounds good to me. Was never really a fan of Cinemagique.. it’s pretty dated.

fradz

Thanks Stevie!

So, it is still in the plans yes, mixed Meet & Greet and "expo" of future projects.

Side note: I was displeased with the operations yesterday. Lots of 101, poor management of it... Many effects were also down.
The CMs were amazingly nice though, but it was quite light crowded so less stressful, and I was walking around with a Disney guy :hilarious:

Indy_UK

MMRR In Paris wouldn't surprise me. I think the eventual plan would be to have it in every park. It's a capacity eater, probabaly easy to update and especially when you get to things like Mickeys 100th can continue to be a big draw

Franklin47disneyguy

The Telegraph (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...ate-1000-jobs-pushes-double-visitor-capacity/) is claiming that they have hands on research conducted by Disney to double attendance in 2030. To achieve this they are working on more expansions in addition to the already announced WDS expansion. This will included more hotel rooms, new rides for both parks and the Disney village expansion. They also mention a third gate to be part of this project.

Stevie Amsterdam

The Telegraph (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...ate-1000-jobs-pushes-double-visitor-capacity/) is claiming that they have hands on research conducted by Disney to double attendance in 2030. To achieve this they are working on more expansions in addition to the already announced WDS expansion. This will included more hotel rooms, new rides for both parks and the Disney village expansion. They also mention a third gate to be part of this project.
Do you have the text of the article? I'm very curious about this and find it so exciting! The website wants me to register, which I don't want to do.

cjkeating

Do you have the text of the article? I'm very curious about this and find it so exciting! The website wants me to register, which I don't want to do.

I don't believe the article has any new news over what is available in the WDSP expansion/consultation documents so I'd just have a read of these to avoid the paywall.

Indy_UK

Further expansion past what’s been announced and a 3rd gate?

8AE50C9D-194E-4129-ABD0-3E5F43178265.jpeg

fradz

It's expected that WDSP lands around the lake will be fully completed in the second phase, if everything goes as planned.
There's always the rumored Cars Land for the spot on the right side.
Additionally, 2 E-tickets are to be announced for Parc Disneyland.
The 3rd gate, it's known for a while where they want to put it. The question is when that will be done

All in all, yes we know which projects they have, but which ones will be built and when: that's something else.

AndyS2992

The third gate has been known about since Euro Disney's inception, it's contractually obligated to be built by 2030 I believe. It was originally a lot closer but Disney and then French government agreed to push the date back.

Robbiem

The third gate has been known about since Euro Disney's inception, it's contractually obligated to be built by 2030 I believe. It was originally a lot closer but Disney and then French government agreed to push the date back.

Building out the studios and adding to DLP will likely take 10years plus so I wouldnt assume a third gate until the mid to late 2030s if at all. The French government are likely more concerned with job numbers and investment dollars rather than number of parks so I suspect there will be another agreement to postpone so,long as disney keep investing

I would think second parks in Hong Kong and shanghai would have priority over another European gate unless there is a legal requirement which could leave us with another WDSP 1.0 mess for park three

Franklin47disneyguy

They can't push the deadline again, because then the French government is able to sell the land to other companies. Fun fact the land wish is used for the Studios expansion is also not owned by Disney just yet. But there is a contract that only Disney can buy the land till a certain deadline. As for gate 3 I really hope for a DisneySea style park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom