MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

wdrive

Honestly a bit disappointed, I do love Lion King but Frontierland just feels like the wrong place to host a Lion King show (maybe an improvement over Discoveryland). Quite intrigued to see what they have planned though.

Not that it excuses it but the shows in that theatre have rarely fit Frontierland.

Pocahontas and Goofy's Summer Camp are the only ones that spring to mind that ever fit.

AndyS2992

Euro Disney shirts for sale in Disney Village:

I love stuff like this, wish they used the actual Euro Disney logo though.
10-bis.jpg

Edit: It says this merchandise isn't actually new and is actually genuine 90s Euro Disney merch that has been sat in a warehouse for twenty years that they have decided to put back on shelves given the current trend of bringing back retro stuff. I thought these were new reproductions but no, a little off putting if true I guess, though saves them going to waste I suppose.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
From yesterday's presentation (via ED92):

- Col. Hathi's will be "completely transformed"
- Disney Village remodel will be announced soon
- No Magic Bands for DLP
- Former Pizza Planet location will be used for special events
- Work is being done to fix the smoke effect on BTM
- Mark Twain returns 2020
- Online restaurant reservations have been tested
- Mickey birthday celebration Nov 1 to Jan 6 (yes, cupcakes are involved)
- Phantom Manor float coming to Halloween Parade this year
- New Christmas show in studios this year?
- 50th Anniversary PotC book coming to DLP stores
- New effects and "reworked storyline" (?) coming to Phantom Manor

peep

That event on Friday revealed so many things! Very exciting time to be a DLP fan.

I wasn't going to book a trip for Halloween or Christmas this year but the news of the Phantom inspired float for the Halloween parade has me making plans to see it.

coruscant

I was there the day before (14th July - Bastille Day) and the fireworks after Illuminations were amazing. The best Bastille Day they have put together IMO.

Robbiem

DLP is introducing Disney Access One.

Basically you can pay €15 for ONE fastpass for ONE attraction that you can use whenever you want that day. Plus you'll get some souvenir.

More details:

http://www.magical-ears.com/Merchan...000041/index_DISNEY_ACCESS_ONE_FY18_UK_0.html

Are people really going to pay for this? If you could get to the attraction several times, maybe yes, but just to use it once?

Maybe this is testing the waters to see how much up charge people are willing to pay. I could see some form of paid fastpass being introduced

Anyone have any idea what the gift is? My guess would be an on ride photo or exclusive pin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom