MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Yeah I saw that. It didn't say anything about them going into Stars On Parade. Hopefully the princess one will.

The Princess and Pirates float are part of a mini parade for the event... it wouldn't surprise me if this float made its way into Stars on Parade in the future however.

Donald Dutch

According to that other site, maybe the new float(s) aren't going into Stars On Parade?
I think we can say for sure that the Pirate float won't go into Stars on Parade because it already has a Peter Pan float. For the Princess float however, it would not be surprising if it was added to Stars on Parade. It was already announced on the day that Stars on Parade debuted (back in March) that a Princess float would be added in 2018.

IanDLBZF

According to @disneygoff on Twitter, there's a rumor that Tower of Terror at DLP and DHS will be getting a new theme. Apparently what happened is that original plans were for WDSP's TOT to be transformed into GOTGMB, but as of now those plans were scrapped. The attraction will remain as Tower of Terror but a new story will worked into the attraction which will be co-financed. No other details at this time.
Source -

This is developing.... Both WDSP and DHS.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-tower-of-terror-to-gain-new-theme.937050/

cjkeating

Fake. Guardians is pretty much a given for Paris it seems as they want to add Marvel to the parks however WDW’s will be something else. Disney wants to cut costs and is obviously tired of paying CBS royalties for the Twilight Zone theme.

As many people have said before GOTG makes sense in theory for WDSP however in reality it only creates a cheap, quick win.

I'm fully supportive of a Marvel expansion however logic would state it needs to take over the rear left hand side of the park and not have GOTG stuck in the centre of the park. TOT lends itself perfectly to anchor a plussed Hollywood style hub for WDSP.

Why they wouldn't overlay RNRC using anything from the Epcot GOTG coaster or rumoured DCA Marvel coaster is beyond me... or maybe this is what they now plan to do if TOT is hopefully staying.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
What's left of the Mark Twain, from ED92's twitter a few days ago. @marni1971 any real plans for this? It seems a waste to keep it if they don't.

DTHHj1kWAAAbQtP.jpg

cjkeating

What's left of the Mark Twain, from ED92's twitter a few days ago. @marni1971 any real plans for this? It seems a waste to keep it if they don't.

DTHHj1kWAAAbQtP.jpg

At a meeting with Disney fan sites in December 2015 Daniel Decourt the COO said the following:

What is the future of the Mark Twain ?
“It is in my 10-year rehabilitation plan”. “It is in a terrible state”.

I think as long as the boat doesn't fall apart before they fix it then there is a good chance it will eventually return, if there was no chance it would have been destroyed by now. Logically though I understand this must be one of their lowest priorities and has a limited return as the requirement for DLP to operate two boats must be very limited.

The Empress Lilly

Disney confirmed at D23 Japan that RnRC will get an Avengers retheme. No date yet for when it will happen.
Barf.

But no surprise.

At least that area of the park has always been one of the sparsest and poorest themed of any Disney park. So that's a consolation when they transform it into Marvel land.
I enjoy RnRC though, I hope it will remain untouched in DHS for some time yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom