MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

peep

"Pineapple Whip" (aka Dole Whip) is now being sold in DLP's Adventureland.

This seems to be splitting opinion as it isn't Dole Whip like what is sold in the American parks. This is just a pineapple syrup/juice with some vanilla soft serve in it. Those that have tried it seem to like it though. I'll certainly give it a try on my next visit in August.

The Empress Lilly

Strong rumours that DLP's Space Mountain will get the Star Wars treatment http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/disneyland-paris-space-mountain-is.html?m=1
Please not. That area of DiscoveryLand is Jules Verne Land. There is a certain unity to the theme of the subland, and of the Verne subland to all of DiscoveryLand, and even a unity of that all the way to and with Main Street.

I love the view from near the Nautilus, looking towards the Hyperion, Space Mountain looming above you. It's a nice retro future look, and as Verne Land even providing some sort of unity with French and European literary tradition - another recurring theme throughout the park.

JDL30

The Main Street Station has now been fully revealed after its long refurb - looking pretty good. Looking forward to seeing all of the updates next year:

DLPR.jpg

JDL30

Another look at the refurbished Main Street Station - looks glorious. Peter Pans Flight also reopened (early, unthinkable I know!) today - It has renewed projection of Peter Pan's shadow in the nursery and new animated water & waterfall effects. Also a general clean and repaint - looks lovely!

DLRP.jpg

Max Fan

10: 00, « Peter Pan’s Flight » has reopened after more than 6 months of renovations. It is a jewel! The success of the attraction will continue to grow through this renovation allowed to review lighting, animations, repainting the decors and modernise the attraction with projections.
It is very simple, one has the impression of rediscovering the attraction with animations that we have not suspected, as the movements of the boat of captain hook in the scene of overview of island, in addition to the appearance of projections making the more immersive! Everything is brighter.

Article : DLP Welcome

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
10: 00, « Peter Pan’s Flight » has reopened after more than 6 months of renovations. It is a jewel! The success of the attraction will continue to grow through this renovation allowed to review lighting, animations, repainting the decors and modernise the attraction with projections.
It is very simple, one has the impression of rediscovering the attraction with animations that we have not suspected, as the movements of the boat of captain hook in the scene of overview of island, in addition to the appearance of projections making the more immersive! Everything is brighter.

Article : DLP Welcome

Wow that looks great. I remember DLP's as being good but this is better than I remembered. I just got back from WDW, and this puts WDW's to shame.

peep

This would be a welcome addition to the Studios park. I can't help but feel Tower won't be a great place to display this show though?

FigmentForver96

This would be a welcome addition to the Studios park. I can't help but feel Tower won't be a great place to display this show though?
They've used the tower before and with extraordinary results. I just don't like the focus on the single movie series. Something Hollywood based would be fantastic, heck, they could even play the Tower of Terror opening performance they had nightly and that would be pretty good.

The Empress Lilly

WDSP lacks any central entertainment, even central focus. There is neither day nor night parade, no nightshow, no fireworks, not even an (outdoors) main street like environment nor, indeed, an icon. It is difficult to convey identity and provide for emotional attachment that way. So any show is greatly needed.

ToT would have to serve as the backdrop by default, even if it is awkwardly placed and looks even more like a Syrian war torn city than the other ToT's.

wbth0k.jpg

cjkeating

Part of me wonders if the Star Wars projection/fireworks show at WDSP will be instead of Dreams! whilst it gets reworked for the 25th. I had assumed it would take a break in the run up to April, possibly not returning after Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom