MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I am a bit more concerned about the potential Lion King mini-land in WDS. How would they create an African savannah atmosphere with its seemingly endless grasslands and African trees in such a limited space. If they pick the jungle location, it would feel like a copy of Adventureland. Pandora would be similar but still distinctively different.

Lion King has long been rumored (hoped for?) as a possible addition to Animal Kingdom. Would make sense for them to split development costs and build clones in Animal Kingdom and Paris.

Brummyboy92

So we getting a flat near the English garden, Lion King Land (Water ride), and Avatar land then?

Wonder if the flat ride could be the cancelled Epcot Mary Poppins attraction? That would be controversial. 👀

I also share peoples fears on how can you make an African savannah feel immersive, but perhaps they would build the canyon Scar killed Mufasa, with Pride rock inaccessible in the distance, (false perspective kind of thing), instead?

I am glad Studio 1 is having a revamp, although like most I would still much prefer this to be demolished, creating a street instead. Although if we have to stick with the studio, I really hope they go all in, and make it spectacular.

Ultimately these rumours that are speculating are pretty bold, and hopefully a sign that leadership intend on fixing the studios park once and for all.

Idol

We also had two other The Little Mermaid attractions for that area with an Ursula octopus ride and a themed carrousel that is now the plateau queue area for it’s a small world. saidTony Baxter

So the flat ride for wds will be a carrousel!

Parkatm

Lion King has long been rumored (hoped for?) as a possible addition to Animal Kingdom. Would make sense for them to split development costs and build clones in Animal Kingdom and Paris.

I think that’s already the case with the Moana’s ride, they seem to share the same ride system (maybe they’ll share the same layout too). Anyway, if Moana’s Splash Mountain is coming to DAK, I
think that definitely kills Lion King’s Splash Mountain for DAK.

yensidtlaw1969

More LEDs. Also the smallest turrets on the opposite side now have them too.

I'm still somewhat surprised that when they redid the roofs during that recent refub they didn't just embed lights in them.

That would have looked much nicer than laying a cage on top of the brand new slate, and it would have been a perfect time to do it.

cjkeating

I'm still somewhat surprised that when they redid the roofs during that recent refub they didn't just embed lights in them.

From watching the behind the scenes footage of the turrets being reconstructed I don't think they could have been embedded. DLP went to great lengths to 'faithfully' restore the castle with each of the blue slates being individually hand cut and positioned onto the (if I remember correctly) wood turret substructure. I just don't see how the lights could be embodied into the individual slates and then maintained?

I think it is more than possible however on the DL and MK castles where the castles are made of fibreglass.

yensidtlaw1969

From watching the behind the scenes footage of the turrets being reconstructed I don't think they could have been embedded. DLP went to great lengths to 'faithfully' restore the castle with each of the blue slates being individually hand cut and positioned onto the (if I remember correctly) wood turret substructure. I just don't see how the lights could be embodied into the individual slates and then maintained?

I think it is more than possible however on the DL and MK castles where the castles are made of fibreglass.
That's part of what's so weird - faithfully restore all the slate, only to lop a matrix of wires on top all of it? Surely that's not better than just sneaking some LEDs into the gaps between the slates - or even Fiber Optics so the actual lights could be stored below the turret.

You'd think there'd have to be a better way, and someone on payroll who's clever enough to figure it out.

lazyboy97o

That would have looked much nicer than laying a cage on top of the brand new slate, and it would have been a perfect time to do it.

Perhaps it’s also an ease of access / maintenance reason?
Lots of little holes in your roof is asking for trouble. Holes seemingly flush with your roof is asking for even more. You want roof penetrations to stick out, often by something like a minimum of 8”, to ensure there is enough coverage of the roofing materials to properly prevent water intrusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom