MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

mrflo

Why? Iger handed over a company with a huge debt because he overplayed his hand in the Fox deal... Right before the pandemic hits the West...
But he is a much better communicator than Chapek, that is true! Let' see...
Iger did lots of mistakes including overpaying for Fox. But at least him coming back gives TWDC some time to find a better successor over the next two years. Maybe Iger gets more praise and Chapek more criticism than they deserve. But between the two I am still feeling more confident with Iger for now. Chapek is the worse communicator for sure. Though with his plans for exploiting Disney as a lifestyle brand with real estate projects or sports betting his vision for the company was not that great either.

lazyboy97o

Iger did lots of mistakes including overpaying for Fox. But at least him coming back gives TWDC some time to find a better successor over the next two years. Maybe Iger gets more praise and Chapek more criticism than they deserve. But between the two I am still feeling more confident with Iger for now. Chapek is the worse communicator for sure. Though with his plans for exploiting Disney as a lifestyle brand with real estate projects or sports betting his vision for the company was not that great either.
How contract extensions did Iger sign claiming he was doing it to find the right successor?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Paris has a lot of investment happening in dsp, hotels, and the downtown Disney area, but even with all that happening it still seems...like it needs a lot more. What's the biggest exclusive attraction between the 2 parks? The rethemed iron man coaster? Paris needs something big and exclusive imo
Rat did the job until it was cloned. You could say Tower is unique now. And Space Mountain.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Paris has a lot of investment happening in dsp, hotels, and the downtown Disney area, but even with all that happening it still seems...like it needs a lot more. What's the biggest exclusive attraction between the 2 parks? The rethemed iron man coaster? Paris needs something big and exclusive imo

Indy coaster. Crush's Coaster. RC Racers. The entire Rat area is unique, even if they cloned the ride. Paris's versions of Tower, BTM, Space, and Pirates are unique (and arguably superior, for a few of those) in their own ways, not to mention Phantom Manor.

There are so many things at DLP that you have to experience to understand and appreciate. Most videos out there don't do them justice.

LondonTom

Some huge price increases at restaurants at Disneyland Paris today. Some pretty substantial

The Buffet rises are not too bad but for what is currently on the menu on Auberge and Walt's just yikes!
I was only looking yesterday for my march trip as a few other restaurants became available and was already a bit...meh on value for those!

Also taking away the magnums from the quick service meals boo! :(

cjkeating

The Buffet rises are not too bad but for what is currently on the menu on Auberge and Walt's just yikes!
I was only looking yesterday for my march trip as a few other restaurants became available and was already a bit...meh on value for those!

Also taking away the magnums from the quick service meals boo! :(
I’ve eaten at Walt’s twice this year and at €44 it felt like a bargain in the world of Disney Parks pricing. The previous menu in 2017 was €49 so it felt like an anomaly so not surprising at all.

Coming out of the reopenings the set menus created some parity but with these rises I can see the tiering coming back to differentiate restaurants from others.

Can’t deny the removal of the counter service dessert as basic as it is aggrieves me more than the table service rises.

LondonTom

I’ve eaten at Walt’s twice this year and at €44 it felt like a bargain in the world of Disney Parks pricing. The previous menu in 2017 was €49 so it felt like an anomaly so not surprising at all.

Coming out of the reopenings the set menus created some parity but with these rises I can see the tiering coming back to differentiate restaurants from others.

Can’t deny the removal of the counter service dessert as basic as it is aggrieves me more than the table service rises.
It might be more of a personal thing, as I think with both menu changes I'd likely end up with the roast chicken and it...seems a lot for that 😂 (I'm quite a fussy eater so this often happens to me but they previous I had the what they claimed was not just any old burger and at Auberge often they had a Beef Fillet as the chef's special)

cheezbat

Yeah they are and rethemed rides are cool and all, but the fact the a lot of Paris major rides are rethemed older rides is....Paris needs something big and unique imo.
WDS needs the Galaxy’s Edge and another land….DLP needs a new E-ticket. I think doing these two things could really Improve the resort. When I visited it, I loved it…but I agree, they do need at least one signature attraction. Maybe an Aladdin E-ticket? That would be one of a kind!

Sir_Cliff

Honestly, I would support this. I don't love Starbucks coffee, but good lord it can take a long time to order a coffee on Main Street at present. I admit to having marvelled while standing in a long line for coffee at how slow they manage to make every step of the process!

IMDREW

So will they be presenting some sort of master plan? Or will this whole project be announced piece by piece? It sounds like they still haven't really made up their minds on what to do with the place. With the comments of testing stuff out and adjusting plans throughout. Like this new pub. "We're doing this, but we're gonna change it again eventually" approach. I'd love a Disney Springs or Disneytown Shanghai aesthetic, but I'm getting a bit worried it all will be much more basic looking and less cohesive than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom