MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

walt-e

I’m currently in Disneyland Paris and almost all rides are closed due to a major power outage!
A8F23BBB-FF90-42AB-BAAA-822D93032221.png
8174A27D-E6B7-4060-ADE6-810D08BBF0B8.png
148723B6-B0DE-4620-A4B1-64AFAADDC758.png

walt-e

Yes, it didn’t last too long! The actual power outage lasted a few seconds but all rides closed for an hour to an hour and a half but many things in the park were not working properly after it. For example, the first performance of the Lion KING show was delayed for about 30 minutes and was interrupted before the end due to technical difficulties.

cjkeating

I was in Dream Factory and the power 'blipped' about 30 seconds in. No obvious power outage just a few bits of tech turned off/reset themselves. The following show worked without an issue.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Doesn't DLP management usually do their own media launch/press junket where they announce new offerings, especially for the anniversaries? Maybe it's my "the glass is half-full" side showing, but I didn't detect anything from Josh's presentation about Stars on Parade and Illuminations being extended until the 30th. It might be an implicit announcement, but I also think they had him merely reannounce that to pad the 55 minutes he had for the presentation since a lot of the discussion points on there were previously announced already (HKDL's Follow Your Dreams, SDL's Illuminate, TDS's Fantasy Springs update, etc.).

ToTBellHop

Doesn't DLP management usually do their own media launch/press junket where they announce new offerings, especially for the anniversaries? Maybe it's my "the glass is half-full" side showing, but I didn't detect anything from Josh's presentation about Stars on Parade and Illuminations being extended until the 30th. It might be an implicit announcement, but I also think they had him merely reannounce that to pad the 55 minutes he had for the presentation since a lot of the discussion points on there were previously announced already (HKDL's Follow Your Dreams, SDL's Illuminate, TDS's Fantasy Springs update, etc.).
They were pretty direct:

“A new, limited time show will debut at the Castle Hub, and Disneyland Paris is bringing back classic shows and parades, including “Disney Stars of Parade” and “Disney Illuminations” for the celebration.

jrhwdw

They were pretty direct:

“A new, limited time show will debut at the Castle Hub, and Disneyland Paris is bringing back classic shows and parades, including “Disney Stars of Parade” and “Disney Illuminations” for the celebration.
That's how it sounded to me too unless Josh messed up?

He's good and finally delivered DLR Nighttime Entertainment, F! at DHS and MK Daytime but he made it sound like TDL's New Show, HKDL's new Daytime Castle Show and TDS' Big Band Beat were all there before COVID, they weren't! Big Band Beat was before COVID but now is in a different version because of COVD. Also, the New Shows at TDL/HKDL waited till after COVID when Park Health Experts gave the green light.

SweetDuffy101

Last time I heard from the official dlrp page is that Stars on Parade will only last 5 years, and they're going to debut a new parade just in time for the anniversary m, Or maybe everything changed when pandemic hit, The announcement kinda confused me at first or maybe they just need to announce some things.

The announcements at destination D felt really rushed and confusing at their offerings, I mesn they were going left and right with announcements

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While discussing with cast members yesterday, it seems that management teams are discussing the return of some covid restrictions to both parks and hotels in the coming days/weeks... TBC
Like putting all the 1 meter stickers back down? Can’t see theres much more they can do save for cancelling show stops / lowering the cap.

Or cancelling the fireworks return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom