Magical Disney moments needed to help brighten my day

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Anyone have any good moments that you have experienced at WDW that would help brighten my day today?

(Going through a lot and Disney always helps)

sgtbtlbailey

Not something Disney did per se, but contributed to.........our daughter was born prematurely (now a healthy 12 year old!) and like a lot of preemies, ended up needing glasses (by 18 months old). The doctors told me and my husband that she probably wouldn't be able to see 3D as she doesn't have binocular vision and hadn't been able to see it using tools in the doctor's office. We took her into Mickey's Philharmagic one night figuring even if she couldn't see the 3D effect, the movie itself is pretty cool. Well, to our surprise, when Tinkerbell "came flying out of the screen and into the theater", our little girl (probably 7 or 8 at the time) reached right out and tried to catch her. She still can't see 3D on a small scale, but I get teary eyed every time I think of that moment. It was literally pixie dust on that trip for us.

DisneyPrincess5

Not something Disney did per se, but contributed to.........our daughter was born prematurely (now a healthy 12 year old!) and like a lot of preemies, ended up needing glasses (by 18 months old). The doctors told me and my husband that she probably wouldn't be able to see 3D as she doesn't have binocular vision and hadn't been able to see it using tools in the doctor's office. We took her into Mickey's Philharmagic one night figuring even if she couldn't see the 3D effect, the movie itself is pretty cool. Well, to our surprise, when Tinkerbell "came flying out of the screen and into the theater", our little girl (probably 7 or 8 at the time) reached right out and tried to catch her. She still can't see 3D on a small scale, but I get teary eyed every time I think of that moment. It was literally pixie dust on that trip for us.
:cry::cry::cry: So awesome!

Kristamouse

Our then 3year old was obsessed with Rapunzle and back then the meet and great was on the side of the castle near the teacups. Our daughter was dressed in a head to toe custom Rapunzle Outfit from etsy. We walked in and did the normal hug and hello. Just a fraction of an second later my darling little girl lifted up her dress to show 'Punzie her undies! Yep, she proudly said, "your on my panties!" God bless the character attendent and the Friend of Rapunzle they giggles and kept their cool and never broke character.
Thank goodness that meet and greet set up was a bit secluded so all of MK didn't see.
She is 8 now and we still crack up! We have had 16 trips and have 6 children and this is my favorite memory.

tigger1968

While I won't go into just how we got selected ( I don't want to ruin the magic. ) I can say that many years ago my wife and I were selected as Grand Marshals for the afternoon parade. It was without a doubt the coolest, and surreal thing, I have ever experienced at WDW. The CMs were amazing, and we rode in a restored Model A car that, according to the CMs, was originally driven my Walt during parades at Disneyland. Basically we followed behind a small marching band with a family of four in a stage coach behind us. ( I was unaware that they picked a couple and family most days.) and we were the "weenie" to draw crowds to the parade route. It was a bit weird to hear your name blasting over the loudspeakers as we wound through the parks. We actually stopped in from of the Castle for pictures. We also got personalized Mouse Ears and certificates for being honorary Grand Marshals. All in all it was such and amazing and uplifting experience. I will never forget that day. It really was something magical! :D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. :(

We had our first full family visit since my daughter's wedding for Thanksgiving last year. By full family, I mean the newlyweds and both sets of parents. Yes, the bride and groom visited with all their in-laws and we survived. My son in law's parents haven't really visited WDW, other than for the wedding, in years. His mom got soooo excited, she went and bought Minnie onesie pj's for the trip. She teared up selecting her first pair of Disney ears and I saw several times when her eyes were moist...especially when the kids took photos with a photo pass photographer. And I'm sure those photos have been printed out and are now in her scrap book. Seeing his mom's reactions to the trip made us all smile. He told me she will remember this trip for years. I was so thrilled that we were able to make special memories for her. We visit 5-7 times a year, so Disney, while special, isn't new for us anymore. Going with his mom and seeing her reaction, reminded me how magical Disney can be!

lunatiksblazer

The rest of the story I didn't share earlier till I made sure my beautiful wife was ok with it going online is that the trip was celebration after cancer treatment. Thanksgiving 2013 she's was diagnosed and all through her surgeries, chemo, and radiation she had a small stuffed Minnie with her. It was her goal to be at Disney in May of 2014. We made the trip in May, Proposed our first day, and went for our Disneymoon this year. Disney Magic helped motivate her during treatment and I am grateful.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The rest of the story I didn't share earlier till I made sure my beautiful wife was ok with it going online is that the trip was celebration after cancer treatment. Thanksgiving 2013 she's was diagnosed and all through her surgeries, chemo, and radiation she had a small stuffed Minnie with her. It was her goal to be at Disney in May of 2014. We made the trip in May, Proposed our first day, and went for our Disneymoon this year. Disney Magic helped motivate her during treatment and I am grateful.

This made me cry. My best to both of you and I'm praying for her.

Dizmunk

Last year my daughter left her sunglasses in Monsters inc laugh floor. We asked cm if we or they could check for us after next show. Couldnt find them. Then the cm writes my daughter a coupon for free sunglasses from any gift shop in the park and gave us all paper fastpasses to use on anything but mine train!

Matt_Black

Day after Christmas, 2012- Mom & Sis are in line at BoG, so I'm sent to Tomorrowland to get fast passes for Space Mountain. While there, I see a moving trashcan interacting with some kids. Oh, this must be that Push the Talking Trashcan I've heard about. I begin to fish out my camera to get a video. As I do so, Push starts moving... Towards ME.

"Sir!"
Uh-oh.
"Sir, did Santa get you a jar of turtle wax for Christmas? Because I wish my dome was as shiny as yours!"

RMichael21

I went with a group of people to MK for a day this past summer (about 16 of us) and the line for HM was extending way past the entrance gates. But we got in line anyway and stood there for about 5-10 minutes until we got up to the gate with the attraction sign on it. One of the girls in my group stuck up conversation with one of the Cast Members standing out front. Honestly, I have no idea what they were talking about, but for some reason, he pulled the entire group (all 16 of us) and gave us a really cool tour of HM. First, talking about the exterior right next to the stagecoach right out front and then through the exit hall and into the CM only door and down a CM hallway (it was themed though). He then gathered us in the room that is in between the stretching room and the outdoor queue and told us some other cool info. He tried to get us our own private stretching room, but because it was a Friday in the middle of July and it was packed that day he couldn't. Then, he met us on the other side of the stretching room and got us on the ride.

Then, later on my trip (without the group of 16, just with my dad) we went to HM and he was there. So I stopped and said hello and thank you and he gave us nine free fast passes to use on a group of select attractions (I believe it was Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Mickey's Phillharmagic).

In all, we got in and out of the attraction in 25 minutes with a tour instead of waiting in the heat for the entire 50 minute wait.

He was by far the nicest and friendliest CM I've ever encountered at WDW.

BigRedDad

This one was from our Summer 2015 trip at SSR.

We were in the resort shop trading pins with CMs. A young girl (I would guess 12-14) was watching my DD trade pins. She was so intrigued and started asking my DD about. The 3 of us talked for a bit. She told us that this was her first time at WDW and that she was celebrating being adopted. Not something that happens at that age. The CM heard us talking and caught on to what she said. The girl was buying 2 pins to start trading (they were about $10 each). SSR has a little game they play where they spin a wheel to trade for mystery pins. You put up 1 pin and get whatever is in the box for what you spun. We gave the girl a pin so she could play. The CM somehow slipped the 2 pins she wanted to buy into the box that she won on the wheel. It almost made a grown man cry to see how excited this girl was just to be out of the situation she was in and experiencing something so incredible that she would have not otherwise been able to.

Scott10

My now 16 year old daughter was obsessed with Mulan as little girl. As we readied for our trip to Disney, all she could talk about was going to China to visit her. Well, on Epcot day, we arrive early to be sure to snag the first spot in line for her meet and greet, but in true 3 year old fashion, a couple of minutes prior to Mulan arriving, she has to go potty! As she walks briskly with my wife and me, Mulan pops out of a side door down a short sidewalk to head to her spot. Upon seeing her, my little girl rips her hand out of mine, forgets completely about potty time, and takes off as fast as her little 3 year old legs will take her, all the while calling to Mulan. Mulan instinctively bends down, scoops her up into a full on hug and proceeds to hold her and talk with her for a short time, all the while, my wife is snapping photos. It was my initial impression that Mulan probably doesn't get many little girls who call her their favorite Disney Princess, but she made the entire trip worth it for my little one! As we were walking away my wife and I agreed that the moment could have been spontaneously recorded and produced as a Disney commercial!

OliveMcFly

My family is currently going through a lot with my 12 year old niece. We are a very Disney family and I pulled out old WDW photos the other night. I came across one photo that always makes me smile. She was just a baby, maybe 3 months old. We were in Toon Town meeting the characters and Minnie sat down on the floor and held her. She cradled her and then put her on her shoulder. It was a nice moment and it made us all smile again.
Hang in there. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

MrDee

I think stories like these, and the fact that they actually help people feel better, are an amazing piece of the legacy Walt left behind. I doubt he ever fully realized the impact his company's creations would have. To the people that think we are all a little "weird" for being so into Disney, and just don't "get it", I would point to this forum topic as just ONE example of Walt's magic, and why we include it in our lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom