The cast-
Me, Disneyshe 11th trip
Hubby, Disney B 11th trip
DS, Jack 10th trip
DL, Tink 2nd trip
Grandson, Tow Mater 2nd trip
Grandson, Lil Eli (1st trip)

Where- Old Key West, 1 Br Vila

This was our first stay at a Deluxe and I will go ahead and say there is no way, even for a couple of days I think that I could stay even at a moderate again. I loved the space, I loved the atmosphere. Even if we were not DVC, we treated like we were. I cried, when they told us Welcome Home, more than once actually.

We had driven down on 8/30 and stayed at Jekyll Island. We got up at 4:00 am in hopes to get there pretty early and take the kids to Magic Kingdom. Traffic, which is now my worst enemy, did not allow for that. It was miserable and flat out scary! By the time we made it to the resort I was a nervous wreck and could have had 2 breakfast Bloody Mary's or a sedative. This is probably why my husband likes to drive at night. In my defense, now that my son drives, I worry like crazy about him too.

I missed the sunrise going through the gate, I love that, but the good news was we got the text our room was ready!

Volcano Bay right on the side of the road on I-4 was crazy! At least I am assuming that is what this was. Never been to Universal and don't keep up much with news on it.
IMG_1947.JPG

Arrival
IMG_1952.JPG

Welcome Home
IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

Loving the Old Key West room!
IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

(Not sure of the photo posts, so continuing)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
IMG_1963.JPG

This bed was just as comfy as it looked!
IMG_1967.JPG

I need this lamp!

I had planned a 2:50 lunch at Hollywood Studios to do Fantasmic, before I knew that DS & family could go. We were going to do MK once we knew they could go, but with how long it takes to get in and out, there, there was just no way. We had not eaten since the day before sandwiches, that evening at Jekyll, and I did not eat. I was about to completely pass out so we grabbed a bite at the counter service at Old Key West before we headed to a really crowded DHS. We switched our MK fatpasses at Old Key West, to there and got RnRC, DS & DiL, did this while we took the boys. Tow Mater did not want to see VotLM, he wanted to do Toy Story Mania, which was really long so I took the baby in to see it. He sat as still as could be, taking it all in, in my lap. It was a thing with my son. To have done that just he and I was probably one of the best moments I had. :) When we came out, guess who we saw?? Sofia! Or as he says Ofia.
IMG_2654.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

He loved her! Doc Mcstuffins, was so sweet! He loves her second to Mickey. She got a high five. ;)

IMG_2657.JPG

Tow Mater caught up with mom and dad and went to ride Star Tours in the mean time, so DH was left all alone. What did he do? Have a beer and hold a few balloons. ;)
IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

We had walked in from the very back parking lots, and to be fair, I needed a drink too, so we stopped at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. I was so happy to see Orlando from Brooklyn again and get a Derby Cosmo. He is amazing. So friendly, always a joy to say hello to him. Cast members at their finest! We then made the trek to Mama Melrose, where guess what? They were closed.. :-/ Dealt with a new CM, and he was awesome. I didn't care I walked so far, just did want to lose my Fantasmic seats. We ended up going back to Brown Derby, and it only cost us 1 dining credit, same as Mama Melrose, kept our tickets and the appetizers. Kudos to Disney and I wish I would have jotted the CM's name down, but they handled it so well.
Pics of food coming up!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
IMG_1974.JPG

Crab cake appetizer

Salad, DiL got
IMG_1976.JPG

I went with Cobb, of course!
IMG_1978.JPG

And a grapefruit cake martini. (Forgot to take a picture when it was full)
IMG_1979.JPG

Kids appetizer
IMG_1977.JPG

DH got Pan Seared Grouper with Lobster Tail
IMG_1983.JPG

DS got the Duck, Two ways.
IMG_1982.JPG

DiL and I both got the Filet
IMG_1981.JPG

And dessert,
IMG_1984.JPG

My only complaint would be menu for kids of Fantasmic Dining. It is slim. We had eaten here 3-4 times before and given it up since it was 2 credits. It is good, but not 2 credits good. Since we only used one credit, no real complaints at all.

I am also going to admit to being slightly dishonest. When they switched our ressies, they gave us the Fantasmic tickets. Our server also gave us 6 more. I was so close to giving them back, but the thought of giving them away, made me clam up. It wasn't right, probably, but giving them away was awesome. I still kinda feel bad, but not when I remember the people that I gave them too.
For once in my life, I took no photos of Fantasmic. I watched it and recorded it all in my heart and mind. It was the best show ever. I love this show, I hope it stays. I would be devastated if it didn't. Great seats and my only pic.
IMG_1991.JPG

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Forgot to mention that DiL and baby went back to the room after we ate. So, we split up for a bit so that DH & I could ride in a really fast car. Jack and Tow-mater rode Toy Story Mania. We also convinced Tow Mater to ride The Tower of "Fun" We figured that made it sound better. Ya, it didn't. When it dropped, he freaked! I figured he would love it but I guess all kids are different. He did like Fantasmic though.
IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

We headed back to the resort after that where I really missed the walking around we do at Coronado. I liked the layout of it better as far as the outside but not enough to make me wanna choose it over Old Key West.

Warning----
This was the day from you know where, and the first time I can say by 9:00pm, I had no pixie dust left in my veins.
Day 2-

Original plans were for an early AK day seeing the River Journey and then resting for the party. I felt like the kids had been cheated of MK tho so I changed everything to go for a few hours, come back and rest. That was probably for this day, the worst decision I could have made. :-/ Took forever to get in, as MK always does and by the time split up and caught back up to do Buzz, after we took boys on It's a Small World. We were starving so we ate at Columbia Harbor House. We then went to HM, where after the Tower of Fun incident, Tow Mater was scared to death. He loved it last trip, big mistake talking him into ToT.
IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

By then it was 2:00 and forgetting that the 3:00 parade had been moved to 2... ya, you guessed it we were stuck in it. We almost made it before they closed Main Street so we stood with a whole group of bewildered, ill people. (Us included in the ill group) It was so blessed hot and I can handle heat. I like it but not when everything is falling apart and not going right. I think we finally made it back to the resort a bit before 4, but honestly can't remember.

Pixie Dustless first moment when getting ready-
All of Captain Jack's accessories were not in the box. All that work and it must have fallen out either at the beach or the resort. :(

We had made BoG ressies so that the kids would not be so hot and could chill until it cooled off then planned on using the rest of the night to ride rides, do the parade etc. We didn't make it to the reservations so we did a couple of pictures and headed to PotC. Came out to a massive storm, meaning the sky opened up!! I wanted to stick it out and see the parade but it was delayed anyway.

I don't know why I thought it would not rain. I guess we had been so lucky in the past, that I took it for granted. I don't really know but I definitely had a Clark Griswold meltdown. Being the planner for a whole family within a family is hard, when things don't go right. Especially when you are needing to different things because not everyone likes the same things. I do, have to give Disney major thanks for refunding our money. We did not join the huge line that night at guest relations but instead the next morning, went to the desk at Old Key West and nicely told them we did not get to do anything and they gave us full credit to the room. That made a horrible day a little better.

A few pictures before the rain out.
IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

The next days went much better and my pixie dust returned.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Day 3 September 2-

Finally! We headed to Epcot. I was more than ready to see the Food & Wine Festival again and get a extra large Grand Marnier!
We had fastpasses for Frozen Ever After for the kids so but they actually decided to do Disney Springs and the ride was down by the time we got there anyway. We would later swap the fastpasses for Soarin' . It did not hurt my feelings that I missed it. I am still bitter about losing Maelstrom.

On a really weird note, all of the fastpasses for everyone but DH, had gotten lost before the trip so we had to call and have them fix them. I am assuming that the rides that fp was already gone, that they made a generic fastpass good for any ride. It was weird because his showed a time and ours did not on some.

I tried to carefully take pics of all the food and drinks that we got because I knew I would forget.

We used to always go to Le Cellier but stopped after 2015 trip. The service was not that great and the food just did not seem worth 2 credits anymore.

I did make sure to get the Soup and DH got the Filet. We shared.
IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

Then we made it France where I went with the Passion Fruit Martini Slush. Very good, not Grand Marnier good, but good.
IMG_2085.JPG

We also shared a Boeuf Bourguignon, which was delicious!
DH got the 1664 Lager
IMG_2086.JPG

And then because we never cared even in the heat to walk like crazy, we turned around to get a sampler card for my drinks and to give to DS for later. We stopped in Thailand and both got the Shrimp and Crab Cake.

I liked the first bite which was shrimp. The second bite was a very mayonnaise tasting crab mixture. I cannot do mayo, it makes me so sick unless it is cooked really well. Wet goo and I am done. I had to spit it out. DH loved it though but he also loves Mayo.
IMG_2094.JPG

My next drink wasn't from a booth it was a Cantaloopy, I think they called. Such fresh cantaloupe flavor. I am southern to the core so that was a big hit. Nothing better than a Cantaloupe grown in good ole' red clay, except maybe a Greasy Cut Short, or a heirloom homegrown tomato! A lot of Vodka too! I felt it a little. I should have stirred it better lol.
IMG_2558.JPG

We stopped in Spain where I got the Charcuterie in a cone I am obsessed with olives of all kinds. DH got the Shrimp and Mussel Paella. Both were great!
IMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

I also somewhere I guess Germany got the Pomegranate Schofferhofer. It was good but the grapefruit is still my favorite, DH finished it. We walked all the way back around and I got the Mimosa in Morocco. It was amazing. Dh got beer but want to say probably Bud Light.. lol and a Moosehead
IMG_2556.JPG

Oops, at my limit, will post Mimosa pic in next post!

Up next Future World rides, random pics and Cape May Cafe!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Continuing with Mimosa and random pics.
IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

Took in Living with Land, after Spaceship Earth, Nemo and Living with the Land
IMG_2120.JPG

Said hello to my favorite dragon.
IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

Then Soarin'! So much better! We loved it!
After that we took a few minutes and headed to the Beach Club. That and much more coming up!

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Enjoying the report
Following along

The extra FP from the Derby was not a bad thing at all because you spread the pixie dust and gave them away.
I call that one total black and white.
If you kept them for yourself it would have been one of those many shades of grey.

Max
We were given Year of a Million Dreams fastpasses by a couple at AK and ever since then if I have something we can't use I love to give it away. I still felt kinda bad but I would not have kept them for us. I actually ended up giving away 2 of ours too when the DiL and baby went back to the room.
Thanks for following and is your Disneyland trip coming up soon? I have gotten behind on my trip report reading while we were away.

amjt660

Premium Member
We were given Year of a Million Dreams fastpasses by a couple at AK and ever since then if I have something we can't use I love to give it away. I still felt kinda bad but I would not have kept them for us. I actually ended up giving away 2 of ours too when the DiL and baby went back to the room.
Thanks for following and is your Disneyland trip coming up soon? I have gotten behind on my trip report reading while we were away.
I am going to start it this weekend.
We came back on Sunday Sept 3 (10 days ago)
I prefer to wait on writing the report until reality completely sets in and I am fully engage in normal life.
It makes writing the report/ bringing back all the memories of the trip better for me.
(not sure if that makes sense)

Max

acollins876

That's what I'll miss about the old FP system...sharing extra FPs and having folks share with us. Lots of good juju going around with paper FPs.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I am going to start it this weekend.
We came back on Sunday Sept 3 (10 days ago)
I prefer to wait on writing the report until reality completely sets in and I am fully engage in normal life.
It makes writing the report/ bringing back all the memories of the trip better for me.
(not sure if that makes sense)

Max

That makes perfect sense! Can't wait to read it.

That's what I'll miss about the old FP system...sharing extra FPs and having folks share with us. Lots of good juju going around with paper FPs.
Oh, I know. I miss them. Such a better system for us.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Our first night eating at Cape May Cafe. DS and DH love it so we did it twice, as well as 'Ohana! We actually did not eat anywhere new, because we switched up a couple of ressies.

Pictures from the beach- which was completely empty. The netting takes so much away from it, but I still love it. My favorite resort area.
IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

And then it was time to eat!
IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

I could honestly just eat Olives here. They are so fresh and garlicky!
IMG_2146.JPG

I miss the amazing creamsicle cheesecake they had last year! I think it rained, but not the gullywasher like MNSSHP. I did not have any night time pics after this meal so assuming it did.
Up next DHS, 'Ohana and AK!

Attachments

• IMG_2143.JPG
    IMG_2143.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 42

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Day 4-
We had fastpasses for Toy Story Mania so we headed back early morning, right about opening.

Little Fella rode with me. I have to stop and brag on this kid. 18 months old and handled the heat, the crowds way better than the rest of us did. He literally never cried, except maybe a little at late dinners. Loved the rides, loved the characters, loved just people watching. Excellent, sweet baby!
IMG_2568.JPG

He loved Goofy!!
IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

Then we grabbed a quick lunch at the Commissary. Those photos of food must be on my camera. It was meh, like always, but we were hungry! The kids waiting in the food.
IMG_2160.JPG

We split up and DH and I took the baby to see Hot Dog!! He loved it! We both commented when standing up tho, that it seemed a heck of a lot harder than it did 17 years ago when it was Bear in the Big Blue House! Definitely are not in our twenties anymore! :p :(
IMG_2163.JPG

We took both boys to Muppets 3-D, which they both loved while Ds and DiL did a few things by themselves. Then we had to head out for an early dinner at 'Ohana!

Poor little fella fell asleep right when we got in the car.
IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

Disney Trooper!!

Up next Food!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We stopped at the resort for the girls to change out of icky clothes in a mad dash and the boys, sat with with the sleeping boys in the AC in the car. Then off to my favorite resort, the Poly. (Never stayed there, one day, but we go eat and explore every trip.) We pulled up to the gate to check in with our ADRs when the most amazing thing happened... The security guard told us Welcome Home!!! I cried when I heard that at Old Key West, but I had no idea, they would say it at the Poly. I was on cloud 9, even though we do not, yet, have a DVC. Lol
IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

I always get a Backscratcher but this time had to have a Lapu Lapu. So pretty, and good too!
Budlight for DH
IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

That shrimp tho?!? DS got a Backscratcher.
I forgot to take a pic of the pineapple bread pudding day 1. Best dessert on property in my opinion, not too sweet.
Service here, outstanding, as always. Our server was Carlos. I forgot our other server's name but he was great too.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I love when you get the "Welcome Home" from the CM's. I feel like they mean it and considering how much we have spent at Disney, it is home.:rolleyes:
I always say I am going home when we go.

Your TR is so much fun!!
Thank you! The trip had a few bumps in the road at the beginning and end but we had a great time in the middle lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom