Magic Kingdom's Overhaul or Expansion

What do you think of the idea?

• Total voters

Braden20

Original Poster
There are many Rumors of Magic Kingdom's Expansion or an Overhaul.

My opinion is that I would like to see Magic Kingdom's Expansion for a Major Overhaul, like starting in Adventureland I would like to see either Swiss Family Treehouse gets a retheme into Tarzan's Treehouse or The Lion King E-Ticket Attraction based from the 1994 Animated Film. or next to POTC & JC, I would like to see the Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, and Moana E-Ticket Attraction, while in Frontierland I would like to see Nature's Wonderland from Disneyland since used to ran from 1960-1977 but a new version, also Woody's Round-up Whip-Ride from Shanghai Disneyland or the Pocahontas ride in the expanded area. In Liberty Square Haunted Mansion shall stay the same but uses the John Debney's 1992 Music Orchestrations from Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris, all the rest of the sounds and voices shall stay original. In Fantasyland, I would like to see the new attractions from Fantasy Springs like rides from Tangled & Peter Pan, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast from Tokyo Disney Resort, even Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs from Hong Kong as a Frozen Mini-Land, and the Major Overhaul of Peter Pan's Flight 2.0 based from Shanghai Disneyland's Version, It's a Small World shall stay the same but uses the John Debney's 1992 Orchestration Music from Disneyland Paris with 40 Disney Characters included too. and last but not least Tomorrowland, we know that TRON is coming to that park, the only retheme attraction in Magic Kingdom is Buzz Lightyear gets a retheme into the Shanghai Disneyland's Buzz Lightyear's Planet Rescue in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and Main Street Electrical Parade should get a Dreamlights version from Tokyo Disneyland Version in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Let me know in the comments, and let me know me what do you think of the idea.

nickys

Premium Member
This is armchair Imagineering gone mad!

What Lion King E ticket ride?
Why put another Toy Story ride into MK when DHS has a land for it?
Leave the Tree House alone, making it into Tarzan didn’t do it any good in DL.
Where are you thinking all this new stuff will go in Fantasyland?
Why retheme Buzz when it doesn’t really fit in MK anymore, better to use that for something else. Rather than using lasers they could use the same hand movement technology that Legoland has had for several years now with their Ninja attraction.
One Frozen ride on it’s own in MK is pointless, why take a ride from a dedicated land and plunk it down in the middle of NFL?
Not to mention there are some restrictions as to cloning rides from elsewhere, which is why Ratatouille has taken so long.
As for replacing PotC with Shanghai - that has been discussed to death and the technology was planned for an entirely different ride in one of the three other parks than MK.

I will agree with you on Peter Pan.

Where is the money coming from for all this? Are you aware of the current situation?

Seriously though, do you know there is an Imagineering sub-forum? This would fit really well in there.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is armchair Imagineering gone mad!

What Lion King E ticket ride?
Why put another Toy Story ride into MK when DHS has a land for it?
Leave the Tree House alone, making it into Tarzan didn’t do it any good in DL.
Where are you thinking all this new stuff will go in Fantasyland?
Why retheme Buzz when it doesn’t really fit in MK anymore, better to use that for something else. Rather than using lasers they could use the same hand movement technology that Legoland has had for several years now with their Ninja attraction.
One Frozen ride on it’s own in MK is pointless, why take a ride from a dedicated land and plunk it down in the middle of NFL?
Not to mention there are some restrictions as to cloning rides from elsewhere, which is why Ratatouille has taken so long.
As for replacing PotC with Shanghai - that has been discussed to death and the technology was planned for an entirely different ride in one of the three other parks than MK.

I will agree with you on Peter Pan.

Where is the money coming from for all this? Are you aware of the current situation?
What is happening with the currants ?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I ran OP's post thru Google Translate, and this is what it came back with:

"My opinion is that I would like to see Magic Kingdom's Expansion for a Major Overhaul, like starting in Adventureland I would like to see either Swiss Family Treehouse gets a retheme into Tarzan's Treehouse or The Lion King E-Ticket Attraction based from the 1994 Animated Film. or next to POTC & JC, I would like to see the Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, and Moana E-Ticket Attraction, while in Frontierland I would like to see Nature's Wonderland from Disneyland since used to ran from 1960-1977 but a new version, also Woody's Round-up Whip-Ride from Shanghai Disneyland or the Pocahontas ride in the expanded area. In Liberty Square Haunted Mansion shall stay the same but uses the John Debney's 1992 Music Orchestrations from Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris, all the rest of the sounds and voices shall stay original. In Fantasyland, I would like to see the new attractions from Fantasy Springs like rides from Tangled & Peter Pan, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast from Tokyo Disney Resort, even Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs from Hong Kong as a Frozen Mini-Land, and the Major Overhaul of Peter Pan's Flight 2.0 based from Shanghai Disneyland's Version, It's a Small World shall stay the same but uses the John Debney's 1992 Orchestration Music from Disneyland Paris with 40 Disney Characters included too. and last but not least Tomorrowland, we know that TRON is coming to that park, the only retheme attraction in Magic Kingdom is Buzz Lightyear gets a retheme into the Shanghai Disneyland's Buzz Lightyear's Planet Rescue in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and Main Street Electrical Parade should get a Dreamlights version from Tokyo Disneyland Version in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom."

JIMINYCR

Guess the OP is oblivious to whats going on. Disney is having massive money problems, doesnt have any way of knowing how long the guest drought will go on, has very few options available to recoup the losses, has to finish the items that are already in the works and is cutting left and right. Theres no conceivable way Disney could address the dream list thats been presented. They have all they can just to survive this ongoing money drain. After completing what they have in the construction phase now, they will be breathing a sigh that thats over and pray its enough to draw guests back.

wdwfan4ver

I don't see anything you are mentioning will be possible before the later part of the 2020s decade at the earliest. This will looked at as lost decade for theme park additions for multiple theme parks including those not named Disney.

You need to look at Universal. They are delaying new parks and new lands right now due to covid-19. Disney's loses are not going to be as bad in the final quarter of this year as last quarter since WDW would be running for most of the final quarter. but they are still going to take a hit with a lot of their parks still not open.

Disney right now wants to finish the construction they started before the theme park closings due to covid 19. Right now, Disney is affected by multiple places having quarantine for those who go to Florida. I believe people for foreign countries are still not allowed in the states. Things are only going to start be back to a better normal than now once a vaccine is available for people to get.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Look! It’s “Magic Kingdom’s Greatest Hits from around the world!” 🤦‍♂️

MK is the park that least needs work. It certainly doesn’t need a dozen things brought in from other parks around the globe. Not to mention the amount of money any of this would require is well beyond what TWDC would be willing to spend in good times, let alone during a global pandemic.

In other words... no. Just... no.

GimpYancIent

The MK train has not run since the TRON construction started. One would think Disney could create a FEAUX tunnel or other imaginative protective screen for the tracks and keep a classic fan favorite running.

nickys

Premium Member
@Braden20 , you’re obviously passionate about these rides you’d like to see in a new MK. But realistically Disney are in so much trouble right now that we’ll be lucky to get anything new for the 50th except for things that are already started, like Tron, Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy.

There’s nothing wrong in sharing your ideas, although the Imagineer forum might be a better place for it. Just know that when we say “no chance” we’re simply being realistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom