News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

mm52200

I guess it depends on the item. I worked full service food and beverage and all our desserts were made in the central kitchen and bakery and sent to us for final prep. The only thing not made on property was a couple of the garnishes.
Correct. For food and beverage.
Confectionary is technically merchandise so it does operate differently and a lot of that stuff isn’t made there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

New look, more space and customized confection coming with the Main Street Confectionary refurbishment at Magic Kingdom​

Main-Street-Confectionary_Full_41362.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, if you're not making and packing candy there any more, you don't need counter space for the candy makers and packers.

UNCgolf

this has been in the works for a long time...when I worked there in 2017 I was told there was a plan to knock down the wall in between the confectionary and chapeau and reconfigure it.

With the way Disney operates now, I'm surprised they haven't knocked down all the interior walls on both sides of the street to turn them into one huge, open store. They're already basically like that now, just with some bottlenecks for the doorways between each location.

Last edited:

note2001

Hmm..."interactive features"? Screens instead of humans in late 19th century garb? 🙃

Swallowing up and getting rid of the Chapeau!? Yikes...not psyched about any of this.
I'm thinking the employee count may be upgraded if anything. Going to need more hands on deck to customize treats.

Chapeau is simply being moved. No biggie. It's not as though we're loosing a magic shop.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I'm thinking the employee count may be upgraded if anything. Going to need more hands on deck to customize treats.

Chapeau is simply being moved. No biggie. It's not as though we're loosing a magic shop.
That would be nice. You have point about the customizable treats.......I am hoping you're right.

the Chapeau is moving as a whole or is it becoming a counter tucked away in the back corner of the Emporium?

RIP House of Magic. :(

castlecake2.0

I’m trying to figure out where the chapeau could move to, Main Street is running out of room, and the confectionary really could use the extra space. The fire station used to have retail inside, not sure if they could shuffle things around and use that space again. Then you also have the chamber of commerce building and town square theatre but they’re a little out of the way... hmmm

Kman101

The Chapeu could easily be relocated to that little retail space next to Casey's that they throw the old yearly merchandise in. It's just like a catch all with a counter to check out at (though I'd argue it could go anywhere and Casey's needs a reconfiguration too).

This was needed. I do worry about losing some of the charm but we will see. It did feel a bit 90s thinking about it. And they really do need more room. It gets very uncomfortable in there at times.

I'd also argue they need to rearrange The Emporium while they're at it. It's such a terrible shopping experience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I’m trying to figure out where the chapeau could move to, Main Street is running out of room, and the confectionary really could use the extra space. The fire station used to have retail inside, not sure if they could shuffle things around and use that space again. Then you also have the chamber of commerce building and town square theatre but they’re a little out of the way... hmmm
There's always the Epcot way...
EpcotWay.jpg

ToTBellHop

It’s time to modernize Main Street and build a 14-story shirtwaist factory (but really Disney’s ”best kept secret” SHHHHH!!!).

The Villas at Disney’s Triangle Shirtwaist Factory will be glorious. $279/point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom