News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

dreday3

Seems like it might be closed for some time.

I wonder what they are doing to it. I can't see them changing the "main street" style all that much?

Bocabear

I am braced for more dilution of the turn of the century theme... I would LOVE to be wrong.
How amazing it would be to see them reopen looking more beautiful than ever... More period appropriate...
1615390912389.png

UNCgolf

I am braced for more dilution of the turn of the century theme... I would LOVE to be wrong.
How amazing it would be to see them reopen looking more beautiful than ever... More period appropriate...
View attachment 538478

This is exactly what they need on the actual Boardwalk at Disney.

I too am worried about diluting the turn of the century theme, though. This sounds like a significant overhaul and we all know how much current Disney likes turning everything into sterile, modern spaces.

hiddenmickey75

My guess -- less "fresh," more pre-packaged, which, as we all know, is "more timely, more Disney, more family-friendly"...
I agree, unfortunately. When we were there in January, they had no Peanut butter cups, no heath type squares, or any of those types of fresh made items. The only fresh we saw were the apples. Everything else prepackaged and not very good. Really hope this is not how the trend is going to continue and it was only that way due to the Rona. According to a manager there though, that is what management was pushing for. He said we needed to make a complaint to keep the fresh things around. We did, we'll what happens.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Thankfully I'll be able to get there right before the doors close later this month. I do hope they take a nod from Disneyland Paris and make the space more time appropriate for Main Street. I imagine they will have more pre-packaged items. The days of buffets and non-packaged foods are over after COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom