Magic Kingdom was NOT crowded tonight

Go figure, we arrived at 7pm, walked in with no lines. Went into Tommorowland, Buzz was 35 minutes and Space Mountain 55, everything else was a walk on.

We went over to Philharmagic and waited 5 minutes, on our way Pooh was it's standard 45 minutes. I think Pooh is 45 minutes when the park is closed :lol:

Watched the fireworks from behind the castle, which is an incredible spot. If you have already seen Wishes from the front of the castle, do yourself a favor and watch it in Fantasyland. You are surrounded by fireworks and they shoot them off the roof of Philharmagic & Snow White(or something close by). The finale is like having your own personal Xmas/Halloween party finale as they are all around you.

After that we walked onto Small World, went past Haunted Mansion which was 10 minutes. Went on BTMM with a 15 minute wait, walked onto Splash and didn't even have to get off for the 2nd ride, watched the end of the parade, then walked onto BTMM. As we left, Main Street wasn't even crowded.

Pinch me or something, but this was one of the more enjoyable visits we had in awhile. There were plenty of people at the park, but I guess we timed it right or people left due to the tempurature dropping.

Tomorrow starts the Midnight closing all week at MK, so we expected heavy crowds today, which there wasn't :D

If the mood strikes us tommorow, our daughter, who turns 3 months on April 8th, will visit her 4th park - MGM. She has already been to MK, Ecpot & AK (in that order). After MGM her next NEW park will most likely be Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT, right across the street from ESPN

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
go figure...

yet the Mall at Millenia is tighter than a can of sardines

BwanaBob

Originally posted by KevinPage

Watched the fireworks from behind the castle, which is an incredible spot. If you have already seen Wishes from the front of the castle, do yourself a favor and watch it in Fantasyland.

I said that a while ago, but people thought I was full of crap.

Awesome! Loud! I'm talking fallout-in-your-face action!:lol:

...If you enjoy that kind of show!:D

KevinPage

Original Poster
Re: Re: Magic Kingdom was NOT crowded tonight

Originally posted by BwanaBob
I said that a while ago, but people thought I was full of crap.

Who thinks it? Doesn't everyone KNOW IT? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had no fallout problems even with the 'works nearly overhead

Pixie Duster

Do NOT tell me MK was not busy! Maybe tonight, but during the day we were tight and you cannot tell me otherwise. I worked at MK from 9-6 and from 9-2 we were SLAMMED! Probably a ton of people left after the parade because they were ed at how slammed we were.

PhotoDave219

He meant yesterday, not today. Today and through the rest of the week should be nasty and then some. Thank god im not scheduled there this week, although if you wanna switch one day, lemmie know.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
Do NOT tell me MK was not busy! Maybe tonight, but during the day we were tight and you cannot tell me otherwise.

How about throwing a :D or a :lol: in there so we know you aren't mad, unless you are of course.

PhotoDave219

Relax Kevin, its all good. Although if you thought tonight wasnt busy, I'd hate to see what your definition of busy is :D (DonickCo update as of 9:46 PM, Its friggin packed although Spectro just ended....)

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Relax Kevin, its all good. Although if you thought tonight wasnt busy, I'd hate to see what your definition of busy is :D (DonickCo update as of 9:46 PM, Its friggin packed although Spectro just ended....)

I must have hit it at a great time because it wasn't bad at all even before the 1st showing of Sprectro Magic. People were on Main Street 1 hour prior to it, but it wasn't wall to wall by any means.

Normally even moderate crowds tend to get to me these days, but we must have come at a perfect time last night when the temp dropped and people started to leave.

And Frontierland always seems to clear out well before the remainder of the park :D

cherrynegra

Watched the fireworks from behind the castle, which is an incredible spot. If you have already seen Wishes from the front of the castle, do yourself a favor and watch it in Fantasyland. You are surrounded by fireworks and they shoot them off the roof of Philharmagic & Snow White(or something close by). The finale is like having your own personal Xmas/Halloween party finale as they are all around you.

Yes, I agree. I've mentioned a couple of times how awesome it is to see Wishes from behind the castle. But I'd be careful looking straight up. Almost got blinded by all the fireworks remnants falling from the sky.

PhotoDave219

I must have hit it at a great time because it wasn't bad at all even before the 1st showing of Sprectro Magic. People were on Main Street 1 hour prior to it, but it wasn't wall to wall by any means.

Normally even moderate crowds tend to get to me these days, but we must have come at a perfect time last night when the temp dropped and people started to leave.

Last night was a different story. Everyone has checked in and is going to the MK. Why do you think the hours were drastically different for tonight?

PhotoDave219

Kev, dont argue with those of us who work directly inside the turnstilles. We know what we're talking about, Okay? :wave:

There was a distinct difference in the size of the crowd from Sat to Sun. And im not looking forward to Tomorrow's crowds, which should be even bigger.

civileng68

Account Suspended
busy

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
Do NOT tell me MK was not busy! Maybe tonight, but during the day we were tight and you cannot tell me otherwise. I worked at MK from 9-6 and from 9-2 we were SLAMMED! Probably a ton of people left after the parade because they were ed at how slammed we were.

I agree. I wasnt there this past week but was last week and the place was packed but after the parade the place was empty.

I bet if you went to the parks earlier than 7;00 you wouldnt be saying the same thing.

Pixie Duster

I am not looking forward to tonight, I work 4- 1:30 am :bawling: And it's gonna be nuts and no one is gonna want to talk to me or do a survey, and they're gonna throw things and, no, you can't make me go out there *hides in bed*

j/k, but still it is gonna nuts and working until 1:30 in the morning is not nice. Dave you're working this shift tomorrow right?

CamCodey

Never again during Easter week!

Hi!

I've only visited WDW once during Easter week (March, 1989) and vowed NEVER to do that again. I have a pic taken from Skyway at MK that shows parked strollers outside IASM and PPF almost touching each other! I do remember that the Easter parade at MK was really cool, though. Speaking of cool, I also remember that the temperature dropped that much after the sun went down that I FROZE during Electric Light Parade and left early to sit in the warming up car & wait for the others. (We're in Florida in March...why would I need a sweatshirt!? I also have a pic of my dh (then fiance) standing in a winding roped que (sp?) outside of Living Seas at Epcot! :lol:
Now all of this was before MGM and Animal Kingdom, so I hope that the addition of these parks has spread out the crowds.

For those of you who are CM's THANK YOU!! This is probably the busiest week of the year, second to Christmas week, maybe? You really bring out the magic even when you're "slammed".

Look forward to seeing you in October!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom