Magic Kingdom was a wreck last week

captainkidd

Original Poster
The same 2 facades up on Main Street that were there in January, were still up last week? What could they possibly be doing to these buildings? Are they falling down?

It's a shame to see what the Magic Kingdom is starting to look like. The que area for Buzz is in shambles. Splash Mountain had trash all over it, and was leaking water everywhere. There were dozens of lights out all over Main Street. The exterior of Space Mountain has had no work done to it and looks filthy as always. The clock was broken on the Main Street Railroad Station a couple times. Cobwebs and chipped paint over the entrance turnstiles. The A/C wasn't turned on in half the stores and attractions.

Very sad.

brucie

This is conflicting reports to others recently posted saying things are looking good?? I wonder who to believe??:shrug:

WDW Vacationer

You have said this in another thread you started. Your report contradicts what another report says,from a person who I put more faith/trust into. I have heard nothing but good about the MK in the areas you mentioned.

It should not matter how long scrims are up,work is getting done. And same since March? Come on!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I understand you had a less-than-spectacular vacation per your trip report. But must you b**ch about everything? :shrug:

krankenstein

It should not matter how long scrims are up,work is getting done. And same since March? Come on!

I personally saw that the Hall of Champions tarp/cover thing up when I visited in May and August.

I want to say I saw it in March too, but I will not say for sure b/c i do not have a picture to back myself up.

_Scar

I was there a few weeks ago and the MK looked nothing less than amazing. I spent a ton of time by Splash and noticed no trash or water leaking. I never even got wet :D. By Space, I noticed everything looked orderly but it was a ghost town! Buzz's que doesn't look that bad at all. And if you can't handle stepping into that then use a fp and stop complaining. Main Street was GORGEOUS. Amazing as always. Lights were perfect.

jt04

The same 2 facades up on Main Street that were there in January, were still up last week? What could they possibly be doing to these buildings? Are they falling down?

It's a shame to see what the Magic Kingdom is starting to look like. The que area for Buzz is in shambles. Splash Mountain had trash all over it, and was leaking water everywhere. There were dozens of lights out all over Main Street. The exterior of Space Mountain has had no work done to it and looks filthy as always. The clock was broken on the Main Street Railroad Station a couple times. Cobwebs and chipped paint over the entrance turnstiles. The A/C wasn't turned on in half the stores and attractions.

Very sad.

That is weird Epcot Explorer was there last week and said the place was really shaping up. Of course I'm sure the massive crowds do create a bit of wear and tear but the recent pics I have seen contadict what you are saying. :shrug:

Animaniac93-98

I personally saw that the Hall of Champions tarp/cover thing up when I visited in May and August.

I want to say I saw it in March too, but I will not say for sure b/c i do not have a picture to back myself up.

I was there in March (the first week) and no scrims were covering MS buildings then.

Also, didn't somebody mention before that they are replacing the brickwork on the Hall of Champions building?

WDW Vacationer

Can anyone rebut this??

Who else was there last week????

I Too have heard pretty good things about MK lately.
Epcot Explorer has been there recently. Said other than AL and some rust in TL,it was great. And the things the OP said are the same things Epcot Explorer wants changed about EPCOT,so he would have told us about the "issues".

krankenstein

I was there in March (the first week) and no scrims were covering MS buildings then.

Also, didn't somebody mention before that they are replacing the brickwork on the Hall of Champions building?

I was there Mid March. :shrug: Hopefully, they are replacing the brickwork (I don't know).

BTW, I'm not complaining about them working on MS b/c it is getting the love it deserves and it doesn't come close to bothering me. :D :wave:

Another BTW, I was down the week before Evan (the weekend he was SUPPOSE to go :brick: :lol:). I thought the MK looked nice, I had no major complaints/issues with maintenance except Pirates (can someone please put the hats back on the pirate?). The only thing that REALLY is starting to bug me is the carpet at PhilharMagic, it is really worn out where everyone walks. CoP defiantly needs a good rehab too.

kramden88

I was there last week and I disagree. I always pay careful attention to details and I did not notice any burnt out lights and all buildings were well refrigerated. I went on BLSRS twice and I didn't notice anything more than minor wear and tear. I can't comment on SM because I couldn't get anywhere near it. The only problem I really noticed was that the pavement on Main Street is showing its age. More dirt and gum than I remembered in past years, despite the regular cleaning. I was also surprised that the brick behind an exterior wall lamp that they replaced in Liberty Square was a different color than the rest of it but since the faux facade is still up I assume it will be taken care of eventually. Nbd

Can anyone rebut this??

EPCOT Explorer

Really? I was there a week ago, tomorrow.

MSUSA looked fine. Would you rather have nothing done at all? This stuff takes time.

Spl had GOOD upkeep in that sense...But the AA's were meh. Kinda shocked that didn't come up in your TR.

I noticed very few paint chips...The worse on areas off the beaten path.

Read my TR, if you don't believe me...http://bit.ly/kG3Sy

Can anyone rebut this??

:wave:

That is weird Epcot Explorer was there last week and said the place was really shaping up. Of course I'm sure the massive crowds do create a bit of wear and tear but the recent pics I have seen contadict what you are saying. :shrug:
I thought it was fine, not perfect, but fine.

Sheesh...and you say *I* am bad!:mad::lol:

Epcot Explorer has been there recently. Said other than AL and some rust in TL,it was great. And the things the OP said are the same things Epcot Explorer wants changed about EPCOT,so he would have told us about the "issues".
I didn't see the issues, to be honest...:lol: Is my credibility as a "reporter" being called out?:lookaroun
I was there Mid March. Hopefully, they are replacing the brickwork (I don't know).

BTW, I'm not complaining about them working on MS b/c it is getting the love it deserves and it doesn't come close to bothering me. :wave:

Another BTW, I was down the week before Evan (the weekend he was SUPPOSE to go :brick: :lol:). I thought the MK looked nice, I had no major complaints/issues with maintenance except Pirates (can someone please put the hats back on the pirate?). The only thing that REALLY is starting to bug me is the carpet at PhilharMagic, it is really worn out where everyone walks. CoP defiantly needs a good rehab too.
:lookaroun

Right on about Philhar. Other surroundings looked ok, save for the blotchyness on the expanding screen.

WDW Vacationer

Really? I was there a week ago, tomorrow.

MSUSA looked fine.

Spl had GOOD upkeep in that sense...But the AA's were meh. Kinda shocked that didn't come up in your TR.

I noticed very few paint chips...The worse on areas off the beaten path.

Read my TR, if you don't believe me...

:wave:

I thought it was fine, not perfect, but fine.

Sheesh...and you say *I* am bad!:mad::lol:

I didn't see the issues, to be honest...:lol: Is my credibility as a "reporter" being called out?:lookaroun
:lookaroun

Right on about Philhar. Other surroundings looked ok, save for the blotchyness on the expanding screen.
:lol: No. I was saying I beleive you. Those are the things that would probably make you crazy!:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom