Magic Kingdom Size compared to other disneland parks

crazyaboutwdw

Original Poster
Hi This is my first post here. I was wondering where does the magic kingdom stand in terms of size in comparison to other disneland parks in california, paris, and honk kong.

I have searched around and found out that it is indeed bigger than the california version (107 acres as oppsed to 85 acres) however according to Wiki it is smaller than disneyland park paris which is 140 acres according to wiki which I am doubtful about since I visited both and Magic Kingdom seems to be much bigger. Not sure about HK as I've never been but would be nice to know.

Again I am asking about the size of the parks not the resorts which would put WDW way at the top.

thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You have to remember that acreage isn't necessarily determinant of perceived size. Just because DLP has more land doesn't necessarily mean it's laid out in the same manner and therefore may very well feel smaller than MK.

I've been to DLR and MK and DLR is definitely a smaller park, but seems to have more stuff crammed in to the space they have.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - DLP is much bigger than the MK. Your feet will tell you as well as statistics! Amongst the many things WDI sought to correct from the past when building Disneyland Parc in Paris was the overall size, for example, Fantasyland is so large it has a canal running down the middle of it!

adrianuk91

we realised just how big DLP is last October when we were going from Space mountain to Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom it seemed to take ages to walk between the two or maybe that was just because our feet hurt from walking round the park all day :shrug: but when we first went into the park it was much bigger than i expected in my opinion compared to Mk

crazyaboutwdw

Original Poster
well the reason i always thought MK was bigger is cuz the walk down main street seemed longer in MK than in DLP. and the castle seemed bigger too at MK (maybe im wrong here too) I just got that impression in the begining. The thing is I have never visited both within a reasonable short period to get a better comparison. Does any one know a site where they compare all park and their castles MK/DLP/DL/HK it would be nice to know.

crazyaboutwdw

Original Poster
also i find it iteresting that in many reviews I have read they describle dlp experience as more "intimate" when compared to the MK because of its size. That is why i was surprised to find out that DLP is actually bigger.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The castle in Paris is smaller than WDWs (the highest with Tokyo) but by and large as well as the park a lot of the attractions are bigger too. PotC for example is on 3 floors, BTM sits in the middle of Rivers of the Far West - with 2 tunnels to and from load/unload. Phantom Manor kept the same track as Disneyland (WDW is the same too apart from load/unlod being twisted) but also has elevator stretch rooms - despite the fact the ride is inside the berm.

It`s worth saying the Utilidors at the MK would make it bigger if they were around the park, but even not counting service areas and backstage Disneyland Parc is huge. As a rough guide, in Orlando it is 1530ft from train station to the back of onstage Fantasyland. Paris is 2030ft. Across the park in Orlando is 2030ft, in Paris it is 2400ft.

maryszhi

i have only been to disney world florida and disneyland california but knwo people who have been to all:
wdw is largest obviously with all the parks, but still they, to my knowledge, have the most space and attractions. Second toyko,third paris,fourth california, last hong kong.
by attractions, thats a little complex, and a bit different

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
i have only been to disney world florida and disneyland california but knwo people who have been to all:
wdw is largest obviously with all the parks, but still they, to my knowledge, have the most space and attractions. Second toyko,third paris,fourth california, last hong kong.
by attractions, thats a little complex, and a bit different
Nah; Tokyo is landfill - they are using the original parking lot for the Disneyland Hotel since they have so little space available. DLRP is 4,800 acres in total :wave:

The there is still enough space as per the Paris masterplan for a 3rd park, a water park, and 3 more Lake Disney Resorts (one on the New Orleans plot and 2 on the Newport canal spur) - and that`s just in the core.

Brandis

However, the Central Plaza in Tokyo is absolutely huge, it's almost a land in itself. As they don't have any vehicles on their version of Main Street, there is a double decker trolley bus driving just around Central Plaza.

Brandis

Central Plaza at Tokyo Disneyland is huge though, it's almost a land in itself. As they don't have any vehicles running in World Bazaar, their version of Main Street, there is a double decker trolley bus driving around the Central Plaza.

Actually, World Bazaar is much shorter than the distance from the end of World Bazaar to the castle, across Central Plaza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom