Magic Kingdom Parade Memories - 1996

Djsfantasi

Original Poster
Two memories. My mother-in-law handmade an Alice in Wonderland dress, which my daughter wore. The cast members preparing for the parade picked her out, made a giant masking tape arrow pointing to her and made an Alice sign in front of her.

Both children (she had a 10 year old brother) have memories for life, as each and every character came over and greeted them.

My son was extremely thrilled when the Green Army Men came over and exchanged high fives with him.

It’s events like this that creates the magic for children.

Walt Disney1955

Even more reason to miss something such as Spectromagic. It was truly the most magical part of Disney and it more or less ended your night. I get that there is a cost to it, but man, that was nothing short of electric how they did that every night. I love Universal, but it was an example like that which always pushed Disney as the better overall experience, no where else in the world could you see that.

NiarrNDisney

Even more reason to miss something such as Spectromagic. It was truly the most magical part of Disney and it more or less ended your night. I get that there is a cost to it, but man, that was nothing short of electric how they did that every night. I love Universal, but it was an example like that which always pushed Disney as the better overall experience, no where else in the world could you see that.

Couldn't have said it better! I also have fond memories of Tapestry of Nations in Epcot! It was such a beautiful parade with all the puppets costumes and music! Truly magical and set the night for Illuminations.

act2306

I remember getting a purple token from one of the fireflies from Spectro as a little kiddo - sometime in the early 90's. I also remember being targeted by Ursula at the same parade and being TERRIFIED! But also loved it... Those were fun times in the parks.

SteamboatJoe

I still have the commemorative sticker badges they gave out for the 25th anniversary that year. Repeat customers were given ones with the year they first visited WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom