Magic Kingdom - October 25th Update!

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Hi there! Here are some tidbits from yesterday from the crown jewel of WDW! :sohappy:

Arriving at 10, here were the crowds for the day. It was actually a somewhat slow day...

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Next to the exit for Splash, they installed new railings & support.

picture.php

The railings & support beams before:

picture.php

DisneyMusician2

It is so nice to se some of the little things being done again....

Not to be that guy, but maybe this is just a continuation of the good things that have been happening around the MK recently.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Princess Tiana's Showboat Jubilee - Report

OK, so I just discovered that yesterday was the first day of the Jubilee. It would explain the sudden increase in manager CMs, the costuming dept. and security around Frontierland then. I didn't see the entrance into the boat, but was there for the show & exit.
So pics:

The riverboat coming 'round the mountain, er, corner.

picture.php

Louis & his band:

picture.php

Prince Naveen & Princess Tiana

picture.php

The show title

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Continued...

picture.php

(Sorry if some of these shots are dark. My camera is horrible in dimly-lit places.)

Tiana sings her song:

picture.php

picture.php

Then Louis's:

picture.php

picture.php

monkeysammich

Thanks for the updates.

In that last picture... Prince Naveen just looks... I don't know... Smarmy? Like he's that older guy goin' to the clubs to hit on the young girls.... the picture looks like he's goin' "Heeeeeyyyy...."

:p

EDIT: The last picture on the Boat.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Really now? I want HMH to come here! :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(DisneyParks collaboration... At least it transitions from Halloween to Christmas well. :rolleyes::lol:)

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Thought I would head over to TL and see how the refurb's going. Well, on the mountain itself, not as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:lookaroun

dreamfinder

Are they seriously using popcorn tubs from an event/attraction that they don't have? Using generic "Disney Parks" is pushing it but acceptable, but something that explicitly says an attraction they don't have? Meh. Take the words off, and have it be just NBC, not a problem.

So beyond that, how exactly does the show work? It looks like the perform in the Frontierland area. I just can't see enough space to do it between the HM and the dock, so I'm assuming between the dock and the turkey leg cabin. Do they do their diddy and then have the Liberty Belle back up to the dock? Or do they sing/dance, and then go all the way around, and then have their exit parade? I'm a bit confused here.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
So beyond that, how exactly does the show work? It looks like the perform in the Frontierland area. I just can't see enough space to do it between the HM and the dock, so I'm assuming between the dock and the turkey leg cabin. Do they do their diddy and then have the Liberty Belle back up to the dock? Or do they sing/dance, and then go all the way around, and then have their exit parade? I'm a bit confused here.
From what I saw, they seem to come from the Diamond Horseshoe, dance to the Liberty Belle, then go around the river, return to the dock and dance back to their area of origin.

dreamfinder

From what I saw, they seem to come from the Diamond Horseshoe, dance to the Liberty Belle, then go around the river, return to the dock and dance back to their area of origin.

H'ok. Seems a bit long esp since they just have to smile and wave while going around the backside of TSI, but I have to reserve judgment until I can at least watch a video. Stupid work blocking youtube.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
The TTA spiel is fine by me, but is a little quiet in some areas. :shrug:

OK, Space Mountain pics away!

picture.php

picture.php

A closer look at the X-1 station:

picture.php

I sense a new post-show...

picture.php

picture.php

The timing is so close & yet so far!

picture.php

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom