Magic Kingdom new parking lot

roj2323

Here Photodave:

Recent aerial

http://orlparkpass.com/2015/11/magic-kingdom-river-country-discovery-island-helicopter-photo-update/

Mickey%20amp%20Speedway_zpsqgdyrwxk.jpg

PhotoDave219

Yes they extended the west (Heros) tram lane a bit. It's about 200' longer now if I recall. The drawings and aerial photos posted in the previous thread on this topic show the extension.

I know it's planned, I was just wondering if it was operating yet

Rider

They are still working on the tram lanes as of today. There are cones between the posts to keep guests from walking into the area.

Also, instead of changing the numbering system in the whole lot all the new rows are letters instead of numbers. For example Mulan-G or Rapunzel-T and so on.

My only complaint about the new rows is that they didn't bother to make improvements to the middle exit where it meets the main "road" at the back. In fact I think it is even worse because the turn feels sharper. Edit: Actually if you look at the picture above you can see it IS a much sharper turn.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So more parking spaces to an over crowded park does what exactly? Especially when DVC's and hotels are dear to your heart?

I don't really get the over all plan with this?

Looking at the news here of parking lot closures it appears that it's not unusual for the MK parking lot to reach capacity without the park having a capacity closure.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, September 21, 2019. I have read about this somewhere in the forums, but cannot find the reference. Nevertheless, land clearing has started in the wooded area in the center of the Magic Kingdom parking lot. I believe these 11 (plus or minus) acres will be new parking. Hate to see this natural area go away, to create another vast expanse of asphalt.

IMG_2307.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

TrainsOfDisney

“They paved paradise and put up a parking lot” the original design of the magic kingdom and Epcot parking lots helped to make you feel like you weren’t in a giant paved parking lot. But I guess if they are gonna pave over all of MK might as well do the same to the ttc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom