Magic Kingdom losing evening EMHs?

jt04

So basically taking away a free perk for a lot of guests so they can make more money off a smaller group of guests.

I'm sure guests from every mode enjoy what makes the extra events so popular. From May the Fourth, to MNSSHP to DAH.

Shifting EMH from evenings to exclusively mornings would not necessarily mean fewer hours available for day visitors.

deix15x8

I hope this isn't true, we'll never be able to walk through an empty park again. The morning ones just aren't the same. They always seem crowded and feel disorganized because of all the blocks to divide resort and outside guests. They also are more restricted with only certain rides and areas of the park open. At night they have every area of the park open and most of the rides running, specifically every coaster which is a big deal. With the parks closing with the end of the evening shows evening extra magic hours have been the only way to really have something to do after the shows.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Haven't we learned the lesson from all the times EMH didn't show up on a calendar months from now and everyone started running around with hair on fire because "Disney was getting rid of EMHs!!!11!"?

Same with parades and fireworks not showing up?

Just this week there was one of MDE's pages showing that I:RoE was playing the full first week of October.

UncleMike101

Haven't we learned the lesson from all the times EMH didn't show up on a calendar months from now and everyone started running around with hair on fire because "Disney was getting rid of EMHs!!!11!"?

Just this week there was one of MDE's pages showing that I:RoE was playing the full first week of October.
There's no sense preaching calm and patience.
Panic is more fun...............;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
According to Kenny the Pirate there will be no evening EMH in MK starting in Oct. Has anyone else seen or heard this. There will be morning extra hours but no night time. just saw another post on this. looks like we posted at same time . this post can be removed
You can remove your own posts... click delete and then put in a one word reason (such as "duplicate").

ETA: you may have to build up your post count first... I failed to notice your new member status.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

It’s slightly different when morning EMH are listed two mornings per week, though. Could it be an error? Of course. But it’s somewhat more likely that it’s intentional.

Tanna Eros

Isn't flaming hair an upcharge? I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to the Hades package deal

Bob Harlem

This sounds like this rumor falls under those that's partially true, but has the exact details wrong (like which Park or when the start date of it is).

The trend of cutting hours in favor of the upcharge events probably will continue in one way or the other, and probably reducing staffing as much as they can. (I think photopass is going to be the next big target)

Tom P.

I stopped following his FB page back when Toy Story Land opened. His followers all know he lives locally but he still posted that he paid for a campsite (obviously without actually staying there) so that he could take advantage of the first morning EMH. I hate when people think the rules don’t apply to them.
Just curious... if he paid for a campsite, then what rule did he break? He paid for the night's stay, whether he used it or not, and as such he's entitled to EMH access. Not sure where the problem is.

DisneyDreamer08

Just curious... if he paid for a campsite, then what rule did he break? He paid for the night's stay, whether he used it or not, and as such he's entitled to EMH access. Not sure where the problem is.

I see your point. I just view it as, EMH are for Disney resort guests. He was not a guest. And he was taking the campsite away from someone who potentially really wanted it. To me, it’s the same as parking at Disney Springs for free and using Disney transportation to go to a theme park. Gaming the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom