News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

DisneyDebRob

There are three things going on:

1. At one extreme, people vehemently calling for everything in Florida to shut down because of "the numbers." You should see the Twitter feed for MLS and NBA filled with people Tweeting to cancel and how unsafe it is there. (IMO, the bubble the leagues set up is safer than my trips to the grocery store.) But there is the CANCEL NOW cult out there.

2. And at the other extreme, people vehement against any economic slow down or shut down. We've been seeing them all along on these forums and the news. Some seem motivated simply by not wanting to wear a face mask ever. These are the OPEN NOW cult.

3. Then there is the middle. Trying to be open but with as much layered safety as reasonably possible. In the middle, too, is Carlye who wants WDW to be open, but is calling out a break in the safety protocol. It's the same kind of break we saw a day or two earlier with a crowd outside of 7DMT. That crowding problem was fixed. And I'm sure today's problem will be fixed. But, I think it's right to call out WDW for not having enough staff or training of staff to watch out for unexpected SNAFUs and to immediately try to fix it.
Usually don’t disagree with you Mr. Monger🙂and this isn’t really one of those either but your number one, well that bubble didn’t work to well with the soccer league. Numerous cases have been reported with even some withdrawing. Now the NBA is in the so called bubble with reports already that they will be able to go to the parks when they close. Don’t know if that’s true but a bubble is supposed to be enclosed, so this one down there doesn’t seem to be working yet.
Your right in pointing out the three phases of people though, and there’s no movement at all with any of them. We are dug in and peeking over the hill guarding our sides of wherever we are.

Last edited:

Rider

How is that legal? If you own an AP and there is space, how can they not allow you into the park?
Good question
Seriously? Legal? Disney is a private park and they don't have to let you in if they don't want... For any reason.

Do you complain about Halloween parties not being "legal" for APs? Or if the park reaches capacity on New Years Eve?

This is the new capacity for the parks (for now at least) that Disney feels safe operating.

But let me know if you call 911 to complain about not be allowed into Magic Kingdom with your AP today. I'd like to hear their response.

DisneyDebRob

I flipped through a live stream that’s been going for a few hours. Looked good overall as far as spacing.
I’ve seen both. Plenty of room in some live feeds with others saying over and over, this is why you keep your masks on, impossible to stay away from people.

disneygeek90

Seriously? Legal? Disney is a private park and they don't have to let you in if they don't want... For any reason.

Do you complain about Halloween parties not being "legal" for APs? Or if the park reaches capacity on New Years Eve?

This is the new capacity for the parks (for now at least) that Disney feels safe operating.

But let me know if you call 911 to complain about not be allowed into Magic Kingdom with your AP today. I'd like to hear their response.
Was more responding to this aspect- “If you own an AP and there is space, how can they not allow you into the park?”

Theres availability. There’s space. Just not for my ticket level. Seems fair to me that they could merge all availability for a specific day 24 hours beforehand.

TrainsOfDisney

Let’s turn the attitude down a few notches ok?

The AP has always been “subject to park capacity” not “subject to AP capacity”

I think MK is fully reserved and at capacity today, but if DAK is not fully reserved and not at capacity, an AP should be allowed in, legally, if there is space available.

disneygeek90

I think MK is fully reserved and at capacity today, but if DAK is not fully reserved and not at capacity, an AP should be allowed in, legally, if there is space available.
Technically both are available, though I’d guess MK is much closer to their limit.
8BB72119-ED5F-4A44-8F92-5B24DF698D62.jpeg

9A31750D-969A-4C05-9BD9-1E29BB089C60.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Usually don’t disagree with you Mr. Monger🙂and this isn’t really one of those either but your number one, well that bubble didn’t work to well with the soccer league. Numerous cases have been reported with even some withdrawing. Now the NBA is in the so called bubble with reports already that they will be able to go to the parks when they close. Don’t know if that’s true but a bubble is supposed to be enclosed, so this one down there doesn’t seem to be working yet.
Your right in pointing out the three phases of people though, and there’s no movement at all with any of them. We are dug in and peeking over the hill guarding our sides of wherever we are.

The MLS and NBA threads address that. But the tl;dr is that the two MLS teams that had to withdraw just didn't to enough safety protocols before showing up (and the MLS didn't give themselves the long lead time to deal with this that the NBA did). Other than those two teams, everything seems to be under control (except that with the rush to restart, the MLS teams that have started to play are dealing with a lot of injuries and leg cramps that's the butt of Twitter jokes right now). NBA is doing just fine.

Going to the parks is a booked tour after hours and certainly won't be nightly. The rides will have been disinfected and they'll only have to deal with CMs that are running the rides and masked and distanced, and other players who are constantly being tested.

disney fan 13

The optics of this to anyone who isn’t a total Disney fanatic are horrible. Almost every media outlet is covering this as “Disney World reopens while Coronavirus deaths spike in Florida” All of them are carrying the Equity Union’s complaints that employees aren’t being tested. Don’t know why Disney brought this on themselves besides $$$

ptaylor

Premium Member

I was in Disney Springs when Josh and Jeff were doing some Instragram shots - it is quite a production. They have a group of 5 or 6 assistants who organize the shots, complete with reflectors etc. Interesting to see it happen and then appear on their Instagrams. I think Josh led the way with that and has encouraged Jeff to go the same way.

schuelma

The optics of this to anyone who isn’t a total Disney fanatic are horrible. Almost every media outlet is covering this as “Disney World reopens while Coronavirus deaths spike in Florida” All of them are carrying the Equity Union’s complaints that employees aren’t being tested. Don’t know why Disney brought this on themselves besides $$$

Yea its really horrible timing for Disney- not their fault- I suspect the initial delay (compared to Universal) was for cases/deaths to be at a minimal level - not spiking and making worldwide news.

Not a lot of good options at this point, and I wonder if internally Disney is hoping the state steps in at some point.

Rider

Was more responding to this aspect- “If you own an AP and there is space, how can they not allow you into the park?”

Theres availability. There’s space. Just not for my ticket level. Seems fair to me that they could merge all availability for a specific day 24 hours beforehand.

Wrong.

1594493237752.png

Having an Annual Pass is not an absolute right to admission to the parks.

They could open it up to more APs (in their sole and absolute discretion). They may do so in the future (in their sole and absolute discretion). They do not appear to have done so today (in their sole and absolute discretion).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom