Magic Kingdom Hours Extended Next Weekend

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
For those of you planning on going to the Magic Kingdom next friday and saturday (like me), the hours have been extended to 9 am to 9 pm on friday with SpectroMagic at 7 pm and Fantasy in teh Sky at 8 pm. On Saturday, the park will now be open 9 am to 11 pm, with SpectroMagic at 8 pm and 10 pm, and Fantasy in the Sky at 9 pm. Just thought I'd clue you in (I know some of you Floridians will be there, too, because Carousel and Timekeeper will be open). See you there!
Kyle

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DogsRule!
For those of you planning on going to the Magic Kingdom next friday and saturday (like me), the hours have been extended to 9 am to 9 pm on friday with SpectroMagic at 7 pm and Fantasy in teh Sky at 8 pm. On Saturday, the park will now be open 9 am to 11 pm, with SpectroMagic at 8 pm and 10 pm, and Fantasy in the Sky at 9 pm. Just thought I'd clue you in (I know some of you Floridians will be there, too, because Carousel and Timekeeper will be open). See you there!
Kyle

Does this mean they're expecting the parks to be crowded? Oh no!! I was hoping for a quiet weekend!

General Grizz

I thought CoP/Timekeeper would be open for President's Day Weekend...

Where did you find this information? Do you know if the two will ALSO open for President's?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
they will be EXTREMELY crowded. Next Saturday, in the past, has seen the Magic Kingdom fill to capacity (I know it happened two years ago...but last year I didn't pay attention as Fantasyland was so packed by 10 am that we couldn't move...so we left the park. I'm glad they will have Spectro twice:) We are seeing Fantasmic! that night, to, so perhaps I can sneak over to MK, get on a couple of rides, and see the second Spectro. I'm being an optimist...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
the information is on the official disney website. I think CoP and Timekeeper will only be open next Friday and Saturday. The hours for Sunday and Monday are also 9 am to 9 pm, so anything is possible. Actually, the hours are extended that whole week (yay!).
Kyle

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
oh...sorry. I keep putting "next weekend". I'm getting ahead of myself (a little excited about my upcoming trip!). I'm thinking it's Monday and "next weekend" is the 15, 16, and 17. Sorry for those of you there the 8, 9, and 10:) Although...I think you got the idea that I was talking about President's Day weekend. :) Sorry if there was any misunderstanding hehe
Kyle

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
no one told me, but Steve's sources seem to think it will be, and the hour-extensions show that disney knows it will be crowded. Plus disney's "peak season" starts that weekend. So, I mean...it'd make sense for them to be open.
Kyle

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DogsRule!
I assume you are going the week before President's Week, Mom.(?)
Kyle

Yes. I'll be there the 8th, 9th, and 10th. Hopefully, without TOO many other guests! ;) I'll leave a note for you at AKL! ;)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It shouldn't be too bad then. In tenth grade...we messed up and scheduled the wrong week, and since we already had our plane tickets, ended up going the week before my week off from school. The lines are relatively short (not as short as they are now, but certainly not bad). Something like the Tower of Terror might have a 20 minute wait...not bad at all. You just have the regular off season crowd, the people who plan to be illegally absent from school, and the misfits like me who planned for the wrong week. I learned my lesson and started calling the school
:lol:
Kyle:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom