Magic Kingdom going FP+ only on 1/14/14

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
In my quest to find out what's going on with Passholders and Fastpass+ I was just informed by Walt Disney World Guest Relations that the date was set today that Magic Kingdom will be the next park to go Fastpass+ ONLY on 1/14/14.

That means the same transition that Animal Kingdom went through just before the holiday will be starting at MK next Tuesday.

Last edited:

Disneymom201

I'm going to ask a pretty "stupid" question....so here it goes. What about cast members? We are fortunate enough to have a family member who is a WDW employee that has met us at the gate and provided us entry. So when we have this "free privilege" we are no longer able to access fast passes? Thanks in advance!!!

Tom

Beta Return
cast members can still get fastpasses. and the people they get in can get them too as long as they have the pass used to get in

Not after the legacy machines are gone by the end of the month....unless you're talking about FP+. I didn't think CMs could use FP+ yet.

seafoodbuffet

Wow, that's shockingly fast.

As a method of fighting the 3 FP+ per day rule, perhaps someone will now invent an infant-renting scheme so that people can double-dip the E-tickets.

seafoodbuffet

Or what's left of it by the time they get there.

The last peak season, I really had no difficulty whatsoever getting not only the attractions we wanted (KS, EE, and Dino), we were able to get them at exactly the times we wanted. So the stories of them running out of FP+ for a given time (at least very recently) don't hold.

Animaniac93-98

The last peak season, I really had no difficulty whatsoever getting not only the attractions we wanted (KS, EE, and Dino), we were able to get them at exactly the times we wanted. So the stories of them running out of FP+ for a given time (at least very recently) don't hold.

Were you a resort guest? did you get them anytime before park opening?

seafoodbuffet

Were you a resort guest, did you get them anytime before park opening?

We stayed on-site, but at the Swan. So we didn't have access to MB or advanced FP+ reservations. We had to show up at the park and do same-day FP+ selections. We tended to make our selections within about two hours of parking opening but we didn't rush straight to make selections. Rather, as soon as the park opened, we'd ride EE or KS and after the line for that got kinda long, we'd go make FP+ selections, grab breakfast and do some other stuff until our times came up.

Animaniac93-98

We stayed on-site, but at the Swan. So we didn't have access to MB or advanced FP+ reservations. We had to show up at the park and do same-day FP+ selections. We tended to make our selections within about two hours of parking opening but we didn't rush straight to make selections. Rather, as soon as the park opened, we'd ride EE or KS and after the line for that got kinda long, we'd go make FP+ selections, grab breakfast and do some other stuff until our times came up.

That would be the smart way to do it, but I fear for the future when the public catches on to FP+ and starts to use it more. Mere weeks after full rollout may not give the most accurate representation of the park experience 5 years from now.

John

Not after the legacy machines are gone by the end of the month....unless you're talking about FP+. I didn't think CMs could use FP+ yet.

anyone who enters the park has access to fp+ at DAK and soon to be all the parks.

The confusion is how they are able to have access. Yes, everyone who enters the park has access to FP+ via the kiosk. The difference is that Cm's and their guest do not have access by MB. Again, CM's and their guest do not have MB's therefore can not preplan ( reserve) attractions.

edit: no matter if they are staying on property or not.

Tom

Beta Return
The confusion is how they are able to have access. Yes, everyone who enters the park has access to FP+ via the kiosk. The difference is that Cm's and their guest do not have access by MB. Again, CM's and their guest do not have MB's therefore can not preplan ( reserve) attractions.

So the CM and comp passes are cards with RFID?

seafoodbuffet

That would be the smart way to do it, but I fear for the future when the public catches on to FP+ and starts to use it more. Mere weeks after full rollout may not give the most accurate representation of the park experience 5 years from now.

True, though I'm shocked that after so many years, there's people who've not actually understood how to use the FP dispensers. I still see people who show up to rides with FP tickets that say "This is not a valid FASTPASS" and then are surprised when they are turned away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom