News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

havoc315

My understanding from people here and elsewhere is that they couldn’t even turn it on right now if they wanted to. But they don’t want to. Although I would think the IT work to copy paste a duplicate system would be undertakable.

Of course they could replicate the system. But it’s not as simple as clicking an icon.

They would need to build a new SQL database, since park pass is using the old data base. (or whatever type of database they are using)
They would need to re-program the websites and apps to accommodate both park pass and FP.
They would have to make FP and PP compatible with each other. (That alone would take a lot of debugging).

If rumors are true that they wanted to get rid of FP+ anyway, no reason to invest all that effort just to bring it back temporarily.

peter11435

My understanding from people here and elsewhere is that they couldn’t even turn it on right now if they wanted to. But they don’t want to. Although I would think the IT work to copy paste a duplicate system would be undertakable.
The IT work could be easily overcome. It would need some work but would not hold up a FP+ return if they wanted it back.

jrhwdw

Your opinion is different than mine. MM&M was by far the best nightly fireworks show at MK. Imho of course. Haha.
I loved MM&M as a seasonal show. It was different than Wishes. IDK how I'd feel if MM&M was the face of MK. HEA has everything, even the best part form MM&M: Pirates!

Did I love the 180 during Summer Nighttastic? Of course! Maybe different finale music, more pyro at the end if it got Promoted to Wishes' sucessor.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I loved MM&M as a seasonal show. It was different than Wishes. IDK how I'd feel if MM&M was the face of MK. HEA has everything, even the best part form MM&M: Pirates!

Did I love the 180 during Summer Nighttastic? Of course! Maybe different finale music, more pyro at the end if it got Promoted to Wishes' sucessor.
I do agree that the Pirates section is the best part of both. I think Steve “got it” better in both the MK and DL versions. Can’t remember which DL show had it.. magical maybe? I think magical had the “pink pink / blue blue” section as well.

The only part of HEA I truly love is the end with tinker bell and you can fly. The rest is just a fireworks show to Disney music to me but I’m still glad that MK got a new show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Made a FP+ is dead thread since FP is a tad off topic from fireworks in this thread...

Ripken10

Of course they could replicate the system. But it’s not as simple as clicking an icon.

They would need to build a new SQL database, since park pass is using the old data base. (or whatever type of database they are using)
They would need to re-program the websites and apps to accommodate both park pass and FP.
They would have to make FP and PP compatible with each other. (That alone would take a lot of debugging).

If rumors are true that they wanted to get rid of FP+ anyway, no reason to invest all that effort just to bring it back temporarily.
And all that (coming from a programmer) is very simple to do. Much easier than developing a new system. Most developers do the "copy/paste" method of taking old code that is doing something similiar to what you need and adjusting it to meet new needs. Turnover is very quick. The biggest hurdle is stress testing, which must occur at same speed as a new system. I haven't created an application from scratch in a long long time.

havoc315

And all that (coming from a programmer) is very simple to do. Much easier than developing a new system. Most developers do the "copy/paste" method of taking old code that is doing something similiar to what you need and adjusting it to meet new needs. Turnover is very quick. The biggest hurdle is stress testing, which must occur at same speed as a new system. I haven't created an application from scratch in a long long time.

Disney should hire you then. They’ve been working on Genie for 3 years.

mikejs78

Premium Member
FP+ will not be coming back anytime. And not for the reason some people think.
They must have something in mind to replace it though... I can't imagine that once capacity gets back to normal, guests are going to be too happy waiting in 85 minutes standby lines for everything without any kind of line skip options...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom