Magic Kingdom dilemma

Lefty

Original Poster
Are there just regular places to get dinner at MK? I don't want CRT or Liberty Tree. For two 20 year old college students, it just seems over the top (and hurts the pocket book).

Will it be insane to try to walk-up to a restaurant in MK for dinner time, or is it feasible? I'd rather save 20-30 bucks and go to a cheaper, yet still good place. (I know that was bad English, lol)

Thanks in advance.

Lefty

Original Poster
wdwprincess03 said:
You mean like, counter service?....there's a lot of them. Sit down, they are really all the same price

CRT is 100 for two and Liberty Tree is about 75...Sit downs are really all that expensive??

kal1484

Yup....although Boma at AKL was only 60 for us....It also depends on if you do a buffet or sit-down. The Plaza Resturant on MS isn't too bad, it's a small sit-down. Tony's is a bit less expensive than the others too...but expect to still pay a lot.

The menus Steve has up on the main page has the prices, or allearsnet.com for the few he doesn't have.

BRER STITCH

Hey LEFTY!

Try the PLAZA Restaurant at the end of Main Street.
Most people overlook this place and it serves good food for a much smaller price than the other sit-downs!

Also, a good meal without characters can be found at Tony's Town Square as you enter the MK on the right. Costs more than the Plaza, but the food is good and the lack of characters is a nice break!

WOOHOO!!!
WE LEAVE IN THE MORNING!!!

ENJOY!

:wave:

Laura

Premium Member
I was going to suggest the Plaza. I'd say it's the most affordable of all the sit down meals at MK.

PoTCGuy

Another option might be to head to one of the restaurants mentioned above for a late lunch, and just grab a snack or counter service for dinner. The lunch menus are usually (although not always) cheaper.

barnum42

Lefty, not too sure what you mean, but there are plenty of counter service restaurants that are cheaper than waiter service that you can visit. The link Tigsmom gave will let you see all menus and prices.

I would say that Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe would be a great place to enjoy a burger (well, what else:lol: ) then watch Wishes from Tomorrowland. It has an excellent viewing location, and if it is possible I would cap off my dinner with some ice cream from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor or some candy at the Confectionary on the way out of the park.

"Hey Bear, you're not even funny in 3-D!!!!!"-Waldor

Interruption?

Lefty said:
Are there just regular places to get dinner at MK? I don't want CRT or Liberty Tree. For two 20 year old college students, it just seems over the top (and hurts the pocket book).

Will it be insane to try to walk-up to a restaurant in MK for dinner time, or is it feasible? I'd rather save 20-30 bucks and go to a cheaper, yet still good place. (I know that was bad English, lol)

Thanks in advance.
You could always could always go with the gratuitous turkey leg! :D I myself am a fan of Casey's on Main Street.

RonAnnArbor

You absolutely do not need to spend a lot of money to eat at WDW - and most people DO NOT, although you are going to get a biased slant toward the sit-down restaurants by most of the readers of these forums -it's a group skewed toward staying at the resorts and using the meal plans. The vast majority of visitors probably do NOT eat at the sit-down restauarants and do just fine with the counter service and snack options. Be forwarned - the lines and waits throughout the park at counter service during meal times are HUGE and I mean HUGE (in the wait in line 30 - 45 minutes variety huge and then not be able to find a place to sit once you have your tray)...however, dine and dash tends to be the norm for the vast majority of visitors who are there just for the day and don't want to spend the hour - hour and a half for a sit down meal. Be prepared to wait anywhere, or diner during off-hours (i.e. lunch at 11; dinner at 4; a snack later in the evening) and you can avoid almost all lines. The counter service varies from ok to bland. Nothing is overly spiced, nor is it overly tastful. It is mass market mass consumption food.

doop

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Cafe are two counter-service places that are pretty nice, but that's only if you're looking to get a burger, chicken, or a salad.

DisneySam

Lefty I feel your pain! I am also a 20something college student, I reccomend as said before: Cosmic Rays, Caseys (great place to run in and have lunch or dinner you can sit on the patio and watch Cinderellabration too.) also, I ate a few years ago at the Plaza restaurant (across Main St from Caseys) and it was nice and moderately priced [didn't hurt visa too bad!]

shoppingnut

The one reason I don't mind eating at Cosmic Rays is because they have the 1/4 white chicken dish similar to Boston Market. Otherwise, everything seems to be burgers which for me are horrible because they are totally overcooked for my liking.

The Plaza Pavillion is very nice and moderately priced, but be aware that their opening and closing hours are sometimes very different from all the other restaurants in the park. Tony's I was very unhappy with both the quality and taste of the food last time I ate there.

MickeyTigg

Lefty said:

Thanks in advance.

If you don't want CRT or LTT...the only other good sit down restaurant is Tony's.....very good food.

Lefty

Original Poster
I definitely recommend 'Liberty Tree Tavern' as the best restaurant in MK (maybe of all the theme parks). The character dinner is fabulous, and the food is plentiful and great quality. The atmosphere is fun and Disney-like; plus, we went straight to Main Street for the Spectromagic right after dinner!

Yellow Shoes

Remember, though, that Liberty Tree is a character meal ONLY at dinner.

Lunch prices are more reasonable, and the menu is more varied. You can get the turkey dinner or a chicken sandwich.

Columbia Harbour House is one of my favorites for lunch. It's quieter than Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's, and it feels dark and cool--just the perfect escape from sun and heat.

theRIOT

I'll second that on the Columbia Harbour House.
Usually nice and quiet, and as said above, Dark and cool on a hot, sunny day. Gotta love the fish!

Cosmic Rays is good if the lines aren't crazy (when aren't they?).

I love the Noodle Station that took over the Tomorrowland Terrace that never stays open. Too bad!

My favorite thing to do was grab a pretzel and some spicy mustard at the ODV cart near the counry bears while I waited for the show to begin.

So many options.

I'll be there in 2 weeks! Or maybe Disneyland. Haven't decided yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom