Magic Kingdom Dessert Party in Late June

DisNerd86

Original Poster
I am super pumped to be going back to my favorite place for SIX WHOLE DAYS at the end of June. We will have two days at MK and AK each, and 1 at EPCOT and DHS each, but wont be park hopping. We will also be 4 adults and a 1 year old. Between the heat, the probable crowds, and the unpredictability of a person that has just learned to walk, I am trying to plan some things to make life easy. I think booking the fireworks dessert party at Magic Kingdom will be a nice way to enjoy the show without camping out for a good viewing spot and giving us some room to breath. (I also realize that my kid may lose it before the show and we could miss the whole thing, which would suck. But I have a weirdly well behaved baby, so I'm gonna roll the dice.)

So my question is - when do tickets for dessert party usually go on sale? Right now there are no available dates after sometime in May I think. I have been pretty sure they haven't opened the dates, but today I thought maybe it is sold out and I have been living in a Disney delusion. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or otherwise tips about the dessert party?

Weather_Lady

If you're wondering whether it's sold out or not yet released (it looks to me from the website like it's a matter of not being released, rather than not being available, as the dates past 5/27 aren't even "highlighted" for possible selection when crafting a search for availability), the best bet may be to call the Disney dining line and double-check.

GVentola

I just did the Happily Ever After dessert party a couple of weeks ago. After checking in, you are led to a seat in the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant between Main Street and Tomorrowland. You can go up to a small buffet and pick out bite-sized desserts and cheese cubes. Drinks like lemonade and water are available, also. (No soft drinks, to my disappointment.) After you are done, a cast member will lead you to a gated off portion of hub lawn, where you can easily find a spot to call your own. You'll be the envy of people outside the spot who are still looking for a good place to watch Happily Ever After from. After HEA was over, the area was open to everyone, but I stayed in my spot for the "Once upon a Time" castle projection show.

MightyMouse

Hey there DisNerd.

There is the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing as well as the Plaza Garden Viewing. I would recommend the Garden view. Keep in mind that even though you are seated nice and comfy like with lots of space for your little 'un to run around and play prior to the fireworks, once the show begins people still stand up and rush to the front of the gate. You may want to pick a initial spot closer to the front of the gate even though it's wayyy less stressful then the alternative. Sigh... If only there were a mandatory Disney training session to be done. :) This being said, there is still plenty of elbow room and it's "worth it" in my opinion to have the enjoyment of being comfortable throughout the show and not having to stake a spot. Especially if this may be your one and only opportunity to catch the fireworks.

Enjoy it. The fireworks/projections are fantastic.

danyoung56

Another vote for the Garden view. It's just about the best, head-on view there is. No seating, but you can sit and enjoy your desserts and then walk out 5 minutes before showtime to a totally uncrowded area. I booked way late for my April trip and didn't have any trouble with availability, so you should be fine.

CaptainAmerica

Keeping a one year old up that late for a fireworks show strikes me as a recipe for disaster. The absolute most important thing of traveling with a kid that age is making sure that everyone gets the proper amount of sleep (kid and mom alike). I'm not sure how often you visit, but if you'll be back within a year or two, I'd consider skipping any of the late-night festivities on this go-around.

It was tough for us to skip IllumiNations for four trips in a row when our daughter was a baby, but it was definitely the right decision to keep everyone fresh for the week. YMMV.

DisNerd86

Original Poster
If you're wondering whether it's sold out or not yet released (it looks to me from the website like it's a matter of not being released, rather than not being available, as the dates past 5/27 aren't even "highlighted" for possible selection when crafting a search for availability), the best bet may be to call the Disney dining line and double-check.
Thanks! I am going to call today and see what the deal is.

DisNerd86

Original Poster
Hey there DisNerd.

There is the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing as well as the Plaza Garden Viewing. I would recommend the Garden view. Keep in mind that even though you are seated nice and comfy like with lots of space for your little 'un to run around and play prior to the fireworks, once the show begins people still stand up and rush to the front of the gate. You may want to pick a initial spot closer to the front of the gate even though it's wayyy less stressful then the alternative. Sigh... If only there were a mandatory Disney training session to be done. :) This being said, there is still plenty of elbow room and it's "worth it" in my opinion to have the enjoyment of being comfortable throughout the show and not having to stake a spot. Especially if this may be your one and only opportunity to catch the fireworks.

Enjoy it. The fireworks/projections are fantastic.
LOL to the mandatory Disney training session - wouldn't that be nice! We were there in October when my baby was 4.5 months and snagged a table at Casey's Corner 15 minutes before the show started, which was really nice but still quite obstructed. I am looking forward to this trip's (hopefully) improved viewing experience!

DisNerd86

Original Poster
Another vote for the Garden view. It's just about the best, head-on view there is. No seating, but you can sit and enjoy your desserts and then walk out 5 minutes before showtime to a totally uncrowded area. I booked way late for my April trip and didn't have any trouble with availability, so you should be fine.
Yeah, Garden view is definitely what we are hoping for. Fingers crossed for good luck on the call with Dining today!

DisNerd86

Original Poster
Keeping a one year old up that late for a fireworks show strikes me as a recipe for disaster. The absolute most important thing of traveling with a kid that age is making sure that everyone gets the proper amount of sleep (kid and mom alike). I'm not sure how often you visit, but if you'll be back within a year or two, I'd consider skipping any of the late-night festivities on this go-around.

It was tough for us to skip IllumiNations for four trips in a row when our daughter was a baby, but it was definitely the right decision to keep everyone fresh for the week. YMMV.
I feel like I am setting myself up for failure with the baby...but on the other hand, she was a champ when we were there in October. She was 4.5 months then and made it through all of the nighttime shows (either awake and in awe, or fast asleep in her stroller with noise cancelling headphones on). We will have the benefit of 4 adults so if she starts to lose it, I'll just take her back to the hotel and let the rest of the group enjoy the show since I have seen it before. It should be interesting nonetheless!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks! I am going to call today and see what the deal is.
The deal with the dessert parties is they are controlled by Special Events until they get released to Disney Dining. That can happen anywhere from 180 days out or less. About all you can do is keep checking as those in Disney Dining typically have no idea when they will open up or if they even will.

Zipadeelady

@DisNerd86 I'm also waiting to book for late June. I've been watching the DIsney website to make reservations but the dates we want to go were "grayed" out. As of yesterday they are now "highlighted" but nothing is available. I called Disney and they also told me there isn't anything available. I'm guessing they just haven't opened it up yet. There is no way it can be completely booked through August the day they open reservations. I'm just trying to be patient.

DisNerd86

Original Poster
@DisNerd86 I'm also waiting to book for late June. I've been watching the DIsney website to make reservations but the dates we want to go were "grayed" out. As of yesterday they are now "highlighted" but nothing is available. I called Disney and they also told me there isn't anything available. I'm guessing they just haven't opened it up yet. There is no way it can be completely booked through August the day they open reservations. I'm just trying to be patient.
I did the same thing! Yesterday I was so excited to see the date I want out of the grays but alas no availability. I got the same info from the CM on the phone. She said to check everyday in the morning and at night because she thinks that it may open up soon. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom