Magic Kingdom Dessert Party in Late June

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We did the dessert party and it was really worth it for us when we went but we're not planning on doing it again. Some points to keep in mind:

1) the view is really great near the back of the dessert party area, and you can lean against the rail. Everyone crowds the front, so there's like a no mans land and then the uncrowded back rail area.

2) you don't have to be there when the dessert party opens. Take your time and enjoy the parks! We arrived at 8:25 for 9:00 fireworks. They want to walk you down to the viewing area no later than 15 minutes prior to the show, so if you want desserts, factor in some time for that. When we got there, some desserts were all gone, but that was fine as we hated almost all of them anyway. So happy we spent that time on 7DMT instead of at the party.

3) they have to go cups and boxes that you can ask for to take things down to the viewing area

4) we were there on a sold out party, two days after christmas in an at capacity park. We still had a ton of room for our daughter to run around. So don't hurry down to the viewing area in fear that all the good spots are taken. Relax,..... there's room for everyone and more to spare.

Zipadeelady

We did the dessert party and it was really worth it for us when we went but we're not planning on doing it again. Some points to keep in mind:

1) the view is really great near the back of the dessert party area, and you can lean against the rail. Everyone crowds the front, so there's like a no mans land and then the uncrowded back rail area.

2) you don't have to be there when the dessert party opens. Take your time and enjoy the parks! We arrived at 8:25 for 9:00 fireworks. They want to walk you down to the viewing area no later than 15 minutes prior to the show, so if you want desserts, factor in some time for that. When we got there, some desserts were all gone, but that was fine as we hated almost all of them anyway. So happy we spent that time on 7DMT instead of at the party.

3) they have to go cups and boxes that you can ask for to take things down to the viewing area

4) we were there on a sold out party, two days after christmas in an at capacity park. We still had a ton of room for our daughter to run around. So don't hurry down to the viewing area in fear that all the good spots are taken. Relax,..... there's room for everyone and more to spare.
This is great info!! Thanks!! I was reading on the Disney website and it said to arrive at 7:45, C and I weren't liking that too much, so I'm glad you posted this.

This will be just a one time experience for us, I can't see spending the money for this more than once, but I'm glad were doing it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This is great info!! Thanks!! I was reading on the Disney website and it said to arrive at 7:45, C and I weren't liking that too much, so I'm glad you posted this.

This will be just a one time experience for us, I can't see spending the money for this more than once, but I'm glad were doing it.

I read about it on a blog somewhere.... he went 20 minutes before show time and was just fine. My husband wasn't comfortable cutting it that close though, and he wanted to try some desserts.

When the park is crowded, I definitely would do the party. But we're planning on going again in September, so we're just going to take our chances with the masses

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Oh! And @DisNerd86, there is PLENTY of room for your stroller! They didn't let us take ours into the party area itself, but down in the viewing area you'll have space for it. So if your baby does want to sleep, or is melting down and just needs to have some personal space, you'll at least have your stroller.

danyoung56

The first time I did it a few months ago, it was POURING down rain! I had a slicker on, but I just couldn't pay much attention to the show while I was slowly drowning. So I'm gonna try it again next week and see if I have better luck.

After that, I'm probably gonna hang with the masses.

Zipadeelady

The first time I did it a few months ago, it was POURING down rain! I had a slicker on, but I just couldn't pay much attention to the show while I was slowly drowning. So I'm gonna try it again next week and see if I have better luck.

After that, I'm probably gonna hang with the masses.
:happy: I know I shouldn't laugh, but I just pictured you standing in the middle of the hub by yourself, staring at the castle soaking wet with this miserable look on your face. I'm glad you're having a redo. I hope the weather is better for you this next time around.

Last edited:

danyoung56

:happy: I know I shouldn't laugh but I just pictured you standing in the middle of the hub by yourself, staring at the castle soaking wet with this miserable look on your face. I'm glad you're having a redo. I hope the weather is better for you this next time around.

And that's exactly what I looked like! I was miserable, and wanted nothing more than to slosh back to my room and dry out. But I spent big bucks for this activity, and NOTHING was gonna keep me from finishing it!

DisNerd86

Original Poster
Oh! And @DisNerd86, there is PLENTY of room for your stroller! They didn't let us take ours into the party area itself, but down in the viewing area you'll have space for it. So if your baby does want to sleep, or is melting down and just needs to have some personal space, you'll at least have your stroller.
This is good to know! She's a great stroller sleeper so I am going to hold out hope for that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom