Magic Kingdom Castle Fountains?

deix15x8

Original Poster
With the premiere of Disney Illuminate in Disneyland Paris they've moved even more of the attention from the skies to the waters with a more integrated set of fountain effects. I attended the Disneyland 60th and enjoyed their projection/firework show last year, but it in no way could even try to compare to when I saw Disney Dream in Paris this year. Even without the fireworks, the layering of projections, pyro, lasers, and fountains created such an overwhelming and immersive experience.

Is there a reason that the Magic Kingdom cannot have fountains? It seems like with the way that they have the mote setup (even with it now cut off a little bit), they may not be able to do as much right in front of the castle, but could create a really cool 180-270º water fountain effect surrounding the hub where the majority of people are. With all the work they recently did on the hub and the new show that is coming, I'd hope they would have thought about this. Does anyone know of a reason why this couldn't be possible? It seems like the natural next step for the shows and for the penny pinchers in corporate the fountains while not cheaper than nothing, are rather cost effective when compared to the impact they have.

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps due to water sprays and wind direction making the Liberty Square/Fantasyland & Tomorrowland/Fantasyland Pathways wet each and every night could be a reason?
giphy.gif

mousehockey37

With the premiere of Disney Illuminate in Disneyland Paris they've moved even more of the attention from the skies to the waters with a more integrated set of fountain effects. I attended the Disneyland 60th and enjoyed their projection/firework show last year, but it in no way could even try to compare to when I saw Disney Dream in Paris this year. Even without the fireworks, the layering of projections, pyro, lasers, and fountains created such an overwhelming and immersive experience.

Is there a reason that the Magic Kingdom cannot have fountains? It seems like with the way that they have the mote setup (even with it now cut off a little bit), they may not be able to do as much right in front of the castle, but could create a really cool 180-270º water fountain effect surrounding the hub where the majority of people are. With all the work they recently did on the hub and the new show that is coming, I'd hope they would have thought about this. Does anyone know of a reason why this couldn't be possible? It seems like the natural next step for the shows and for the penny pinchers in corporate the fountains while not cheaper than nothing, are rather cost effective when compared to the impact they have.

If they did an immersive experience that surrounded the Hub, that'd be a nightmare for all the electronics of the guests. I mean, they have a site for the smoke direction for Illuminations, so you can plan. I could just see it being a super nightmare if they did something like that in the Hub.

Phil12

The magic Kingdom needs to stick to fireworks and less of the other elements. There are to many shows on property that are fountain and projection based.
Due to the air, water and noise pollution caused by fireworks WDW needs to scale back the pyrotechnics in favor of other entertainment elements.

TTA94

Exactly my thought!! Sadly I don't think it will happen, not that it can't, at least I don't think. Maaybe for a 50th nighttime show but not Happily Ever After.

TTA94

Does any insiders here know if it's even possible to add fountains to the water areas around the castle and hub? Wether or not they ever would.

Phil12

Oh please. Fireworks are the least of our worries. And who is complaining about noise pollution? This isn't Anaheim.
Contaminating innocent people with heavy metal toxins is a real concern for Disney. The WDW property is within the watershed of the South Florida Water Management District. WDW needs to plan for the future. After all, who thought noise pollution would be a problem for Anaheim many years ago?

Phil12

They're so concerned that they just spent a small fortune building a new launch area next to World Drive.
Yes indeed, that was done under permit with the South Florida Water Management District. WDW is doing their best to minimize toxic heavy metal pollution from pyrotechnics. Good for them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom