Magic Kingdom August 21, 2018

Father Robinson

Original Poster
That day is a Tuesday. The park is opening for special ticketed event at 7:45am. The park is closing at 6pm that night, anyone know why? Doubtful it's for MNSSHP.

mhaftman7

So if they are closing at 6pm, are they just not admitting more guests or are they not doing the night time activities?

James J

In the Parks
No
So if they are closing at 6pm, are they just not admitting more guests or are they not doing the night time activities?

They are doing night time activities, as stated above it's for the Halloween Party. That'll run from 7pm, so I believe the non-party ticket holders have from 6pm to 7pm to exit the park.

mousehockey37

How much extra are the tickets generally? I went to Disney’s site and they are available.

For the Halloween party? Go search for the MNSSHP tickets 2017 and it'll give you the price from last year. I'd say add a few bucks on, but the August parties are "normally" the "cheaper" ones. The closer you got to Halloween itself, the prices obviously increased.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So has anyone questioned why they're starting those so early this year?

Yes, many people have.

Aside from the cash grab that they are, I'm gonna go with the idea that lots of parents are/have complained that they couldn't get their kids out of school and Disney is responding to that.

I don't think this is because parents complained that they wanted to have Halloween for their kids 2 1/2 months early. Remember - Nothing says, "Halloween!!!" like mid-August Florida heat... This is all about :greedy:

For the Halloween party? Go search for the MNSSHP tickets 2017 and it'll give you the price from last year. I'd say add a few bucks on, but the August parties are "normally" the "cheaper" ones. The closer you got to Halloween itself, the prices obviously increased.

2016 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - $72.00 adult/$67.00 child - Advance Purchase Price for September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 25
2017 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - $74.00 adult/$69.00 child - Advance Purchase Price for August 25, 29, September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17, 24

Guessing $77/person this year.

ToTBellHop

Yes, many people have.

I don't think this is because parents complained that they wanted to have Halloween for their kids 2 1/2 months early. Remember - Nothing says, "Halloween!!!" like mid-August Florida heat... This is all about :greedy:

2016 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - $72.00 adult/$67.00 child - Advance Purchase Price for September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 25
2017 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - $74.00 adult/$69.00 child - Advance Purchase Price for August 25, 29, September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17, 24

Guessing $77/person this year.
People may not complain, but the August parties did quite well last year. Exceeded expectations. I wonder if Food and Wine will move up a week, too.

To be fair, it's usually about 91 degrees for late August and 90 degrees in late September. What does weather have to do with anything? Florida is hot. Much of the country now pulls out scarecrows and hayrides in August. If there is demand, Disney might as well supply.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So it begins, selling the MK park in slices. There is a reason greed is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Right now corporate greed on Disney's part is destroying the customer experience.

A colleague of mine who has taken his 4 kids (2 from first and second set from second wife) to WDW every year gave up after last years crowds because daughters 8&9 y/o were not having fun in the massive crowds.

This year its UNI and Discovery Cove and a day at AK and an airboat charter

The takeaway of course is Disney is alienating long term fans who happen to be in their most valuable demographic. People with money EXPECT a superior level of product and Disney now is a subpar product with a premium price

PorterRedkey

People may not complain, but the August parties did quite well last year. Exceeded expectations. I wonder if Food and Wine will move up a week, too.

To be fair, it's usually about 91 degrees for late August and 90 degrees in late September. What does weather have to do with anything? Florida is hot. Much of the country now pulls out scarecrows and hayrides in August. If there is demand, Disney might as well supply.
I don't like that more MNSSH parties equals fewer offerings of and, more crowded offering of, the free nighttime entertainment at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom