News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Vinnie Mac

It's funny because I've always kinda thought of HEA in "modes".

A mode would be HEA with lasers, projections, and full pyro

B mode would be HEA with no lasers, projections, and slightly reduced pyro (most commonly seen in the post-pandemic era version)

C mode would be HEA with no lasers, projections, and no pyro.

Ironically JUST yesterday I was literally daydreaming to myself and wondering what would need to happen for a C mode HEA to be shown. Guess I got my answer last night... 😂

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
It's funny because I've always kinda thought of HEA in "modes".

A mode would be HEA with lasers, projections, and full pyro

B mode would be HEA with no lasers, projections, and slightly reduced pyro (most commonly seen in the post-pandemic era version)

C mode would be HEA with no lasers, projections, and no pyro.

Ironically JUST yesterday I was literally daydreaming to myself and wondering what would need to happen for a C mode HEA to be shown. Guess I got my answer last night... 😂
If anyone is on this who is at MK tonight, please record this as it really will show how much of a difference with or without pyro. But don’t cheer too loud so Chapek doesn’t take fireworks away (to allow for even more “enhanced guest experiences.”)

brettf22

Premium Member
Is the testing scheduled for tonight also cancelled?

It’s filming not testing

But it is/was filming of fireworks, correct?

From Blog Mickey:
2835D9DB-973A-4B1D-AFB5-65F534FC1339.jpeg

mattpeto

If anyone is on this who is at MK tonight, please record this as it really will show how much of a difference with or without pyro. But don’t cheer too loud so Chapek doesn’t take fireworks away (to allow for even more “enhanced guest experiences.”)
Just stop. They brought fireworks back without even dessert parties. It keeps guests around and brings people to WDW.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Just stop. They brought fireworks back without even dessert parties. It keeps guests around and brings people to WDW.
I know. My cynicism towards Chapek overwhelmed my sense of reality. But while we are on that thought, has anything been said about desert parties yet? I’m surprised nothing has been said considering fireworks cruises are back on (or at least nothing I’ve heard.)

ImperfectPixie

I know. My cynicism towards Chapek overwhelmed my sense of reality. But while we are on that thought, has anything been said about desert parties yet? I’m surprised nothing has been said considering fireworks cruises are back on (or at least nothing I’ve heard.)
It'd be kind of difficult to have desert parties at WDW...what with the parks being in the middle of swamps and all.

(Just teasing for a little humor! ;) )

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Should I still go to WDW this weekend? Seeing HEA was the #1 reason why.
If what a previous person said is correct, they should really try to have it back and working within the week if they can. Ever without fireworks, it’s still a great show (HEA sans pryo will beat OUAT in my book every day.)

ToTBellHop

Should I still go to WDW this weekend? Seeing HEA was the #1 reason why.
I personally think we will have pyro back by then unless there is further damage beyond what I heard about. Unless it is more extensive, I’d expect pyro by Thursday night, if not tomorrow. I’ll post if I hear differently. They will not allow this to occur any longer than absolutely necessary. It may return with some elements missing.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I personally think we will have pyro back by then unless there is further damage beyond what I heard about. Unless it is more extensive, I’d expect pyro by Thursday night, if not tomorrow. I’ll post if I hear differently. They will not allow this to occur any longer than absolutely necessary.
Since you seem to be in on the loop about MK pryo, Do you know if Perimeter Pyro will be a regular part of DE, or just a special event feature (they used it very rarely with HEA and Wishes?)

ToTBellHop

Since you seem to be in on the loop about MK pryo, Do you know if Perimeter Pyro will be a regular part of DE, or just a special event feature (they used it very rarely with HEA and Wishes?)
I don’t honestly know. It was an option at one point, but I’d bet they won’t use the 90-degree perimeters. They did beef up those launch pads recently, however, so I guess it is possible.

Jcf8037

I don’t honestly know. It was an option at one point, but I’d bet they won’t use the 90-degree perimeters. They did beef up those launch pads recently, however, so I guess it is possible.
I was at bay lake tower last week and on two separate nights during HEA noticed a shell or two exploding MUCH lower than they are supposed to. I wonder if they’ve been having any recurring issues leading up to yesterday’s problems.

jrhwdw

I can’t give details, but there was damage and it is a top priority to get pyro back ASAP. I would not expect this to last very long. Sorry for being vague but this is indeed unprecedented.

I personally think we will have pyro back by then unless there is further damage beyond what I heard about. Unless it is more extensive, I’d expect pyro by Thursday night, if not tomorrow. I’ll post if I hear differently. They will not allow this to occur any longer than absolutely necessary. It may return with some elements missing.
Oh good! I was deafly afraid this would drag out like a ROL/WOC Fail the we've seen in the last few years!!!!!

I'm still not happy/worried about this considering we're in HEA's Final Month/Final Countdown to the 50th but it sounds we can relax sometime over Labor Day Weekend!

Not related to last night but I found this Tweet odd:

That was just this week, I thought MK picked out the new spots and was already working on them? ESP. if it's for DE? Unless it's just for Minnie's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom