News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

doctornick

It was buried among other entertainment news, but apparently Wonderful World of Animation is returning on August 1 to DHS. So it is nice to have another evening show at the parks, even if it is a smaller scale one.

Edit: Do we have a performance time for WWoA? Is it going to be just one show a night?

JohnD

MorphinePrince

It was buried among other entertainment news, but apparently Wonderful World of Animation is returning on August 1 to DHS. So it is nice to have another evening show at the parks, even if it is a smaller scale one.

Edit: Do we have a performance time for WWoA? Is it going to be just one show a night?
I enjoyed this little gem of a show, so im glad it's back.

gerarar

Premium Member
Been watching HEA every night since it came back. Besides the low/castle pyro issues, another big issue that glares out are the spotlights.

In this particular case, I believe these are concerning the biggest ones.
When the show debuted, they had 5 biggies in each set.
F0D13C54-F720-4192-B176-F5BE0F7C975C.jpeg

Right before the closure in March 2020, there were still 5 in each set operating.
49ADB67E-7E83-423B-B146-C2916DEF7009.jpeg

Now today (screenshot from last nights showing), there’s only 3 in each set. On July 1, there were actually only 2 operating on each side, so maybe they’re actively being worked on?
A6563F51-4DEA-443C-8BBF-9091E184F215.jpeg

Just thought it was something to point out.
Also RIP HEA. Little did I know that May 24 2017 would be the only time I see it live. :(

mf1972

i wasn’t a fan of epcot forever. that was 1 & done for us, but the new version is an improvement. i liked HEA but only got to see it once in person, but preferred celebrate the magic. as long as the new show has tinker bell flying, i’m good.

TTA94

Been watching HEA every night since it came back. Besides the low/castle pyro issues, another big issue that glares out are the spotlights.

View attachment 573750

Right before the closure in March 2020, there were still 5 in each set operating.
View attachment 573751

Now today (screenshot from last nights showing), there’s only 3 in each set. On July 1, there were actually only 2 operating on each side, so maybe they’re actively being worked on?
View attachment 573752

Also RIP HEA. Little did I know that May 24 2019 would be the only time I see it live. :(

I hope Enchantment has even more spotlights than HEA originally had. I would assume it will?

JohnD

Here's what they have to say about the shows:

We also recently announced that all-new nighttime spectaculars “Disney Enchantment” and “Harmonious” would be debuting October 1 as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration. That means this summer is also your last chance to come out and catch the current fireworks shows before they sparkle into Disney history. “EPCOT Forever” will conclude its limited-time run on September 28, and you have until September 29 to take in the spectacle of “Happily Ever After” at Magic Kingdom Park.

The phrase "sparkle into Disney history" seems to imply HEA will not be coming back. It was always understood that Epcot Forever was an interim show.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Just saw on Twitter from TC And Blog Mickey that HEA/EF is done for good when WDW turns 50!!! Hopefully the last week of September is just as awesome as HEA's first week in 2017!!!!!

We knew that it was a possibility but it feels a little different that it looks to be confirmed.

BMP

View attachment 573750

View attachment 573751

View attachment 573752

Also RIP HEA. Little did I know that May 24 2017 would be the only time I see it live. :(
This was taken July 9th…

Attachments

• 0C8C03F1-E2EA-48DE-A6C8-EF199BCCBC7E.jpeg
    0C8C03F1-E2EA-48DE-A6C8-EF199BCCBC7E.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 94

flynnibus

Premium Member
Here's what they have to say about the shows:

The phrase "sparkle into Disney history" seems to imply HEA will not be coming back. It was always understood that Epcot Forever was an interim show.

yeah that's what other sites were reporting too... that HEA is gone. That seems incredibly odd to me... but with these projection shows now it seems Disney is keen to 'tweak' them and call them a whole new show. So they keep changing shows almost incrementally instead of big leaps like we had in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom