News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

RonAnnArbor

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing the shows. I think the July 1 estimates to bring the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two by the time they re-familiarize everyone with everything, and train the many staff replacing the many cast members who are not returning since they moved back home to Indiana or left to work at Universal or SeaWorld and such over the past year. My neighbor is in Fantastic and she said she has now gotten three phone calls to get her back into the show, but she has left for a better paying job since they didn't employee her the entire past 15 months and Fantastic and parades was all she worked on in Live shows.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing them. I think the July 1 estimates to being the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two.
All Staff including F!??? Or just PAC's and Pyro Techs?

TTA94

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing the shows. I think the July 1 estimates to bring the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two by the time they re-familiarize everyone with everything, and train the many staff replacing the many cast members who are not returning since they moved back home to Indiana or left to work at Universal or SeaWorld and such over the past year. My neighbor is in Fantastic and she said she has now gotten three phone calls to get her back into the show, but she has left for a better paying job since they didn't employee her the entire past 15 months and Fantastic and parades was all she worked on in Live shows.

Give or take a week or two from July 1? 🤦‍♂️. Nothing against you at all, and thank you for sharing 🙂. It’s just the back and forth on rumored dates is enough to drive one nuts lol. As others would/will say, We will know when we know, and that’s very true.

Just joking here but maybe those at Disney where reading this thread yesterday and realized we were on to their debut plans, so they changed it up again lol. they Never Want This To End. Lol.

jrhwdw

Give or take a week or two from July 1? 🤦‍♂️. Nothing against you at all, and thank you for sharing 🙂. It’s just the back and forth on rumored dates is enough to drive one nuts lol. As others would/will say, We will know when we know, and that’s very true.

Just joking here but maybe those at Disney where reading this thread yesterday and realized we were on to their debut plans, so they changed it up again lol. they Never Want This To End. Lol.
I hope you're joking!!! LOL!!

That's why I'm leery of TDO right now! They need to do something in writing to end the confusion!

However Disney seems to be on a roll this afternoon. First Noodles returning, then no masks outside of Disney Transportation so who knows!

Thelazer

The holdup for parades is on the technician side. There's currently no active technicians who know how to operate and maintain the show control program that runs FoF. It's a very unique and temperamental piece of technology.

That's what happens when management lets the "fav" game go on and doesn't have PLENTY of tech's trained on things..
Should have kept some techs on doing projects on that system thru this whole shutdown.

WAS the perfect time to do it.

mergatroid

I hope this show doesn't return. The studios is more than Star Wars and the nighttime show should include more than just Star Wars.
You do realise that the fireworks are still fireworks and you don't have to really bother with the projections? I get that those who hate Star Wars may think I want something different story-wise, just like I do with Harry Potter at Universal. However I'm able to still enjoy the fireworks they have/had at Hogwarts at IOA by telling myself they're still fireworks, the silly (to me) spooks and wizards I ignore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom