News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
They do a lot of their stuff in house.

wdwfire.PNG

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Commercial fireworks don't have an expiration date and are usually good for up to 5 years or more. I do think there is an inspection required after a while.
It honestly depends on how well they’re stored. Regardless, Disney doesn’t keep 5 years worth of fireworks on property, that’s too much of a risk. There’s a locked facility near the airport for that.

Disney Glimpses

Not according to @marni1971. The thinking I’m getting from him is late July at the earliest.
They haven't really been specific:

"It’ll come. You’ll get your firework shows back. Just not quite yet."
"The exact date is still TBD. I’d expect it to be finalised soon."
"Forever will currently return for guests before Humongous."
"Wobbly. But possible." (re: MK and EPCOT fireworks returning same day)
"
So far yes. There’s still an earliest date being worked towards and a window following it for fireworks returns."
"Once they know it" (re: announcing a date)

They also liked this post:

"I could be wrong, but I thought our "insiders" stated the first day wouldn't be the fourth of July. But I felt like some said it's POSSIBLE it could start before the 4th of July and that they do not have a firm date yet, but have a "moving target" they are trying to hit."

Seems like a very fluid situation still.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

You mean like how many guests didn’t respect 6 ft distancing guidelines and a majority now don’t respect the 3 ft guidelines? Distancing for something like HEA isn’t going to happen. At all.
Which is exactly why we didn't have them back 6 months ago. When fireworks return, it will be after every last COVID-19 measure on property is suspended. Thankfully, that appears to be soonish (based on recent activity).

GimpYancIent

You mean like how many guests didn’t respect 6 ft distancing guidelines and a majority now don’t respect the 3 ft guidelines? Distancing for something like HEA isn’t going to happen. At all.
Social distancing has diluted down to each individuals personal interpretation. Some people are more respectful of personal space than others. With mask wearing in outdoor areas optional, well, the reality is the entertainment needs to get ramped up and maintain pace with the reality.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Social distancing has diluted down to each individuals personal interpretation. Some people are more respectful of personal space than others. With mask wearing in outdoor areas optional, well, the reality is the entertainment needs to get ramped up and maintain pace with the reality.

staffing, operational flex/overflow capacity, lodging and CROWD CONTROL mechanisms need to return before any fireworks...which is 15 minutes of madness at the end of the day...

im waiting for Bob to realize that his job is the most difficult it’s been RIGHT now...not actually “getting easier”

nickys

Premium Member
They haven't really been specific:

"It’ll come. You’ll get your firework shows back. Just not quite yet."
"The exact date is still TBD. I’d expect it to be finalised soon."
"Forever will currently return for guests before Humongous."
"Wobbly. But possible." (re: MK and EPCOT fireworks returning same day)
"
So far yes. There’s still an earliest date being worked towards and a window following it for fireworks returns."
"Once they know it" (re: announcing a date)

They also liked this post:

"I could be wrong, but I thought our "insiders" stated the first day wouldn't be the fourth of July. But I felt like some said it's POSSIBLE it could start before the 4th of July and that they do not have a firm date yet, but have a "moving target" they are trying to hit."

Seems like a very fluid situation still.
You missed a much bigger clue, IMO. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom