News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

jrhwdw

The "other site" is showing new lighting installed on trees around the hub. They're still pushing that the 50th is getting its own fireworks show that could replace HEA.

Oh I don't disagree
Point taken but the Trees have to mean something. Either They're in HEA, the 50th Tag or the Main Street Projection Show rumored last week.

If this needs move to the 50th Thread, Fine with me!

havoc315

I agree that it will end up equating to more people, which they want. I was more suggesting that it spreads people out more. In my experience, a relatively small number of people are nuts like us, who rope-drop and close down the parks. Fireworks will allow Disney to increase capacity and push more hoppers, building up an evening surge again, which hasn’t really been a thing in recent times. Longer hours with pyro also push on-site guests to the resort to swim and buy more food.

Sounds about right. Though I really think it's hard to generalize about touring styles.
The number of rope droppers is partially dependent on time of year and time of rope drop. Far more people will show up for a 9 or 10 am rope drop than a 7 or 8am...

Speaking for my family: We are going back this summer for the first time in over 4 years. Our kids have gone from adolescents to full teens in that time. I believe this will greatly impact our touring. We used to always concentrate on the mornings. We liked Epcot fireworks because they were relatively early (MK fireworks were often at 10pm while Epcot was 9), and if we stayed at the Beach Club, we could watch Epcot fireworks and still be in bed by 9:30. But we did nights in the other parks far less often, because we didn't like staying up toooooo late.
Now that my kids are older, I suspect we will want to close down a park every night. Though I'm really hoping Fantasmic returns by August, so we have more reason to mix up the nights. But I'm still not going to be "nuts" and tour all day. For me, it may indeed be a bit of shifting. We may skip a couple mornings. Even if we don't skip the mornings, we may shorten them. (Especially without FP... old plan was "rope drop" the first 90 minutes, then a couple FPs... for a solid 3-4 hour morning before going back to the resort. Without FPs, I could see mornings being under 2 hours).

While I'm not a fan of the FP+ system... if you really want to spread attendance more evenly through the day, FP+ succeeds there, I would think. Guests have a ticket "for a certain time." "We don't need to rope drop for Mine Train, we have a 11am FP".... "it's noon.. I'm tired.. but we can't go back to the hotel yet, we have a Slinky Dog FP coming up at 1"

doctornick

Point taken but the Trees have to mean something. Either They're in HEA, the 50th Tag or the Main Street Projection Show rumored last week.

If this needs move to the 50th Thread, Fine with me!

Yeah, I though that the "Main Street Project show" rumor was confirmed already by insiders here, so that's probably what the lights are for - in preparation for that for the 50th. Probably not directly tied to fireworks in any way though perhaps they could have them on at night regardless.

MisterPenguin

🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧Fully Pfizered!🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧
Premium Member
So no fireworks at Disney = they'll not bring fireworks back as it's money saved
Looks like fireworks are returning = they're only bringing them back to make money

:D

RonAnnArbor

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing the shows. I think the July 1 estimates to bring the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two by the time they re-familiarize everyone with everything, and train the many staff replacing the many cast members who are not returning since they moved back home to Indiana or left to work at Universal or SeaWorld and such over the past year. My neighbor is in Fantastic and she said she has now gotten three phone calls to get her back into the show, but she has left for a better paying job since they didn't employee her the entire past 15 months and Fantastic and parades was all she worked on in Live shows.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing them. I think the July 1 estimates to being the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two.
All Staff including F!??? Or just PAC's and Pyro Techs?

mnelson3

While I am not sure exactly when the nighttime shows are coming back, I know that almost all the nighttime staff at all 4 parks have been recalled to work - there is a minimum two week gap between re-onboarding them and actually doing the shows. I think the July 1 estimates to bring the nighttime shows are not far off -- maybe give or take a week or two by the time they re-familiarize everyone with everything, and train the many staff replacing the many cast members who are not returning since they moved back home to Indiana or left to work at Universal or SeaWorld and such over the past year. My neighbor is in Fantastic and she said she has now gotten three phone calls to get her back into the show, but she has left for a better paying job since they didn't employee her the entire past 15 months and Fantastic and parades was all she worked on in Live shows.

Give or take a week or two from July 1? 🤦‍♂️. Nothing against you at all, and thank you for sharing 🙂. It’s just the back and forth on rumored dates is enough to drive one nuts lol. As others would/will say, We will know when we know, and that’s very true.

Just joking here but maybe those at Disney where reading this thread yesterday and realized we were on to their debut plans, so they changed it up again lol. they Never Want This To End. Lol.

jrhwdw

Give or take a week or two from July 1? 🤦‍♂️. Nothing against you at all, and thank you for sharing 🙂. It’s just the back and forth on rumored dates is enough to drive one nuts lol. As others would/will say, We will know when we know, and that’s very true.

Just joking here but maybe those at Disney where reading this thread yesterday and realized we were on to their debut plans, so they changed it up again lol. they Never Want This To End. Lol.
I hope you're joking!!! LOL!!

That's why I'm leery of TDO right now! They need to do something in writing to end the confusion!

However Disney seems to be on a roll this afternoon. First Noodles returning, then no masks outside of Disney Transportation so who knows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom