Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer Panther

Wow 2021/the launch of the 50th more and more sounds like a complete bust. Granted we were warned by insiders awhile ago. No new attractions aside from maybe Ratatouille, no Tron, maybe not even the WDWRR, no Guardians, no Harmonious, no light parade... Guess it really will be a basically a repeat of the 40th with banners, cupcakes, merchandise and some type of further castle makeover.
Pretty much, yeah.

brb1006

https://d23.com/collector-set-2021/ D23 announced their gold member gift for 2021, all 50th themed
LM7jFWT.png

TTA94

Leaving MK now. It was surreal to be in the park at 12am on NYD and only have like 1k other people there.

Hopefully we never have to experience it like this again. Getting things back to normal by next NYE might be a stretch based on the way things currently are. I could see though it being 50% back to normal, but not 100%. Regardless, hopefully we get some type of fireworks back.

TrainsOfDisney

It's funny cause park closes at 11 but they let people stay and guests were expecting something is going to happen. At one point, I was thinking they might do something but no. Goodbye 2020 and hello 2021.
well typically the hub and Main Street are open an hour past park close. Of course nothing is typical this year!

TTA94

Depends on who I hear from—sometimes I hear late 2021 for Harm, but mostly 2022. It largely depends on how vaccination goes.

🤷‍♂️. I agree though nobody including Disney knows for sure how the year will play out. I do think if we don’t at least start to get on a downward trend with cases by Spring, we might be in trouble for the rest of the year.

Jrb1979

I know. We have vaccine distribution ramping up 9 months after the start of a pandemic. How disappointing!
I'm already prepared for another year of this. I'm personally not expecting much for 2021. Its going to take til at least fall before the majority is vaccinated. Which in turn will have an affect on the 50th.

Animaniac93-98

I still say the Disney will celebrate the 50th when its convenient to them. The actual anniversary isn't until October anyway, so what's a couple months delay until 2022?

They started HKDL's 15th two months late, only to have the park close a week later. I think they're learning to be flexible with these things.

Ldno

I would had honestly cried like a just hearing Kiss Goodnight Just because it’s super sad, no fireworks, nothing. Just woke up from a massive hangover and I am glad the people managed to stay there until the end Of last year!11

Giss Neric

🤷‍♂️. I agree though nobody including Disney knows for sure how the year will play out. I do think if we don’t at least start to get on a downward trend with cases by Spring, we might be in trouble for the rest of the year.

WHAT? NO TRON OR COSMIC REWIND. The only thing interests me is Harmonious for 2021. Not to a great start for 2021 Disney.

Also, they are bold for opening Avengers Campus for 2021 when California is not even open.

Well, dang. Second wedding anniversary has us hitting the parks week of 9/14... fingers crossed there’s at least some anniversary merch, decorations and Ratatouille open by then, even if Tron comes later. Any Chance for a phased rollout of the celebrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom