Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Feather

IDK, Can WDW return to Major Entertainment under the current Reservation system when it's deemed safe? Or will we have togo back to the "just buy tickets and walk right in" system before FOF/HEA/F!/Harm.? comes back? If we could have a good 50th with this new reservation system I'd be a lot less worried!
Nighttime Entertainment should come before the reservation system goes. Neither are happening in the near term though.

jrhwdw

So...I saw on that other site that Tron won't make the 50th/2021! 2022 it looks like. Plus(wrong thread but still) Rat not until Fall 2021?!?!?! Wasn't just about done before Epcot closed in March because of COVID?? Why wait all the to next Fall? Doesn't give me hope for the 50th!(today anyway) If WDW/TDO doesn't have the money to give get things done/opened quickly(if it's safe to work on of course), maybe some things needs to change with WDC!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So...I saw on that other site that Tron won't make the 50th/2021! 2022 it looks like. Plus(wrong thread but still) Rat not until Fall 2021?!?!?! Wasn't just about done before Epcot closed in March because of COVID?? Why wait all the to next Fall? Doesn't give me hope for the 50th!(today anyway) If WDW/TDO doesn't have the money to give get things done/opened quickly(if it's safe to work on of course), maybe some things needs to change with WDC!
That was copied from https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...ing-increasingly-unlikely-to-open-in-2021.htm

MagicHappens1971

What if the 50th gets delayed to 2022?
I think the reason they are pushing forward with Harmonious & Ratatouille is to use it as the first “phase” of the 50th. It will probably be an extended 2-3 year celebration. We will probably get banners, minimal decor adorning the toll plazas, along the park entryways, etc. come October 1st. But the big pomp and circumstance probably won’t come until the summer of 22. Just my opinion

TTA94

I mean, all this news about Tron really isn’t a big deal, the 50th does not start until October 1st and technically runs until October 1st 2022, at least. So technically Tron Will still open for the 50th. Just a couple months into the 50th year instead of on October 1st 2021.

TTA94

I think the reason they are pushing forward with Harmonious & Ratatouille is to use it as the first “phase” of the 50th. It will probably be an extended 2-3 year celebration. We will probably get banners, minimal decor adorning the toll plazas, along the park entryways, etc. come October 1st. But the big pomp and circumstance probably won’t come until the summer of 22. Just my opinion

Well, as long as entertainment can return next year, Big IF currently I think, I wonder if the PTN rumor could still happen by the start of the 50th? Or will that get pushed to 2022 as well?

Squishy

Well, as long as entertainment can return next year, Big IF currently I think, I wonder if the PTN rumor could still happen by the start of the 50th? Or will that get pushed to 2022 as well?
Although MSEP has different tech, MSEP took around 3-4 months from the time of ending at WDW & beginning at DLR in 2016-2017

jrhwdw

Although MSEP has different tech, MSEP took around 3-4 months from the time of ending at WDW & beginning at DLR in 2016-2017
Barely 2 months, if that between DCA's DEP and MK's Nighttastic MESP. So a rush can be done, would it take longer with PTN's newer Floats/Tech, IDK.

IDK how I'd feel if 50th was 2022. Looks like HKDL's 15th (if they are still planning it) will be 2021(IDK anything, just guessing here)

Wrong wording here but if we could get a contract saying 50th would be top noch(PTN Officially announced/ HEA upgraded to Prim. if HEA's staying/other quality 50th entertainment) in 2022, I would be more OK waiting till 2022.

Right now I just would like a Light at the end of the LONG COVID Tunnel!!!! I hate to admit it but we need that more than a 50th Press conference!

Animaniac93-98

What if the 50th gets delayed to 2022?

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Disney has done this a number of times with their home video releases.

Lady and the Tramp's 50th Anniversary DVD came out February 2006 (The original premier was June 1955)
Sleeping Beauty's 50th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD came out October 2008 (the original premier was January 1959)
Mary Poppin's 50th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD came out December 2013 (the original premier was August 1964)

So really the 50th Anniversary of WDW can basically be whenever they want it and it would not be without precedent.

brb1006

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Disney has done this a number of times with their home video releases.

Lady and the Tramp's 50th Anniversary DVD came out February 2006 (The original premier was June 1955)
Sleeping Beauty's 50th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD came out October 2008 (the original premier was January 1959)
Mary Poppin's 50th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD came out December 2013 (the original premier was August 1964)

So really the 50th Anniversary of WDW can basically be whenever they want it and it would not be without precedent.
Does this mean an Aristocats 50th Anniversary DVD/Blue-ray might happen in 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom