Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

You'd think OLC/TDR would outdo Dreamlights by now but nope.

Yeah strange. Shanghai will probably get a nighttime parade eventually. Let’s hope they do not get the rumored new parade that MK was going to get.

Last edited:

rowrbazzle

Paint the night
castle paint
harmonius
Rat
Tron
return of fantasmic, happily ever after, and festival of fantasy
Poly reopens
cupcake flights

I know some of this isn't for sure, but honestly, could be worse
I think maybe I'm just not as gracious as you, but none of those seem very special or really tied to the 50th. Well, maybe the new Epcot show. It's a parade transfer, an unattractive castle, two rides that should've been opened long before the 50th, and a bunch of stuff that already exists.

It'll be nice to have the parks back to normal, but that's not really a 50th celebration. It still doesn't sound like they really had much planned anyway before Covid happened. That's what's really disappointing to me.

jrhwdw

I think maybe I'm just not as gracious as you, but none of those seem very special or really tied to the 50th. Well, maybe the new Epcot show. It's a parade transfer, an unattractive castle, two rides that should've been opened long before the 50th, and a bunch of stuff that already exists.

It'll be nice to have the parks back to normal, but that's not really a 50th celebration. It still doesn't sound like they really had much planned anyway before Covid happened. That's what's really disappointing to me.
While I get your point, before COVID, IDK how close we were to PTN or anything else at night in MK. Firming up PTN(only on here, not on DPB) is a new development in the last week and will give the magic the 50th needs. Harm. should have been open 2020, I'll agree there. Hopefully Rat still makes 2020!

TTA94

While I get your point, before COVID, IDK how close we were to PTN or anything else at night in MK. Firming up PTN(only on here, not on DPB) is a new development in the last week and will give the magic the 50th needs. Harm. should have been open 2020, I'll agree there. Hopefully Rat still makes 2020!

Not gonna lie I’m very skeptical about the PTN thing actually happening. It may very well be a plan, but plans change especially nowadays.

jrhwdw

Not gonna lie I’m very skeptical about the PTN thing actually happening. It may very well be a plan, but plans change especially nowadays.
Me Too! No Offense to any insider here!! It's just wired it's only on here, not on any other sites/Twitter. I don't think we'll relax till we see it on MK's Calendar! DPB is not always the final answer....Main Street Theater anyone?

TTA94

Me Too! No Offense to any insider here!! It's just wired it's only on here, not on any other sites/Twitter. I don't think we'll relax till we see it on MK's Calendar! DPB is not always the final answer....Main Street Theater anyone?

We probably will not find out until the D23 expo in... August? I had forgotten that was in 2021. That kinda sheds some light on the time frame we should expect things like PTN, Harmonious, 50th date. I can not see new entertainment debuting before the expo nor would the 50th begin before the expo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When it comes to the 50th, quite a few recent additions are to be considered as being for the 50th. They can't have 20 major projects all going at once and all opening/debuting the day the 50th celebration starts. For example, all the park entrances have had major work done. You don't want them all to be a war zone the weeks leading up to the 50th, and so, they were planned to be completed at least half a year before the 50th celebrations started.

Additionally, marketing will mention just about everything added in the past five years (e.g., Pandora) as part of the marketing campaign for those people who don't visit WDW regular like most of us do.

And when you go back that far as 'preparing for the 50th' there will be no shortage of things to tout: SWL, TSL, Pandora, TRON, Rat, gondola, all the resort rooms refurbed, FEA, the new night parade, etc...

TTA94

When it comes to the 50th, quite a few recent additions are to be considered as being for the 50th. They can't have 20 major projects all going at once and all opening/debuting the day the 50th celebration starts. For example, all the park entrances have had major work done. You don't want them all to be a war zone the weeks leading up to the 50th, and so, they were planned to be completed at least half a year before the 50th celebrations started.

Additionally, marketing will mention just about everything added in the past five years (e.g., Pandora) as part of the marketing campaign for those people who don't visit WDW regular like most of us do.

And when you go back that far as 'preparing for the 50th' there will be no shortage of things to tout: SWL, TSL, Pandora, TRON, Rat, gondola, all the resort rooms refurbed, FEA, the new night parade, etc...

I am questioning them debuting things like PTN in October 2021 which might be a challenge with MNSSHP and MVMCP nights and just overall debuting a nighttime parade after... how many years? Lol. It’s definitely going to bring in the crowds! Harmonious would be fine to debut in October though.

jrhwdw

I am questioning them debuting things like PTN in October 2021 which might be a challenge with MNSSHP and MVMCP nights and just overall debuting a nighttime parade after... how many years? Lol. It’s definitely going to bring in the crowds! Harmonious would be fine to debut in October though.
I've said the same thing. PTN and any upgrade to HEA would be tricky to open during Party Season.

TTA94

I wonder how possible any of these could be for MK?

1. PTN gets a overhaul with a few new floats and new soundtrack.
2. FoF gets a overhaul with a few new floats and new soundtrack.
3. HEA gets a overhaul with new scenes, fountains and Main Street projections.

jrhwdw

2. FoF gets a overhaul with a few new floats and new soundtrack.
3. HEA gets a overhaul with new scenes, fountains and Main Street projections.
Wouldn't 3 have to start work already to be ready for the 50th?

doctornick

I've said the same thing. PTN and any upgrade to HEA would be tricky to open during Party Season.

Assuming PTN does indeed come to MK, there's no reason it has to debut on Oct 1, 2021. They could always start running it in the summer before the Halloween parties start. Would certainly give an opportunity for the locals to see it first to try to lessen crowding in October itself.

What has been the trend for other anniversary celebrations in the past? Does the entertainment sing start earlier or not until the day?

Edit: just looked it up and noted that Paint the Night itself started running May 22, 2015 which was a bit before DL's 60th anniversary on July 17.

doctornick

I don't know about a new soundtrack, but I hope that if PTN indeed comes to the east coast, that it will get at least one new float (hopefully something tied to the 50th) especially if Mack/Cars gets cut due to the parade route issues. Someone had said that the Frozen float is gone so I guess that's not an option.

DoleWhipDrea

If guests come and pay for a lesser experience, Disney will find ways to cut corners and make guests pay for less. That’s how it’s been for a very long time now. It’s why New Fantasyland at MK got a Beauty and the Beast overdone M&G and overpriced restaurant, while Tokyo got the real prize.

Now all of a sudden they’re not making the numbers they’re expecting. They thought people would be banging on the gates to get in. They’re not. They’re panicking and want you back.

That’s why they’re trying to figure out how they can drive attendance, why they’re potentially risking their precious overpriced nighttime parties, when the parks used to simply be open late for everyone to enjoy.

Good. Let them try to earn your hard-earned vacation time and money. Visitors should be demanding more. WDW deserves so much more for its 50th.

EricsBiscuit

The Liberty Belle is going to dry dock for a bit. Her hull is very dirty from the last trip out a couple weeks back for maintenance (esp on the drive shafts). They’re also performing a boiler inspection I believe. They’re draining the RoA to clean it. Many dead fish at the bottom but there’s always a few surprises!

jrhwdw

The Liberty Belle is going to dry dock for a bit. Her hull is very dirty from the last trip out a couple weeks back for maintenance (esp on the drive shafts). They’re also performing a boiler inspection I believe. They’re draining the RoA to clean it. Many dead fish at the bottom but there’s always a few surprises!
Is it staying in ROA for this? Or is it going to try the new GF bridge and go backsatge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom