Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsin4

I think they have a great opportunity to add a fun story book circus dark ride if the pad is available. A fun dark ride through storybooks would let them cover a number of stories (toad, Alice, fox and hound, whatever) maybe using circus tents as a queue or a Casey junior type vehicle although m&ms railway might make that repetitive.

Brer Panther

A Mr. Toad revival seems like something that would fit well in the SWSA plot. No more two tracks, but you could maybe add some projection effects and some 3D figures/scenery not present in the California version. It’d be relatively cheap to install a C Ticket Dark Ride in comparison to an E Ticket. Not to mention Wild Ride is the most well known closed attraction, so the accolades and attention would be there.
Back before Shanghai Disneyland opened, Disney had this patent for a new ride system for a Monsters Inc. ride they were apparently planning on building there but didn't. Apparently, the ride vehicles would go in different directions:
1598312256544.png

I don't know if this new ride system went anywhere, but I think it would work great for a new Mr. Toad.

sbunit

The bigger question is when do we think Disney will release packages to book dates next fall that coincide with the 50th celebration? We are approaching the one year mark, I’m sure the masses want to plan their trips

Haymarket2008

A Mr. Toad revival seems like something that would fit well in the SWSA plot. No more two tracks, but you could maybe add some projection effects and some 3D figures/scenery not present in the California version. It’d be relatively cheap to install a C Ticket Dark Ride in comparison to an E Ticket. Not to mention Wild Ride is the most well known closed attraction, so the accolades and attention would be there.

It also would fit beautifully in the UK pavilion. They could even put a cup holder in the car for your Rose & Crown Bass Ale.

Brer Oswald

I think they have a great opportunity to add a fun story book circus dark ride if the pad is available. A fun dark ride through storybooks would let them cover a number of stories (toad, Alice, fox and hound, whatever) maybe using circus tents as a queue or a Casey junior type vehicle although m&ms railway might make that repetitive.
You know it’s funny, I was thinking of the exact same thing you’re describing last night. It’d be a good way to give a bunch of Disney movies that don’t have rides their very own vignettes. My picks would be Pinocchio, Fantasia, Alice (maybe), And Dumbo.

UNCgolf

You know it’s funny, I was thinking of the exact same thing you’re describing last night. It’d be a good way to give a bunch of Disney movies that don’t have rides their very own vignettes. My picks would be Pinocchio, Fantasia, Alice (maybe), And Dumbo.

I think Sword in the Stone, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and the Jungle Book (which deserves a much larger ride at Animal Kingdom, but just for the sake of argument) would be my top picks.

Not that I have any problem with your choices -- it's just that Pinocchio and Alice have rides at Disneyland (and elsewhere for Pinocchio) and Fantasia is a major part of Fantasmic. Dumbo of course has a ride as well, even though it's a minor one. I wanted to focus on classic Disney movies that have no ride/attraction representation of any kind whatsoever (unless you count the castles as attractions, but I don't).

Last edited:

brb1006

I wanted to focus on classic Disney movies that have no ride/attraction representation of any kind whatsoever.
A Bambi attraction (especially as a dark ride) would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. That film doesn't have that much presence at the parks besides Thumper and Miss Bunny (unless you count Epcot's Flower And Garden Festival with the Bambi, Thumper, and Flower topiaries).

Last edited:

doctornick

A Bambi attraction based would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. That film doesn't have that much presence at the parks besides Thumper and Miss Bunny (unless you count Epcot's Flower And Garden Festival with the Bambi, Thumper, and Flower topiaries)

I’ve often suggested a kid friendly “critter country” which could feature a number of animated character attractions including Bambi.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Back before Shanghai Disneyland opened, Disney had this patent for a new ride system for a Monsters Inc. ride they were apparently planning on building there but didn't. Apparently, the ride vehicles would go in different directions:
View attachment 492860
I don't know if this new ride system went anywhere, but I think it would work great for a new Mr. Toad.
I’ve always wanted a Mr.Toad-style ride, but you’re stuck in the back of Cruella’s Car haha

UNCgolf

A Bambi attraction (especially as a dark ride) would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. That film doesn't have that much presence at the parks besides Thumper and Miss Bunny (unless you count Epcot's Flower And Garden Festival with the Bambi, Thumper, and Flower topiaries).

Bambi would be behind the four I mentioned for me and probably some others (Robin Hood, for one). But it definitely fits as a classic Disney movie with no attraction.

I'm not sure it would fit at Animal Kingdom, though, at least as it is currently constructed (whereas Jungle Book would fit perfectly). There isn't any area at Animal Kingdom themed like North American or even European forests -- I actually think it would fit Fantasyland better, although it's obviously not a perfect fit there.

Haymarket2008

Prior to COVID happening, when were they going to even start these projects?? And how would they have completed them in time for the 50th?? Seems like a tight schedule even without a global pandemic slowing things down.

I know that the 6-8 months leading up to DL’s 60th were pretty heavy with construction and refurb. Let’s hope they hit the ground running next year.

TTA94

The future is not looking good with the continuation of the furloughs and such, in particular entertainment wise. I don’t know if the parade performers and firework crews are still in furlough?

DoleWhipDrea

Yes, along with a lot of in-house maintenance workers as well, which is the most worrying thing for me

Yeah that’s not a good sign. The last time maintenance was completely ignored for a long time, Disneyland had a string of really terrible accidents...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Prior to COVID happening, when were they going to even start these projects?? And how would they have completed them in time for the 50th?? Seems like a tight schedule even without a global pandemic slowing things down.

I know that the 6-8 months leading up to DL’s 60th were pretty heavy with construction and refurb. Let’s hope they hit the ground running next year.
Main Street Theatre would have been open by now. BTM should have closed imminently. The new entertainment festivities would have started next spring.
Other attractions would have been systematically updated through this year and into next.

We did get the HOP upgrades which were the start of the project.

Squishy

Main Street Theatre would have been open by now. BTM should have closed imminently. The new entertainment festivities would have started next spring.
Other attractions would have been systematically updated through this year and into next.

We did get the HOP upgrades which were the start of the project.
Gotta feed the executives ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom