Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“Some of the artwork”? It’s an entire inspiration image board, complete with Magicbands and celebration cupcake. Disney might not have decided upon whatever trendy Disney-esque term they’ll call the color, but you can’t tell me that iridescent isn’t the color. Let’s not split hairs here.

View attachment 479720

Still, Chapek did not announce that iridescence was the color.

And I'm not sure how Disney can force everyone to look at the castle through an Instagram filter. ;)

TTA94

Would be nice to know if any of the rumored entertainment was still on, possibility, or completely dead. Only thing we do know, mostly likely at this point, is Harmonius debuting at some point in 2021. But would they only have a new big entertaining offering at Epcot and not MK for the big 5 0?

Probably answering my own question here but I know everything greatly depends on when existing entertainment can resume at the parks, and when it does can it stay operational without any hiccups with Covid19.

jrhwdw

Would be nice to know if any of the rumored entertainment was still on, possibility, or completely dead. Only thing we do know, mostly likely at this point, is Harmonius debuting at some point in 2021. But would they only have a new big entertaining offering at Epcot and not MK for the big 5 0?

Probably answering my own question here but I know everything greatly depends on when existing entertainment can resume at the parks, and when it does can it stay operational without any hiccups with Covid19.
COVID aside........The 50th SHOULD BE NOTHING SHORT OF PERFECTION!!!!! If Disney has the money to partner with Weird Al and now Kap?!?!?!? They have enough money to put a Night Parade back in MK!!! (It's been almost 4 years let's remember!!!)and give WDW the 50th we all want! I'm tired of Disney spending money outside the parks! The Kap desion today just confirms to me that ABC News is running Disney!

Last edited:

TTA94

Well, nugget could mean Gold so anything 50th related would be a possibility including a new nighttime spectacular show.

@marni1971 had said project nugget was nothing. Of course there could still be a new nighttime show. Personally I’d rather them keep HEA or add a tag to it and get new ish parade instead... but it seems like that ship has sailed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For all we know, HEA could have been part of project Nugget and this is the tail end of the project.

We do know from insiders that HEA was supposed to b a temporary show until the 50th. Then, when it showed that is was very well received, the inside scoop was Disney considering only tinkering with HEA to include a 50th nod.

Now, raccoons are nesting in the fireworks pad.

Figments Friend

WDW 50th Anniversary plans ( revised post-Covid apocalypse ) -

What we will likely see :

New ( now current ) paint job on Cinderella Castle
Lots of '50th' merchandise ( low end consumer level and high end collectors editions )
Lots of 'retro themed' merchandise based on the past and 70s resort branding
50th themed desserts / snack items ( cupcakes !!!! )
New 'celebratory' clothing for Mickey & the Gang to wear in the Park ( well, maybe....)
'Recycled' elements from the past being reintroduced
'Long Lost Friends' character appearances....maybe
'50th' branded Resort decor ( banners on lightposts, etc. )

What we would likely want to see but probably won't happen now :

Upgrades / Enhancements to certain 'Classic Attractions' ( particularly at Magic Kingdom )
Brand new, non-recycled Parade custom made for WDW's 50th.
New Castle Stage Show
'Polishing of the Kingdom'
Special celebratory in Park event for Guests on October 1st ( more then just 'free cupcakes' or pinback buttons, and NOT a 'upcharge' Event )

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom