Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has Disney mentioned when the 50th starts, just wondering if trying to actually plan a visit long term...

There's been no PR on the 50th, even before the virus.

Reliable insiders said from Spring of '21 to the end of '22.

What WDW is going to do... I'm sure they do not have a definitive answer at this time but are waiting and seeing.

EricsBiscuit

I can see them doing a night parade after hours and you’d have to reserve your ticket so they could properly social distance everyone out along the parade route and control the amount of guests. Although that might not make it worth running.

peter11435

I can see them doing a night parade after hours and you’d have to reserve your ticket so they could properly social distance everyone out along the parade route and control the amount of guests. Although that might not make it worth running.
They don’t currently have a night parade they could run if they wanted to. By the time one is designed, approved, funded, built, and operating hopefully social distancing will be a memory.

SweetDuffy101

There's been no PR on the 50th, even before the virus.

Reliable insiders said from Spring of '21 to the end of '22.

What WDW is going to do... I'm sure they do not have a definitive answer at this time but are waiting and seeing.
Id predict From October 2021 til September or August 2022

Giss Neric

So I guess there won't be any 24-hour event for Magic Kingdom just like Disneyland's 60th next year eh?

What I'm the most concerned about is Bob Chapek handling everything with him being CEO. 50th is next year. He should get his head in the game fast.

I don't want to hear projects/plans being cancelled cause Bob Chapek says so. I would accept it more if it was due to the effects of the pandemic and not Chapek's decisions.

John park hopper

I hope the 50th anniversary will not be big disappointment --projects not completed, new projects not started, shows cancelled etc. I was at the 25th was hoping the 50th would be extra special

brb1006

Wishful thinking, but I hope WDW does a special recreation of this photo from the opening year of Walt Disney World during it's 50th Anniversary.
1tnbi8d8nez41.jpg

Giss Neric

Wishful thinking, but I hope WDW does a special recreation of this photo from the opening year of Walt Disney World during it's 50th Anniversary.
1tnbi8d8nez41.jpg
Uh, I wish! Especially with a brand new look to the castle, it seems like this was meant to be recreated...with the title Disney World Survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom