Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

Typically, people aren’t released with notice, regardless.

The 3rd party entertainers that I knew who had been let go previously, all had advance notice. I planned a trip to Disney around seeing the late Brian Staron perform his last shows at the Boardwalk because he was able to announce it several weeks ahead of time.

There was.

Martin... are you talking about well before the Covid closure? What I had heard recently was there was no plan for any additional traditional day or night parade. What was still on the plans may have run at night though? Not sure.

But maybe you knew of a plan to bring in a parade from California? I just keep hearing a “no” from my friends in Florida.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure there is. It keeps people in the parks the mid afternoon when some like to go back to the resort to swim or relax. More people in the parks is more chances of them spending money
...then they may putter out before the end of the day cash grab.

They’ve studied these variables for decades. If they wanted to get rid of them...they could justify it.

I would spend way more money at the pool than at the magic kingdom in the heat...just saying.

Last edited:

TTA94

There was.

Rat? Christmas. Maybe. Harm? No chance.

No.

No chance anymore for a parade right?

Sad about Harm. But understandable since there probably won’t be any nighttime shows for awhile. They may as well add it to the 50th Celebration.

Squishy

If anything I’d say they will use the downtime to dress up either FOF or Move It and make that the celebration entertainment.
FoF looked to be getting a repaint of some sort right before the closure, I've noticed some parts of the tangled float got brighter.

Disneyson

I personally think FoF will run for another 3-5 years with the last year highly advertised.

While I’m not the biggest fan of either film, I think that the lack of a full Frozen float or any nod to Moana shows the parade’s date. Of course, the parade celebrates Fantasyland, and I don’t think any sort of Moana float would fit the parade’s aesthetic as it is now.

I wouldn’t complain about the parade being extended further, honestly - it’s no Mirror Castle, not yet.

RSoxNo1

I could buy the thunder ones...though wdw doesn’t get the money to pluss old rides that’s Bob’s corporate show piece does. Been that way for along time and I don’t see it changing

The speedway? That seems more fanboy/spitball

The Hyperion wharf one was...though that was an obvious “concept” with no substance to shield the choice to close PI.

If I recall...Spain was a limited partnership with the Spanish government to sponsor some F&W stuff...not a pavilion. But people labeled themselves on the “inside” and ran with it. It was a good lesson on buyer beware with rumors.
Hyperion Wharf was announced. Concept art below.
HyperionWharf1.jpg
HyperionWharf3.jpg
HyperionWharf2.jpg

RSoxNo1

There was.

Rat? Christmas. Maybe. Harm? No chance.

No.
So that means Ratatouille had like 3+ months left and would have previously been looking at a 4th of July opening?

I assume Harmonious needed all 7 months that were planned and there's concerns about when Fireworks shows can begin again?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m aware...
Still waiting for them to “break ground”

Hyperion wasn’t the greatest example...it was bad timing in that scenario. I got the impression they were more interested in announcing, closing PI and then figuring it out later.

The country pavilions are something else entirely. It’s like a baseball game where you know the closer is going to give up walk off in the bottom of the 9th...guaranteed. Big hiccup at the “last minute”.

I call it the “Daniel bard”.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Hyperion wasn’t the greatest example...it was bad timing in that scenario. I got the impression they were more interested in announcing, closing PI and then figuring it out later

I’m trying to remember the timing but pretty sure PI had already closed. But I think you’re right, Hyperion was the plan to slowly convert PI into 3rd party establishments, they had already started with Raglan Road.

Disney Springs is really a mash up of Hyperion Wharf and Flamingo Crossings isn’t it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m trying to remember the timing but pretty sure PI had already closed. But I think you’re right, Hyperion was the plan to slowly convert PI into 3rd party establishments, they had already started with Raglan Road.

Disney Springs is really a mash up of Hyperion Wharf and Flamingo Crossings isn’t it?
Kinda...

They decided to close PI and announced the “replacement” just as the stock market tanked.

I think Bob was happy for that...it bought them time to build the sawgrass mills lite we currently know and love 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom