Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Looking like PTN is indeed going to be returning to DCA. It’s now showing a link to dining packages on DLs site. That however doesn’t necessarily mean anything for what happens in a year from now.

iMax

Looking like PTN is indeed going to be returning to DCA. It’s now showing a link to dining packages on DLs site. That however doesn’t necessarily mean anything for what happens in a year from now.

What did you just say?? 👀

TTA94

PTN looks like it's coming back this year. Who knows what happens next year with MSEP, PTN or MK. I don't think mnelson3 is an insider?

Going by what I saw on Disneyland’s website. I don’t think they would have added the link if Paint wasn’t coming back. MSEP however was removed.

Based on PTN and MSEPs previous schedule at Disneyland and DCA... who the heck knows what 2021 will bring.

TP2000

Going by what I saw on Disneyland’s website. I don’t think they would have added the link if Paint wasn’t coming back. MSEP however was removed.

Based on PTN and MSEPs previous schedule at Disneyland and DCA... who the heck knows what 2021 will bring.

And Disneyland's new Magic Happens parade that opens in two weeks was designed to be performed at night with onboard lighting and nighttime effects on the floats. So a staggered two-parade operation could be done again at Disneyland with an afternoon and evening parade time each day. With Paint The Night returning to DCA, where it was very popular and seemed to fit that park perfectly.

And that would free up the MSEP to make yet another cross-country trip back to WDW for 2021.

brb1006

And Disneyland's new Magic Happens parade that opens in two weeks was designed to be performed at night with onboard lighting and nighttime effects on the floats. So a staggered two-parade operation could be done again at Disneyland with an afternoon and evening parade time each day. With Paint The Night returning to DCA, where it was very popular and seemed to fit that park perfectly.

And that would free up the MSEP to make yet another cross-country trip back to WDW for 2021.

One year later

MSEP (aged 49): "Please put me out of my misery! I already past the torch to Tokyo 20 years ago."

TDA and TDO: "NEVER!"

Spectromagic's ghost: (sadly to itself) "I was so close to getting refurbished."

Dreamlights: (stares smugly at WDW)

Last edited:

doctornick

It would be nice if they added a parade to DHS. It use to be nice when all the parks had parades. I know logistically it was a nightmare sometimes. However, it was fun to see the different parades.

I've said before that with all the (legit) concerns about a lack of capacity, why wouldn't they add a parade to DHS to help give the crowds something else to do? Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Given the ample night time entertainment, I'd love to see a daytime parade come back to DHS.

doctornick

The part about this post that struck me was Magic Happens was 2 years in the making... IF MK was going to be getting a parade, seems like it should have been well underway by now 😕

I feel like insiders have indicated that designs already exist for a new parade for MK... if Disney is willing to pay for it. So, I think part of the 2 year development process is already complete.

iMax

One year later

MSEP (aged 49): "Please put me out of my misery! I already past the torch to Tokyo 20 years ago."

TDA and TDO: "NEVER!"

Spectromagic's ghost: (sadly to itself) "I was so close to getting refurbished."

Dreamlights: (stares smugly at WDW)

Fantillusion: "Remember when 4 of the 6 Disney Resorts ran a daily nighttime parade with no problem, Pepperidge Farm remembers."

TP2000

Paint The Night has suddenly reappeared on the Disneyland website as available for dining packages. Surprise!

I think the IT department in New Dehli just ruined the big announcement, but at least this frees up the MSEP to head back to WDW for the 50th!

7c2ecc1e-2b63-4c33-8700-200493da0b01-png.448787

TTA94

If MSEP is coming back to MK why not just return it this summer?? Why wait? Surely isn’t anything to be excited about waiting for the 50th.

Maybe that would help WDWs fans not get in a tizzy with DL getting a brand new daytime parade AND PTN. Granted WDW is getting Harmonius... but that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom