Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

There's a difference between nostalgia and going backwards. A difference between classic and dated. MSEP is awful. It should be thrown into a fire.

I'm my opinion.

Oh I don’t disagree. Or at least update the thing. Well, na burn it then build a new set of floats like Dreamlights lol.

Kman101

There's a difference between nostalgia and going backwards. A difference between classic and dated. MSEP is awful. It should be thrown into a fire.

I'm my opinion.

You're correct in the first sentence. ;)

What they should do, if they want to keep MSEP for "nostalgia" sake ;) then update it. TRULY refurb it. But they aren't. So yeah, they should finally toss it in the fire (and I love this parade, personally, but of course admit it's way past time ...). But I'd like to see it updated to current standards. It's age is obvious as it sputters down the street.

DoleWhipDrea

Since Disneyland’s new show is debuting soon and Paint the Night is only 5 years old and hasn’t been running since 2018, I think that Paint the Night will be coming to Magic Kingdom for the 50th. If we’re lucky, they’ll add in a few new floats.

It really does shock me how drastically different entertainment is handled between coasts. Is it due to the rain?

TTA94

Since Disneyland’s new show is debuting soon and Paint the Night is only 5 years old and hasn’t been running since 2018, I think that Paint the Night will be coming to Magic Kingdom for the 50th. If we’re lucky, they’ll add in a few new floats.

It really does shock me how drastically different entertainment is handled between coasts. Is it due to the rain?

Last I heard over in the DL threads Paint The Night is said to be returning to Disneyland or DCA this year.

Squishy

Well it looks like WDW recently did some shopping at Disneyland for the villains cavalcade additions with Ursula from Frightfully Fun and Flatsam and Jetsam from Parade of Dreams. Let’s hope MSEP didn’t come back with them lol.
They also last year brought the toy story alien saucer from pixar play parade to BTY.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I think he was thinking about the timing of a closure, which this time was especially long (which I think more likely had more to do with the loss of longtime HOP sculptor Blaine Gibson than anything political, as was speculated).

Nevertheless, I think they would just keep with the traditional plan of closing the attraction for a time to add any new president.
Blaine Gibson had already passed the torch of sculpting the Hall of Presidents heads by the time President Obama was being added. I believe Valerie Edwards sculpted him. Not sure who sculpted Trump.

#BackToYourPreviouslyScheduledThread

General Mayhem

As it's been discussed many times before, Magic Kingdom's parade route is doesn't meet the size requirements for PTN. It will never come to MK in it's current state, and would require a completely new iteration of the parade. I'd rather have a modern version of SpectroMagic, I've always hated MSEP.

peter11435

As it's been discussed many times before, Magic Kingdom's parade route is doesn't meet the size requirements for PTN. It will never come to MK in it's current state, and would require a completely new iteration of the parade. I'd rather have a modern version of SpectroMagic, I've always hated MSEP.
And yet Disneylands smaller, shorter, narrower parade route is just fine.

The issue at WDW is not the entire parade or the entire route. It’s one float and two locations along the route.

Where there is a will there is a way.

There just isn’t

DoleWhipDrea

Yeah, I’ve heard this claim before, and as someone who regularly visited Disneyland before project stardust to expand pathways before SWGE opened, this is as much baloney as the claim that the Submarine Voyage lagoon can’t be drained because the Matterhorn would sink. Magic Kingdom has significantly more space than Disneyland or Disney California Adventure.

If TDO did the right thing, it would bring back an updated version of SpectroMagic, but considering their track record with investing in new parades...chances don’t look too good.

TTA94

I personally think they should ditch Star Wars Galactic Spectacular and put a parade like paint the night there lol. Small parade route though and it probably wouldn’t work.

iMax

Wait a minute, new SHOW? Or did you mean new parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom