Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTeacup

I think the last refurb took longer because they changed to digital, and changing some of the programming. Plus pretty much a new film.
Also, they were waiting on GMR to close so that they could re-purpose the AA's to bring some of the Presidents back to life again.

TTA94

MK should be the one getting something like this next year 🙄

Disneyland, or DCA, will likely be getting Paint The Night back sooner or later as well. Giving me anxiety we haven’t heard peep about anything, legitimately, in the works for MKs 50th. They better not mess this up!

jrhwdw

Disneyland, or DCA, will likely be getting Paint The Night back sooner or later as well. Giving me anxiety we haven’t heard peep about anything, legitimately, in the works for MKs 50th. They better not mess this up!

Let's remember that not 1 word has been said on the fate of PTN or MSEP! I still don't get why DLR or another Resort won't use them!!! We know PTN isn't going to Paris now....

brb1006

Youtube upload of the video which is in better quality.

TTA94

Since we found out they put Steve Davison in charge of Harmonius, I wonder if he’s working on other things for WDW? I would assume plans, if any, would be set by now for the 50th.

Animaniac93-98

50th birthday.jpg

Do it you cowards!

Moka

Are the annual refurbs this year part of the 50th plans or are the rumored "enhancements" coming later?
If I’m wrong anyone correct me, but these are the annual normal refurbs. Just to put things back together again. The rumored refurbs are likely to come along closer when the time is near. Seems a bit too early to do the 50th anniversary, it’d be worn down already by the time it comes around.

TTA94

From other threads it doesn’t sound like insiders are aware of any parade in the works for the 50th. That’s depressing. 😞 Hopefully there’s still a small glimmer of hope since technically we still have a year and a couple months to go before one would need to debut in time for the 50th. Maybe it’s a project that is being kept under very tight wraps?

If we end up not getting a light parade until Disney’s 100th, like some have suggested, I’d rather have MSEP back as a interim parade over continuing to have nothing. I sure as heck don’t want MSEP back, but at the same time it’s better then waiting another few years with no parade at all.

Bocabear

From other threads it doesn’t sound like insiders are aware of any parade in the works for the 50th. That’s depressing. 😞 Hopefully there’s still a small glimmer of hope since technically we still have a year and a couple months to go before one would need to debut in time for the 50th. Maybe it’s a project that is being kept under very tight wraps?

If we end up not getting a light parade until Disney’s 100th, like some have suggested, I’d rather have MSEP back as a interim parade over continuing to have nothing. I sure as heck don’t want MSEP back, but at the same time it’s better then waiting another few years with no parade at all.
Disney's 100th? the 100th of what? Disneyland would be 2056 or 2071 for WDW? That would be pretty pathetic if it would take them another 36 to 50 years to put together a new light parade...lol Well at least there would be no one left alive that would be able to accurately remember the old one...
It is actually pretty pathetic that they have taken this long to replace Spectromagic...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No *reliable* insider I know of has said there isn't going to be a new night parade... yet.

TTA94

Disney's 100th? the 100th of what? Disneyland would be 2056 or 2071 for WDW? That would be pretty pathetic if it would take them another 36 to 50 years to put together a new light parade...lol Well at least there would be no one left alive that would be able to accurately remember the old one...
It is actually pretty pathetic that they have taken this long to replace Spectromagic...

Disney’s 100th Anniversary in 2023. Wouldn’t be that far in the future but still, waiting yet another 3 or so years... ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom