Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Not much has been set in stone yet, hence why we saw very little at D23. There is a lot of awesome stuff planned that hasn't gotten the axe yet, my point is that I fear it will, should revenues go south in Q4.

Setting your expectations where they're already at is actually pretty good because you'll likely be impressed by what we do end up getting rather than disappointed by expecting the world.

I don’t care what gets cut as long as a nighttime parade isn’t one of them.

Kate F

Hey, at least there won’t be a Pepto Bismol Castle this time around, right?

(Not saying they shouldn’t go big for the 50th, but at least that’s something we don’t have to worry about)

EricsBiscuit

I mean, it seems like common sense, raise prices too much and not enough people show up. If anything, they should be cutting prices to pack the parks in every day with as many people as possible if they want the big bucks. It’s not rocket science. Build quality stuff and charge a fair price and people will come. Now, they’re cutting quality while raising prices. The value isn’t there anymore. People are spending the thousands they would on a WDW trip to go to somewhere else. Management’s bonus structure has created perverse incentives that have driven the company in a wrong direction.

TTA94

I mean maybe they will send paint the night over.... or yet another run of Main Street electrical.... but a new night parade? Highly unlikely.

I doubt we will get a new day parade.... festival of fantasy is gonna be pretty tired by then.

Well, since their calling the 50th “party in the parks”, paint the night would fit that category. I don’t see DL giving WDW either of those parades unless its forced on them.

Likely the only thing being considered is a update or replacement for HEA.

Touchdown

If it’s not big, I’m not going that year, the only reason I’m going that year is for the 50th if they announce something lame I’ll wait until Epcot’s renovation is done before I go again.

Stripes

Agree on all counts. People should stop gleefully proclaiming that SWGE is terrible all over the Internet. It’s not and we will regret all this in 2 years.
It would seem premature to me to make these decisions in November (Q4 earnings report). I would wait until February 2020 at least.

I continue to believe that ROTR is causing significant numbers of people to hold off on their vacations to DL and WDW. I also suspect word of mouth will be much more positive once ROTR opens.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

It would seem premature to me to make the final call on the land in November (Q4 earnings report). I would wait until February 2020 at least.

I continue to believe that ROTR is causing significant numbers of people to hold off on their vacations.
ESP when ROTR isn't open yet.....This whole summer has been weird!!! I get people waiting for ROTR,but there should have been AP's(when Blockouts were over) and other people relatively close to DLR/WDW to give SWGE healthy numbers! Is MSEP(and Halloween Screams without a Party Ticket since 2008)doing some good for DL? Sould MSEP stay beyond OCT 1st if it's working? It would be if WDW asked MSEP for help like DL did, but SWGE is at DHS, not MK. Would DHS be willing to put MESP in the Park? Where are the OSboune Lights Now?!?!? LOL! THAT would bring people to DHS?WDW!

Kev1982

ESP when ROTR isn't open yet.....This whole summer has been weird!!! I get people waiting for ROTR,but there should have been AP's(when Blockouts were over) and other people relatively close to DLR/WDW to give SWGE healthy numbers! Is MSEP(and Halloween Screams without a Party Ticket since 2008)doing some good for DL? Sould MSEP stay beyond OCT 1st if it's working? It would be if WDW asked MSEP for help like DL did, but SWGE is at DHS, not MK. Would DHS be willing to put MESP in the Park? Where are the OSboune Lights Now?!?!? LOL! THAT would bring people to DHS?WDW!
I think it's clear in Disneyland for everyone to see. Open a very expensive Star Wars Land, no crowds… Bring back something that is defining Disney like MSEP and you have crowds. I think they should stop buying franchises and work with their own legacy catalogue.

Bocabear

I think it's clear in Disneyland for everyone to see. Open a very expensive Star Wars Land, no crowds… Bring back something that is defining Disney like MSEP and you have crowds. I think they should stop buying franchises and work with their own legacy catalogue.
YES!!! They have so many IPs that they own, there is no real reason to look outside of their own catalog...

brb1006

It would seem premature to me to make these decisions in November (Q4 earnings report). I would wait until February 2020 at least.

I continue to believe that ROTR is causing significant numbers of people to hold off on their vacations to DL and WDW. I also suspect word of mouth will be much more positive once ROTR opens.
What's the date for the earning call?

Stripes

What's the date for the earning call?
Q4 earnings call is November 7.

Janir

I mean maybe they will send paint the night over.... or yet another run of Main Street electrical.... but a new night parade? Highly unlikely.

I doubt we will get a new day parade.... festival of fantasy is gonna be pretty tired by then.
I'm tending to agree that there won't be any new night time parade. Look at all the special night time parties/events/special ticket things they are already doing that is limiting general admission night time activities. With more nights now being special events and special tickets, whey won't need a night parade for a while. ;-(

MattFrees71

We've seen the acknowledgment (in one way or the other) of all the original attractions at Epcot in the ongoing overhaul, and things like bringing back the original fountain glass structure and entrance area there.

Now, I wonder if there will be any nod to long forgotten, original Magic Kingdom rides/history for the 50th anniversary. For me, the one I'd like to see a proper homage given to is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (more than a poster hopefully???).

Po'Rich

I asked Disney and they were less than helpful. Does anyone know what month the 50th anniversary will start? Will it be all year in 2021 or will it start in October and run into 2022? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom