Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

Actually it says a new neighborhood inspired by Mary Poppins coming to the UK Pavilion...so if I am reading right, an "attraction" can be almost anything...and since there is absolutely no information I am assuming this "Attraction" will be refacing the facades in the back of the UK Pavilion to look like Cherry tree Lane and most likely just a meet end greet... a special carousel even seems unlikely after this horrible nothing of a parks panel...maybe they will add a Target Disney store back there...

It can be taken a few ways.

Here's the quote: "we’ll welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane, which will join the United Kingdom pavilion as an entirely new neighborhood!"

In re-reading it, you could take it to mean Cherry Tree Lane is the 'attraction' but I took it to mean the first attraction IN Cherry Tree Lane as 'inspired by'. A carousel would fit that bill. Sorry. I want to believe it's more but it's not. PLEASE let me be wrong @marni1971

jrhwdw

Festival of Fantasy was announced on April 26, 2013 and debuted the following March. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility for an announcement early next year.
And yet Soundsational got the notice in June, closed July 17th, and no replacement until today. Go figure! Granted, all the insiders knew about Magic Happens, but Disney kept the news shut until today.

I'm not disappointed......yet! I kind of figured D23 2019 might be too early for a full WDW 50th report. Is WDW/Orlando having DestinationD next year? That might be the time and place.

As far as timing, yes FOF was announced right before my 2013 Goodbye CADCT trip!(Sigh! they should have kept CADCT in tact to replace MISI or MSEP!)

Now I don't remember when HKDL announced PTN but DL finally admitted it end of Jan 2015 for opening May 22, 2015. However it seemed like all the insiders knew well before Jan 2015, and I didn't believe any of it because when was the last time DL had a Night Parade before PTN?????

jrhwdw

Sadly you must be right. Considering how Disney went all out with Disneyland's 50th Anniversary between 2004 and 2005. I wish they gave the same treatment for WDW.
DL's 50th was announced 1 year before the start date so there;s till time. Is it bad that I loved the 50th announcement show more than the 50th opening show???(Not talking about POD or RDCT) Brand New First Laptop and just finding Disney Videos online along with Golden Mickeys' Finale Prob helped things! :)

Speedy71

Really the parks panel has no affect on WDW 50th so I don't why you believe that.

Never said it did. The window for announcing a night time parade is closing. time is not on Disney side to twiddle their thumbs on the subject either announce what's coming or don't or just keeping dragging this out until the 50th. Honestly I don't care what they do all I'm asking for is closure.

Hotamber

Right now the plan looks like it will be open Tron and slap 50th anniversary tags on everything else. Realistically Mickey mouse construction would have to start pretty soon unless Universal builds it

rowrbazzle

Right now the plan looks like it will be open Tron and slap 50th anniversary tags on everything else. Realistically Mickey mouse construction would have to start pretty soon unless Universal builds it

That's really disappointing. I was planning to make two trips in 2021 because I assumed they'd be doing lots of cool stuff for the 50th. How foolish of me. 😞

Cmdr_Crimson

It can be taken a few ways.

Here's the quote: "we’ll welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane, which will join the United Kingdom pavilion as an entirely new neighborhood!"

In re-reading it, you could take it to mean Cherry Tree Lane is the 'attraction' but I took it to mean the first attraction IN Cherry Tree Lane as 'inspired by'. A carousel would fit that bill. Sorry. I want to believe it's more but it's not. PLEASE let me be wrong @marni1971
Rather see what they do with Admiral Boon and make him a face character and see if he shoots off his cannon on the hour and half hour..I'm all for that..

Crazydisneyfanluke

DL's 50th was announced 1 year before the start date so there;s till time. Is it bad that I loved the 50th announcement show more than the 50th opening show???(Not talking about POD or RDCT) Brand New First Laptop and just finding Disney Videos online along with Golden Mickeys' Finale Prob helped things! :)
I am really hoping they kick it up a notch from DLR 50th. They have better tech, but still need to keep that Disney feel. They are celebrating the resort, not the IP.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Rather see what they do with Admiral Boon and make him a face character and see if he shoots off his cannon on the hour and half hour..I'm all for that..

I think it would be amazing if the preshow for what ever attraction is, is that scene. You hear a boom, then everything acts like its about to fall off. You have CM's running around putting things back... but that could be out of the budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom