Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Once Upon a Time being replaced with a night parade and Move It Shake It getting a 50th skin?

Once Upon A Time leaving for a parade, IF we get one, is a no brainer I suppose. Better bet, unfortunately, is we don’t get a parade, HEA stays intact, and OUAT gets replaced with a small 50th show celebrating the park, think of a short version of Remember Dreams Come True or Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.

General Mayhem

I dunno... I feel like if they were planning on getting a new day time parade, they wouldn't have replaced the Maleficent float and would have used the incident just as impetus to bump up the new parade... but just a guess... personally, I think Festival of Fantasy is still pretty fresh and in no need of replacement anytime soon...
Dude... the parade is 5 years old. The opening and closing floats are 11 years old, FoF needs to be replaced before it becomes another zombie parade.

drizgirl

Dude... the parade is 5 years old. The opening and closing floats are 11 years old, FoF needs to be replaced before it becomes another zombie parade.
Since Disney apparently doesn't care about repeat guests, it will be new to all those first timers for the foreseeable future.
Once Upon A Time leaving for a parade, IF we get one, is a no brainer I suppose. Better bet, unfortunately, is we don’t get a parade, HEA stays intact, and OUAT gets replaced with a small 50th show celebrating the park, think of a short version of Remember Dreams Come True or Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.
OUAT is an entertainment offering that requires minimal daily staffing. No chance it would be replaced with a staff heavy parade.

General Mayhem

Since Disney apparently doesn't care about repeat guests, it will be new to all those first timers for the foreseeable future.

OUAT is an entertainment offering that requires minimal daily staffing. No chance it would be replaced with a staff heavy parade.
There is no excuse to keep the same parade for more than 5-7 years other than being cheap and lazy. The only exception would be nighttime parades. I've never really cared for FoF because it's a Frankenstein parade that lacks a clear vision. I think a new parade every 5 years would be ideal instead of WDW's horrid history of overlaying the same parade for 13 years.

MickeyMinnieMom

There is no excuse to keep the same parade for more than 5-7 years other than being cheap and lazy. The only exception would be nighttime parades.
This seems so silly to me. Where does the arbitrary 5-7yrs come from? Why would a nighttime parade be an exception? This is all just a matter of opinion. I don't see parades as things that need to switch up often at all if they "work".

General Mayhem

This seems so silly to me. Where does the arbitrary 5-7yrs come from? Why would a nighttime parade be an exception? This is all just a matter of opinion. I don't see parades as things that need to switch up often at all if they "work".
Daytime parades take a lot more wear and tear than nighttime parades. Daytime parades also tend to become much more dated quickly especially when you see how the parades overseas have evolved past what we have now. FoF is like a good parade compared to what Tokyo was doing in 2008, it lacks the innovation and artistic visions that are being pulled off now. It's just good to renew interest every 5 years because that way you can incorporate new themes and characters (a lot changes in 5 years).

brb1006

I think he was referring to daytime parades which Walt Disney World used to get every couple of years. Especially during the 80s and 90s.

Disney Character Hit Parade lasted until around 1994

Mickey Mania premiered in 1994 and ended in 1996.

Walt Disney World created a special 25th anniversary parade called "Remember The Magic" which lasted until 2001.

MickeyMinnieMom

Daytime parades take a lot more wear and tear than nighttime parades. Daytime parades also tend to become much more dated quickly especially when you see how the parades overseas have evolved past what we have now. FoF is like a good parade compared to what Tokyo was doing in 2008, it lacks the innovation and artistic visions that are being pulled off now. It's just good to renew interest every 5 years because that way you can incorporate new themes and characters (a lot changes in 5 years).
And you come by this authority how? I'm just continually fascinated by the regularity with which people online present an opinion as some form of objective truth.

MickeyMinnieMom

I think he was referring to daytime parades which used to get newer parades every couple of years.

Disney Character Hit Parade lasted until around 1994

Mickey Mania premiered in 1994 and ended in 1996.

Walt Disney World created a special 25th anniversary parade called "Remember The Magic" which lasted until 2001.

But apparently the magic number is now 5-7 yrs... 🙄

General Mayhem

And you come by this authority how? I'm just continually fascinated by the regularity with which people online present an opinion as some form of objective truth.
Because that is the way things are done almost every Disney Resort but WDW. WDW is the only resort that constantly bucks the trend by being extremely cheap by keeping the same tired parade going well past it's expiration date.

MickeyMinnieMom

Because that is the way things are done almost every Disney Resort but WDW. WDW is the only resort that constantly bucks the trend by being extremely cheap by keeping the same tired parade going well past it's expiration date.
Any chance it could have something to do with the demographic difference in WDW, locals vs. visitors vs. one-timers? It could be a smart decision.

When you're a hammer ("Disney is cheap!!!") everything is a nail -- I get it. It just gets old on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom