Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrinstein

I recently got the chance to go to Disneyland Paris, and their versions of classic rides are so much more charming/thrilling than our versions back in Disney World. It's a Small World is spectacular, Space Mountain has a loop, and Pirates is much longer to name a few. Is there a chance that we might get updates to these classic rides for the 50th?

BlakeW39

I recently got the chance to go to Disneyland Paris, and their versions of classic rides are so much more charming/thrilling than our versions back in Disney World. It's a Small World is spectacular, Space Mountain has a loop, and Pirates is much longer to name a few. Is there a chance that we might get updates to these classic rides for the 50th?

I mean I'm ignorant... but I would doubt all that unfortunately. I guess anything is possible but upgrading to that extent is unlikely imo.

bjlc57

so what has really changed in Magic Kingdom since the start of the tread? how many new rides? and how many updates and which ones are they? So what's changed besides an enormous price of admission..some one please tell me..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Do any of our insiders believe that if MK doesn’t get a nighttime parade they will instead get a new daytime parade?

I dunno... I feel like if they were planning on getting a new day time parade, they wouldn't have replaced the Maleficent float and would have used the incident just as impetus to bump up the new parade... but just a guess... personally, I think Festival of Fantasy is still pretty fresh and in no need of replacement anytime soon...

HoldenC

It is ticking.... and truly I do not think those in charge are feeling the need to do any of it. They have so much that they are adding now to the parks, plussing what they already have I think fell into the bucket of: nice to have, but not needed. :( sigh. Its not that its a wrong decision, but it is a corporate one. I hope I am wrong. I think night parade fell into the same bucket. Figures crossed my assumptions are wrong.
I agree. If we dont get anything official announcements in July we can truly say the WDW 50th will be cupcakes and merch only

TrainsOfDisney

personally, I think Festival of Fantasy is still pretty fresh and in no need of replacement anytime soon...

It’s already 5 years old... should a parade last a decade? 2 decades?

What I would expect from the most visited theme park in the world is a brand new day parade, a brand new night parade, and a brand new fireworks show. Kinda like what DL did (minus the night parade... they didn’t do that).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s already 5 years old... should a parade last a decade? 2 decades?

What I would expect from the most visited theme park in the world is a brand new day parade, a brand new night parade, and a brand new fireworks show. Kinda like what DL did (minus the night parade... they didn’t do that).

Except... Fantasy is a *good* parade. It gets everything right. I wouldn't mind a new float rotated in every other year. And insiders have mentioned that for the 50th, Fantasy may be tweaked instead of completely new, because it is so well received. And the same rumor for HEA, a tweak for 50 rather than a brand new one, since, again, it's so well received.

At least the light parade will be brand new.

aladdin2007

Except... Fantasy is a *good* parade. It gets everything right. I wouldn't mind a new float rotated in every other year. And insiders have mentioned that for the 50th, Fantasy may be tweaked instead of completely new, because it is so well received. And the same rumor for HEA, a tweak for 50 rather than a brand new one, since, again, it's so well received.

At least the light parade will be brand new.

I think they have done a lot better in past parades, this one is kinda meh, after seeing it once no desire to see it again, its disjointed to me at best. Love the dragon float of course, but just my opinion take on it, I know other folks love it all.... The 50th deserves new and 50th themed. But sadly this is not the grand 25th anniversary Disney anymore, its corporate chapek disney.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Tron? GoTG? Ratatouille?
yeah, but all of these additions were absolutely necessary in parks that have not seen any growth to meet their crowds...EPCOT desperately needed a few new attractions...DHS was a joke with only 4 rides... These are not necessarily fabulous changes for the 50th Celebration, but necessary growth... I don't feel confident that there will be nearly the attention spent on the parks that Disneyland got for their 50th....and for the most visited, largest Disney park in the world, it should be a significant amount of things...New 50th Parades, Shows, Attractions plussed and enhanced... But then again this is Chapek's Disney, and routine growth and maintenance will be hyped as new celebration enhancements....

Disone

I think they have done a lot better in past parades, this one is kinda meh, after seeing it once no desire to see it again, its disjointed to me at best. Love the dragon float of course, but just my opinion take on it, I know other folks love it all.... The 50th deserves new and 50th themed. But sadly this is not the grand 25th anniversary Disney anymore, its corporate chapek disney.
I very much like the 25th anniversary parade, but I found the finale float to be very cheap. Festival of fantasy predates chapek. So you might be reading into that a little bit. It is not a chapek parade. In my opinion it is better than the 25th anniversary parade. But regardless there was a lot of parade between the 25th anniversary and the current Festival of fantasy that was really substandard.

I do think Festival of fantasy has more life left in it, a lot more. But I would hate to see it get to the point but the last parade did. Where the final performance comes and I really couldn't even be bothered to consider going.

Squishy

yeah, but all of these additions were absolutely necessary in parks that have not seen any growth to meet their crowds...EPCOT desperately needed a few new attractions...DHS was a joke with only 4 rides... These are not necessarily fabulous changes for the 50th Celebration, but necessary growth... I don't feel confident that there will be nearly the attention spent on the parks that Disneyland got for their 50th....and for the most visited, largest Disney park in the world, it should be a significant amount of things...New 50th Parades, Shows, Attractions plussed and enhanced... But then again this is Chapek's Disney, and routine growth and maintenance will be hyped as new celebration enhancements....
Still a 50th addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom