Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

I am expecting them to do a lot less than they have done in the past for other anniversaries...It is just their trend... If Disneyland does something amazing for their 40th anniversary, WDW will get a banner... If Disneyland did a bunch of huge enhancements to their existing rides, gold leafed the castle, added huge new moving animated windows on Main street, had giveaways, new parades and shows, WDW will do a minimal decor for the castle, we will get an upcharge cupcake party and a new projection show...and for some reason they will waste hundreds of thousands of dollars putting anniversary banners all the way out rt 192... The majority of the money will most likely be spent on marketing and advertising...It is just the way they have been doing things lately...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I am expecting them to do a lot less than they have done in the past for other anniversaries...It is just their trend... If Disneyland does something amazing for their 40th anniversary, WDW will get a banner... If Disneyland did a bunch of huge enhancements to their existing rides, gold leafed the castle, added huge new moving animated windows on Main street, had giveaways, new parades and shows, WDW will do a minimal decor for the castle, we will get an upcharge cupcake party and a new projection show...and for some reason they will waste hundreds of thousands of dollars putting anniversary banners all the way out rt 192... The majority of the money will most likely be spent on marketing and advertising...It is just the way they have been doing things lately...
Well, insiders have been saying that this is being viewed as a big deal, so here's hoping your wrong.. 🙂

Kman101

I am praying I am wrong!

Me too. They've certainly given us plenty of reasons to be wary of them ... for me it's not even about the 50th anymore, lol, I just hope they continue investment because they can't have another 10 year lull period ...

N2dru

I can't be the only who likes ride vehicle merchandise or attraction specific stuff. I hope they bring things like Country Bear or Jungle Cruise figures or boats or even Space Mountain rockets for the 50th. Remember the attraction vehicle set from a few years ago that had Splash and Space Mountain cars? That would be cool for the 50th!!

N2dru

Hopefully Disney will release a more accurate Cinderella Castle model/toy in honor of 50th. I think the monorail castle accessory has been pulled from shopDisney now. Not sure if its still available in the parks though. But it wasn't really an accurate representation of the castle. The other resin model of the castle hasn't been available for years which was way more accurate in its rendering.

spectrodanny

I was told awhile ago that yes, MK will be getting a new electrical parade. The leader I talked to said, "I hope it's not Paint the Night," but they said it in such a way that led me to believe that it's probably going to be Paint the Night. (YMMV)The MSEP wasn't supposed to last this long - it was supposed to be "retired" again about three/four years ago, but because of what happened to SpectroMagic, MSEP had to stick around longer than anticipated. Frankly, speaking only for myself, I'll be glad to see MSEP go. Some of the floats are so old most guests have no idea what it is (Pete and Elliot being the biggest example, IMHO).
interesting fact: Pete's Dragon originally was only supposed to be a Temporary addition to the MSEP but ended up sticking around. IU'm surprised the float lasted as long as it duds considering upon it's last run in 2017 at Disneyland it was 40 years old.

Disone

We’ve heard there’s plans for a while but there hasn’t been any major enhancement to any of MK’s attractions recently. No Hatbox Ghost, lift hill explosions, Peter Pan improvements, nothing. The clock is ticking.
It is ticking.... and truly I do not think those in charge are feeling the need to do any of it. They have so much that they are adding now to the parks, plussing what they already have I think fell into the bucket of: nice to have, but not needed. :( sigh. Its not that its a wrong decision, but it is a corporate one. I hope I am wrong. I think night parade fell into the same bucket. Figures crossed my assumptions are wrong.

peter11435

We’ve heard there’s plans for a while but there hasn’t been any major enhancement to any of MK’s attractions recently. No Hatbox Ghost, lift hill explosions, Peter Pan improvements, nothing. The clock is ticking.
The 50th is still nearly 2.5 years away. Plenty of time for those types of enhancements. Especially since it’s not as though they haven’t already started.

Last edited:

Disone

The 50th is still nearly 2.5 years away. Plenty of time for those types of enhancements. Especially since it’s not as though they haven’t already started.
Plenty of time? hehehehe. We are talking about the same company? How long did it take to build __________ at Walt Disney World? ;) (But your examples are plusses, not new builds so hopefully your optimism is correct!!!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom