Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhwdw

Wouldn’t surprise me if Universal announced a new nighttime parade soon. They already have one in Japan and it looks pretty cool. And if WDW drops the ball like this...
UOR Should!!!! It would WDW look bad on that front, and hopefully it would kick WDW in the.......

jrhwdw

After looking a bit on Twitter, we have the other end of the spectum:

Who the Heck knows what's going on!

I will say that MK should say something so more people after reading Corless' article don't get bad tastes in their mouths. People like me who had that taste for awhile and it worse now that there's 1(maybe 2) night parades backstage at DLR doing no one any good!(not preforming)

TTA94

After looking a bit on Twitter, we have the other end of the spectum:

Who the Heck knows what's going on!

I will say that MK should say something so more people after reading Corless' article don't get bad tastes in their mouths. People like me who had that taste for awhile and it worse now that there's 1(maybe 2) night parades backstage at DLR doing no one any good!(not preforming)

Hmm, Well, hopefully things are still up in the air and it’s at least not a definite No.

trainplane3

Let’s not forget Corless also was the one who posted Paint The Night coming to WDW and look how that turned out. So let’s hope the same happens with this rumor of his.
And he kept saying the Speedway was going away and Tron was going to replace it. He jumps the gun.

jrhwdw

The solution is simple.

Universal: "Announcing a new nighttime show for Universal Studios Florida, coming in 2022!"

Disney: scrambles to counter .... "Announcing a new nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom, coming in 2021!!!"

:hilarious:
I know that Cinematic Celebration just opened last summer but, how long is UOR thinking of keeping it? If it's due for refresh or replacement, This could actually happen!

jrhwdw

Nothing green-Lit, but nothing off the table (as far as I know, which isn’t everything). However, the deadline to green light things in time for the 50th, especially something bigger like a parade, is nearing.
How close are we? I would think D23 2019 would be way too early for WDW 50th talk. DL's 50th was announced exactly 1 year before it started. DL's 60th Press Conference was end of Jan 2015, 60th started Memorial Weekend 2015. How long was PTN greenlit before the 60th Press Conference?

Unless MK wants to rush the Night Parade with its' own budget(Finally!) and not use the 50th budget??

Maybe Corless wanted this out there for fans to put pressure on MK?(I know, crazy thought but that's the first thing I thought of when you said the 50th Greenlit deadline was coming.)

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I’ve heard nothing to suggest they’ve chosen NOT to offer a parade but they certainly need to pull the trigger soon. There are some who view HEA’s popularity as meaning an updated HEA would be enough. And there are legitimate concerns from park ops. 9 pm parades with 10 pm fireworks are an operational challenge but that doesn’t excuse a bad decision. Push HEA back 15 min....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom